• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

I was thinking about trying HBG as well, might borrow your plan to try it out myself. Also sign me up for some hunts tonight if you need someone. I barely got to play yesterday and I'm itching to get a few hours in.

I've had to solo a lot of the HR Hub village request stuff yesterday and today so I'm definitely up for some hunts.

Lizardus

Working on a HBG set to charm farm. Think I'm settling on Pierce Up, WE, Crit Boost, CE+2, Attack up (S). Pretty close to the best I can get with current charms (tenderizer +5 OO-). I'll be looking to farm for a few LEDG tonight! And apparently some akantor parts for the set itself.

First time actually playing one of the bow guns... Going to take some research to figure out what ammo types I need and what combines I need for extra of those important ones. I think brave HBG uses slicing shots to build the guage and then whatever pierce ammo you can fire with the gun. I'm planning on using kushala's hbg.

Just a suggestion. For Pierce, I suggest Repeat Offender instead of Weakness exploit because of how Pierce works. It hits multiple times and not all of its hits will be on the >45 hitzone.

With Repeat Offender, your first hit will give you 25% affinity and with Pierce's multiple hits, it would be easy to keep up the max affinity buff of 30%.

Weakness Exploit is better for Normal shots as you can specifically target >45 hitzones and Normal2 hitting only once makes it more efficient.

If you're planning on using Brave HBG, Shot Booster is another decent skill as it makes you not have to reposition as much.

Kysen

I really should look up the English names of skills. I have no idea what you guys are talking about half the time lol.

blackflag

OT has you covered with a few resources, here is another good batch of translated menus. The one you are looking for is the second from the bottom in your box in your house!

Styles:
Guild ギルド
Striker ストライカー
Aerial エリアル
Bushido ブシドー
Brave ブレイヴ
Alchemy レンキン

For arts, I typically use Kiranico to figure out which are which. You won't have them all unlocked at first, obviously, so it's a bit of a hunt initially.

Thank you!

What are good hunting horn sets as I don't really remember from Generations(got to high rank with gaffers and mixed and matched before I finished village) and the Japanese makes it difficult. Up to rank 5 in story mode.

Slots for the maestro gem I'll need to look up the script for tsk.

What are good hunting horn sets as I don't really remember from Generations(got to high rank with gaffers and mixed and matched before I finished village) and the Japanese makes it difficult. Up to rank 5 in story mode.

Slots for the maestro gem I'll need to look up the script for tsk.

In Generations, I went through a majority of low rank village with HH and used a mix set of:

Bnahabra Head
Bone Chest
Ceanataur Arms
Bherna Waist
Bnahabra Legs

The set gave me Razor Sharp and Horn Maestro which was all I needed at the time since HH's buffs can do the rest.

Hybris

Just a suggestion. For Pierce, I suggest Repeat Offender instead of Weakness exploit because of how Pierce works. It hits multiple times and not all of its hits will be on the >45 hitzone.

With Repeat Offender, your first hit will give you 25% affinity and with Pierce's multiple hits, it would be easy to keep up the max affinity buff of 30%.

Weakness Exploit is better for Normal shots as you can specifically target >45 hitzones and Normal2 hitting only once makes it more efficient.

If you're planning on using Brave HBG, Shot Booster is another decent skill as it makes you not have to reposition as much.

I'll see if i can make a comparable set with repeat offender instead of weakness exp. I also considered shot booster, but most of these charm rooms are going to be hame on the brachy so I don't think it will be needed for that case. If I end up liking it I will build a more general purpose set.

I hunted village Lagiacrus, Rathalos, and Urugaan and the rank 6 urgent didn't open. What gives?

Edit: Oh, I guess it's that thing where you have to go and do the non urgent village keys in lower ranks to unlock the four mains and then defeat them. Thought I'd done that later in Gen but my memory gets mixed up.

Just made a G Rank room, everyone taking turns to pick their quest - EDIT: We're already done for now but I might make another room later tonight

PKrockin

Guys, I’m in japan now and I really want to get this. I played a lot of xx and 4u, would I fare ok with not being able to read kanji?
You mean you played a lot of X? If you've played X/Gen you probably won't have all that much trouble with XX. It's just X with more content and more legible text. You can also transfer your save file from X. If you're already used to having Kiranico open while playing, it's just more of that. The most problematic thing is probably looking up armor skills.

Buy it and rise to G rank with me and any other late comers.

I had forgotten about the 16 bullshit village quests you have to do to unlock the legendary 4 ugh.

