• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World (XB1/PS4, PC later, Early 2018) E3 info [Up: Effectively MH5]

crinale

This game pretty much has classic MH gameplay. However, I'm still very curious about how fast you can traverse around an entire map when using shortcuts and the rope. If MHWorld is truly like prior MH games then it should be the kind of experience that can last hundreds of hours and, after putting that amount of time into a MH game you just want to get to the monster ASAP and fight it with little downtime as possible. I'm optimistic though, as features like being able fast travel back to base camp and faster run speed should, in theory, help with getting around quickly in these new seamless environments.

Other than that, I want to know whether or not this game has Arena Quests and, as someone cares about the skill ceiling of MH, if they've kept the same amount of i-frames for the the regular dodge roll and side/back step evades.

There are multiple camps within a single map and you can fast travel between them. Looked like waypoints to me.

This game pretty much has classic MH gameplay. However, I'm still very curious about how fast you can traverse around an entire map when using shortcuts and the rope. If MHWorld is truly like prior MH games then it should be the kind of experience that can last hundreds of hours and, after putting that amount of time into a MH game you just want to get to the monster ASAP and fight it with little downtime as possible. I'm optimistic though, as features like being able fast travel back to base camp and faster run speed should, in theory, help with getting around quickly in these new seamless environments.

Other than that, I want to know whether or not this game has Arena Quests and, as someone cares about the skill ceiling of MH, if they've kept the same amount of i-frames for the the regular dodge roll and side/back step evades.

Dude they were taking their time and using starter weapons and still were able to finish teh quest within the time frame of the demo

I have yet to see anything in this game to be concerned over

Has an item like that existed before? Or am i getting confused with Souls?

That poster is confused. I just rewatched the footage. The LS user's sharpness goes yellow and he starts bouncing, and it stays yellow for the entire rest of the footage.

There's no magic-insta-sharpen item.

But LS spirit combo has never ever bounced.

That poster is confused. I just rewatched the footage. The LS user's sharpness goes yellow and he starts bouncing, and it stays yellow for the entire rest of the footage.

He did use an item around that point though. Not sure what it was so it easily confused me too.

Macrotus

Glad that this only requires PS Plus.
Since this is a game that ill want to play with my friends, ill probably get it on PS4.
And if its really fun, I might even double dip the PC version as well.

I dont think we will have to wait long for youtubers to break down the flood of info and pick apart the gameplay demo

Im very excited for all the deep dives this week

crinale

Was the info about being able to switch to the gibberish language in the stream? There were parts I tuned out at when it wasn't gameplay.

Yes, and afaik this is the first time they mentioned it. They also said you can switch voice of Japanese and gibberish.
I'm assuming you can do the same for English version.

I dont think we will have to wait long for youtubers to break down the flood of info and pick apart the gameplay demo

Im very excited for all the deep dives this week

I'm doing it myself right now. Plus you guys will be able to do it too when this upload is done. Though I just checked back and they didn't make the stream archive private so anyone can just rewatch it through youtube right now.

Still, I'd rather have my own video file for ease.

Defuser

I'm thinking about the monsters chasing you feature..I feel is kinda pointless for vet hunters that want to heal or sharpen, alot of them will find a opening in the monster attack or wait till the monster run away to heal and sharpen.Heck most of them will just continued fighting on the spot and can't be bothered luring a monster to another monster unless you're doing 2 of the same type of monsters quest.

I'm doing it myself right now. Plus you guys will be able to do it too when this upload is done. Though I just checked back and they didn't make the stream archive private so anyone can just rewatch it through youtube right now.

Still, I'd rather have my own video file for ease.

Is the archive still junk quality or is it direct feed?

Nintendo paid for the servers of 3U.
Handheld games never needed subscriptions.
Hence why there was no subscription fee lately.

That's kinda my point. The handheld games only got 'proper online' when 3U dropped and since then haven't needed any fees (Nintendo didn't pay for the 4 or X servers), so I thought it was obvious that Capcom was done with them, that's all.

Ah, I see. Sounds good.

TheOasis

There are multiple camps within a single map and you can fast travel between them. Looked like waypoints to me.

That would alleviate alot of my concerns if this is indeed true.

Dude they were taking their time and using starter weapons and still were able to finish teh quest within the time frame of the demo

I have yet to see anything in this game to be concerned over

We've only barely seen parts of one map. I'm not too concerned but rather still very eager to see how quick traversal can be in these much bigger, seamlessly connected areas. It's a series first after all.

Kyoufu

The UI looks so nice with a lot of quick usage functionality that console versions badly need. I'm glad they've done this.

Vuze

I need me some high bitrate version of this footage. Looks so good, I squealed a bit when I saw the hunter running while consuming items. I knew it was gonna happen but I hadn't seen it yet.

Mupod

I still need to know more about bowguns. I wonder if you will be as severely ammo limited now, it seemed like there was an emphasis on 'cooldown' abilities and rotating between ammo types. But I barely got to see much and a lot of that was in a tiny ass window. It would make sense to reduce the reliance on ammo because then people would just burn their good shots and switch to a different weapon. I know I would.

I don't think they've ever been super forthcoming about monster totals pre-release so I'm not too worried about that yet. But amount of content is the big question right now.

You know what....if they offer good content, I would be fine with a season pass. New monsters, new zones etc would be a great way to keep the game going.

Hm. I'm thinking more of a Destiny kind of rollout of content. Free updates then major expansions. G-rank and all the new armor etc it comes with isn't something that makes sense spread out across smaller DLC launches.

Hopefully they don't go full western AAA with platform exclusive content, pay to win DLC etc. But MH has always done free updates well enough and it's not like 'just buy a new game every year' is a perfect model.

This...

This was fucking incredible

The non-segmented, continuous areas, the extended pursuit between the hunter and the monster, the combat, the dynamic environment!

This really is my dream MoHun game FINALLY come to life (^______^)

Eolz

Let's see how it does in terms of sales now that every old fan is convinced...

A bit disappointed by the graphics not pushing at all the hardware considering the development time (could run on other platforms without any gameplay compromise from what was shown), but the gameplay seemed nice overall, outside of some choices for the lock-on.
Will get the PC version, sad that there'll be no crossplay and that no japanese players will be able to play on PC as well...

Top Bottom