• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories |OT| Pi-Khezu, I Choose You!

ilium

Which Monstie has Salt in the Wound?

Would go great on Brachy and Seregios.

Your best bet would be Deviljho, but I think the Congalalas can have it too

Salt in the Wound is just too good for a team based around afflicting status though. At least, I've started planning around it. Of course, I'm sure there's plenty immunity mixed into PvP. I ain't there yet - holy shit this main story is long!

I've been playing a status oriented team (well, me and my deviljho) ever since I got access to the first status SnS, and been wearing the Kecha set for the majority of the game. But I wasn't always sure what exactly counts as abnormal status - like skillseal? Probably but I dunno..
I've rarely seen immunity to status in PvP actually, unless it was a monstie built for a specific status effect - so me and my Jho have been trucking along rather nicely on that front.
Salt in the wound always felt like a decent boost, interesting to see it's really that good.
Thinking about fitting Dancer somewhere on my Jho...

Zaventem

Finally finished theory building one team.. now to actually finish the game haha. Looking through non-elem genes dunno if i should go warlike for that insane head to head damage(30% taken and dealt!) or something constant like a boost gene. Not running a status team or i would have used salt in the wound. Diablos Gene with power charge seems good for a 1 turn buff too...decision decisions.

BooJoh

Here's a video that shows the hairstyles from the new tournament.

I've been playing other games since I finished the main story, but I'll probably jump back in whenever they release the Glavenus DLC.

Lanrutcon

Here's a video that shows the hairstyles from the new tournament.

I've been playing other games since I finished the main story, but I'll probably jump back in whenever they release the Glavenus DLC.

I check each week for new DLC, but otherwise I have to finish my D:OS 2 Tactician run, Battlechasers and the Grim Dawn expansion is out the 11th/Etrian Odyssey V is out the 20th/Destiny 2 is out the 24th.

Lanrutcon

Dual High Rank Kirins down!

My I. Lagi continues to perform.

Edit: Tower complete. Last few floors are pretty rough.

Edit: Fatalis down. My A. Zinogre destroyed him.

All I have left is poogie hunting, I guess.

BooJoh

Underwhelming DLC this week. One MH Fan Club sticker set and a 7 star Pink Rathian subquest that awards 3 Recovery Charms.

Unicorn

Man, I keep thinking this game is over. I thought the volcano was the end by that was like over 20 hours ago now and I'm stuck at an icy mountain with what I assume is the main story boas fight, but I'm getting whooped. I must be close, but then run out of pots and get wiped.

Is there a way to get more finding charms or whatever increases rare den find?

BooJoh

Man, I keep thinking this game is over. I thought the volcano was the end by that was like over 20 hours ago now and I'm stuck at an icy mountain with what I assume is the main story boas fight, but I'm getting whooped. I must be close, but then run out of pots and get wiped.

Is there a way to get more finding charms or whatever increases rare den find?

When I finished I think my party was around level 45 and I was a little lower. I was wearing Great Baggi armor, mostly because the Great Baggi in that area were giving me trouble with Sleep, and a fully upgraded Lagi GS.

If you need a little extra boost of power one thing you can do is when you're not playing, send your party on the 1 hour expeditions and set it to "Gain EXP" and over time you can get some monstie levels that way while not actively playing the game.

When I beat it I was using a Brute Tigrex, Uragaan, Ratha, and mostly an 8-gene Ivory Lagi with all the gene slots filled in and as many bingo bonuses as I could get. Spread Shock Breath works wonders for working down an enemy with multiple parts while you focus on healing if your own damage is as pitiful as mine was at that point.

I'm in the post-story part of the game right now and I've been wondering some things.

How long should I expect the game to last before there's nothing left to do? My save file has 60-some hours clocked into it now but I've beaten the Gold offline tournament and Redan's labyrinth and I only finished the main story just a couple days ago. It seems like the Platinum tournament, Tower of Illusion, and unreleased DLC (there's still DLC left, right?) are the only things left now.

Why does the MH Gen tournament give a weapon when its description said we would get armor? Are we still getting Glavenus armor (and Glavenus)?

Is it too late for me to get the bonus costume from having the demo of the game or can I just download the demo and still get the content without restarting the game? Never mind. I just did it and still got the costume.

GeekyDad

Just started. Surprised how well it's running (so far) on my O3DS. It's an impressive overworld for sure. I'm at the very beginning, really. The battle system is fine. It's enjoyable, but I'm particularly happy they kind of retain all of the rummaging elements of the main series. I'm kinda just fooling around right now doing subquests and rummaging for stuff -- haven't even finished all of the tutorials yet. :D

But I am sad there are no options for ranged weapons -- WTF!? I'm typically a bow hunter in the main games, with long sword as my secondary. But I also dabble with both bowguns when I'm bored. Outside of great sword and dual blades, I kind of enjoy playing all of the weapon types from time to time. Really disappointed they don't offer all of the weapons. But realistically, I know it wouldn't really change the actual gameplay much, just the visual presentation.

Top Bottom