I would but I don't know how, only hr 2 tho.

Edit: then again hr 5 is much more difficult and I'm probably not armored properly yet. Need to finish Gen story at least. That was the start of high rank and + armor in gen right?

KdylanR92

I would but I don't know how, only hr 2 tho.

Edit: then again hr 5 is much more difficult and I'm probably not armored properly yet. Need to finish Gen story at least. That was the start of high rank and + armor in gen right?

Made a hub for lowrank-high

id: 14-7188-9720-9831
password 1802

PKrockin

Press X for world map.
Select the gathering hall.
Top option for Gathering Hall (online)
First two options are local, last four are related to online in order of: Create hall, search for hall, join from friends list, enter gathering hall ID.

Create gathering hall options are in order of:
Switch/3DS version exclusion (I think)
Gathering hall name
Monster/quest type target
Quest rank
HR min
HR max
Max number of players
Allow players to join who aren't within HR min/max (I think)
Set password
On the second page are four options for messages describing the kind of room you want to run. One to note in particular is the fourth one on the second page starting with フレンド which means "hunting with friends". Other useful ones are on the fourth page, the first option starting with ホスト says "host picks quests", next is 順番 which means turns I believe, and then 同じ which means farming one monster.

One quirk of the online in this game as in other MH games is you might have to try searching for a room to get the game to connect to the internet and start showing your friends' status properly.

Let me know if I fucked anything up, that should all be correct but my Japanese skills are an incredible mishmash from a bunch of different learning methods.

8d1619f1b8db4df101dc33bcb5466f1f--baby-slings-babywearing.jpg

Is Gammoth the worst flagship monster the series has had? So easy and boring to fight, although maybe the hyper versions are better?

Not sure if actually flagship, but he was one of the headlining 4 of Generations.

Doombear

kle0alM.png

Gammoth may be boring to fight but at least he looks cool and isn't an edgelord reskin of Kut-Ku with a few of Rathian's moves thrown in.

Yeah, I can appreciate Gammoth's look and the fact that he is at least a bit different. Kind of a slower, more stompy DuramBro. I also quite like the look of this armor set, but never had any reason to use it. I should Transmog it!

PS. G4 Savage is no joke solo...

KdylanR92

Man regular Diablos feels kinda easy compared to 3U, was kinda nervous having to solo the online urgent one but it turned out to not be that bad.

Hunting Teosta will always be a pain in the ass. The combination of medium to close range attacks, some AoE's, with how quick it can move and string attacks together makes it really tricky to fight. Not to mention constant blast dust and high damage output...

...at least it's theme song is great. :p

Lizardus

kle0alM.png

Gammoth may be boring to fight but at least he looks cool and isn't an edgelord reskin of Kut-Ku with a few of Rathian's moves thrown in.

Shit taste detected :D

I agree. Deadeye Garuga is such an improvement over the regular that HE should become the regular Garuga. Same with Dreadqueen Rathian.

Hunting Teosta will always be a pain in the ass. The combination of medium to close range attacks, some AoE's, with how quick it can move and string attacks together makes it really tricky to fight. Not to mention constant blast dust and high damage output...

...at least it's theme song is great. :p

I find Teo to be very easy because all of his attacks have such a long windup and recovery that you can get lots of hits in if you stay near his hind legs.

Seregios is the worst main monster IMO. There isn't really anything special about it other than bleed status and its gear, and not much of a challenge either. Gammoth isn't a great fight but he's at least pretty cool as a design.

I just want to get to g rank so I can fight the final new monster I spoiled myself on, looks so cool and I used to play with
Mantis
as a kid. And no that doesn't mean I dismembered them for fun or anything fucked up, I just liked to hold them lol.

MegaPanda

Alright, back to this game after a weekend of Gundam Versus. Anyone wanna join me for my HR5 keys?

02-7144-6410-7712

I find Teo to be very easy because all of his attacks have such a long windup and recovery that you can get lots of hits in if you stay near his hind legs.

I should have specified that I'm trying to break the horns as well. And staying near his face (or any monsters face for that matter) always makes things harder than it needs to be. Brave LS is making thing A LOT easier though.

Regarding flagship monsters, I think they're all pretty good because they made me better at the game. Some for better, others for worse. Rathalos and Kushala Daora are more on the 'for worse' end because I didn't get much better at the game from fighting them. They do remind me to bring Flash Bombs, but that's about it.

Top Bottom