• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

Kindekuma

Banned
Heh while switch gets a port PS4 is going to get a real monster hunter HD game

tenor.gif

Pack it up boys, we have never been playing a real MH game.

Buckle

This will be my first Monster Hunter game. I really enjoyed Freedom Wars on Vita, and I think the gameplay is supposed to be similar, right? Hopefully I like it.
Monster Hunter is the granddaddy of all hunting games (well, the giant beast hunting ones, not the shotgun a deer genre), I haven't played Freedom Wars but I believe its from the same devs that made God Eater which is much more fast paced and loose than Monster Hunter.

Monster Hunter is much more about carefully watching patterns and timing your hits. It can feel sluggish at times compared to other action games but theres a real sense of weight and impact to it thats immensely satisfying.

Definitely recommend if you're a fan of the hunting concept. It delivers in spades.

careksims

So glad I never got this for the 3DS. Just bring this all this and more to the Switch. The 3DS has been dead to me for a while.

ReyVGM

Ok, thats one out of five.

When five games call my atention, I will buy a Switch.

*Laughs*

What makes you think you'll find one once you want it? My suggestion is you buy it as soon as you see one available 'cause you won't find one once the end of the year approaches.

Kouriozan

I still believe MH5 will be Switch + PS4, there is literally no reason for the next to not have a PS4 port.
No dual screen + modern engine would make it easily port-able. (And Capcom said they want to reach a broader audience)

Scoops

Banned
This is going to be good.

Monster Hunter on Switch is going to be a major event in Japan. Probably going to do pretty good in the West as well.

I wasn't familiar with MHX or MHXX but it appears X was well received over here.

AGITΩ

Monster Hunter X -> Monster Hunter Generations

X = Generations

Therefore, Monster Hunter XX = Monster Hunter GenerationsGenerations
Monster Hunter Greater Generations or Generations X

Either way im down. I dropped out of the series after it remained on 3DS, when i had most fun on the Wii U version of Tri. Day 1.

That sounds about right, whats the usual time frame from Japanese release til US release, it came out in March in Japan
MH3U took 1.3 years (got confirmed to be localized after a Wii u port was announced)
MH4U was announced simultaneously for everyone and we got it 4 months after Japan
MHGen took ~7 months

molnizzle

Last game in the series I played was MH3U.

I just can't play a game like this on handhelds. It'll be glorious for it to be back on the TV.

...probably would've preferred MH4 though, but whatever. I'll take what I can get at this point.

sinonobu

Banned
IF Pokemon Stars is also real Switch is going to sell insanely well in Japan this year lol

MK 8DX + Splatoon 2 + MH XX + Pokemon Stars + Mario Odyssey.... lmao

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I still believe MH5 will be Switch + PS4, there is literally no reason for the next to not have a PS4 port.
No dual screen + modern engine would make it easily port-able.

People ridicule this reason, but MH was built on co-op word of mouth.

The brand is so big because you could take it on the go. I have always been a big supporter of that.

Splitting the user base makes no sense in that aspect. You don't build a foundation and then split it in half.

Safros

On one hand, I'm glad that this'll help build up the fanbase, helping to ensure that MH stays on Switch, but on the other hand X and XX are pretty mediocre in comparison to previous games so I'm not sure if this is a game that I'd want to buy. Well, I guess I'll see how it shapes up.

All according to keikaku.

Where are all the people saying MH5 was going to be PS4 + Switch? Still feeling confident about that?

Very confident. I'd advise fanboys not to let this news delude them.

The brand is so big because you could take it on the go. I have always been a big supporter of that.

Splitting the user base makes no sense in that aspect. You don't build a foundation and then split it in half.

This argument has never and will never hold up.

Switch's first year is amazing.

Zelda
Mario Kart
ARMS
Splatoon
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade
Fire Emblem
Mario and Rabbids(Lol)
Maybe Pokemon

Mediking

Japan is about to scream in happiness.

Lol this is really freaking great for everyone.

Now for Pokemon and Smash!!!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So would this be a JP release with a huge tail before the English version? Or is this coming soon because I'm ready to pull the trigger baby!

Kouriozan

The reasooning for Capcom would be like for Square Enix, putting (localizing) their game on PS4 because it just sell too good outside of Japan. (= reaching that broader audience)
But let's wait and see, Capcom might make a special "westernized/casualized" MH specifically for the PS4

jmizzal

MH3U took 1.3 years (got confirmed to be localized after a Wii u port was announced)
MH4U was announced simultaneously for everyone and we got it 4 months after Japan
MHGen took ~7 months

ok I can see this maybe being between 4 and 7 months if its this year in the west

Top Bottom