• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

I enjoyed the demo, but I'm thinking of skipping MHXX because of my very little knowledge of Japanese. But I'm currently learning Japanese anyway sooo screw it, I think I'm gonna buy MHXX and hopefully learn a little bit more kanji from it along the way

Fuuuuck

Bought it off amazon.jp.

Now I gotta wait for them to verify something. Gimme my damn code!

I need my new SD card to come, ~10gigs is not something I have room for, haha.

DIC4MgEVYAE70RP.jpg:large

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I enjoyed the demo, but I'm thinking of skipping MHXX because of my very little knowledge of Japanese. But I'm currently learning Japanese anyway sooo screw it, I think I'm gonna buy MHXX and hopefully learn a little bit more kanji from it along the way

Do it. No better way to learn than to have actual contact with the language out in the wild.

Strings

Man, this looks especially awful docked. Not that I'll be playing like that 90% of the time, but still, feels worse than the Wii U releases.

Rmagnus

Banned
It's coming on Monday! Not gonna double dip even if there's a north American version. I wonder if they ever do a NA version will the west even be bothered with MHW coming

sungahymn

Neo Member
This has nothing to do with anything, but I literally just found out about the 007 movie "The World is Not Enough" for the first time seconds before opening GAF and seeing this forum.

membran

Bought it off amazon.jp.
Now I gotta wait for them to verify something. Gimme my damn code!

Had the same yesterday. Took about two hours until verification went through. Note that they didn't send me an email that it had succeeded, I checked the purchase history periodically and saw that the status went from pending to sold. You get the code directly off the amazon website, not via email.

Amalthea

Banned
Might be a stupid question but...

Can you transfer the saves from Generations to the Japanese version of XX too or is save transfer region locked?

membran

Might be a stupid question but...

Can you transfer the saves from Generations to the Japanese version of XX too or is save transfer region locked?

It appears to be possible if you're willing to read a lot of guides, take some risks and put custom firmware on your 3DS.

Fistwell

My physical copy shipped out this morning 2am Euro-time, expected to be here somewhere between the 26th and 30th.

°____°'

(reeeeeeeeally hoping for the 26th)

EU Gaffer here. I'm really interested in the game but my jap knowledge is zero... Super hyped tho, I'm downloading the demo from my jap account to test if the language barrier is bearable

Wehrwolf

Got an email from PlayAsia saying it's shipped! I'm hyyyype!
For the record I don't speak or read Japanese but I've been known to import for the love of the franchise.

Play-asia must like you better than me, they haven't shipped mine yet.

Start of a short vacation from work for me today... REALLY hard not to just download the digital version, but considering I already paid for the physical one, too much a waste of money...

Maybe I should just buy digital and sell the physical one for $40 or something once I get it.

Mazzo3

Translating the village chief's and room service cat's dialogues took a while but it's totally manageable. It kinda feels like when I was playing Final Fantasy VIII and learning english at the same time. I'm saving the game for now, though xD

ggx2ac

Amazon jp won't let me buy the download code cos I'm in the UK. Help me gaf.

This could be any number of reasons.

1) You have to use a separate JP account for Amazon.

2) You have to use a Japanese address.

You should be fine after doing the above.

Hybris

In that case I'm out. The awkward placement of those buttons makes handheld mode impossible to use. What were they thinking? Geez

I agree, it was jarring at first, and I found it uncomfortable for a while playing the demo. I think my hands have adjusted now. Just hope long play sessions don't give me hand cramps now.

Pila

Nooooo Pila, we needs yoo! 8O

So sweet :) thanks.

Here's my story: I bought Generation day one, I played like 40 hours.

Friend was in need of a 3DS and I gave him mine. I told him to be careful, he was like "sure, you don't worry dawg". When I had the thing back, my MHGEN save was gone.

Yay.

I started that thing again, because it's MH. You know what it means, going back to freaking mushrooms collectathon.

Then the worst timeline happened, and now here we are. I'm not playing the game with the usual ten wikis, this time with a heavy language barrier on top of that. I can't start the game again for the THIRD time. It's just too much.

A few years ago, I had more time for gaming and whatever hobbies, I could do that. Now, I can't. It sucks, I love this thing, but you know... notlikethis.gif

(also salty at the idea of paying Capcom for this game they refuse to localize. Fuck off, they don't deserve shit)

I just hope that MHWorld ends up being good, it's all I have at this point. Love you guys, we'll meet again, someday. :'(

Hmmm... read the save transfer process for MHGen to MHXX. Doesn't seem too bad, but I saw there is a patch to make the 3DS MHXX have english UI. It's very tempting to maybe just stay on 3DS to play with english UI or go to Switch version for HD glory.

Lizardus

Hmmm... read the save transfer process for MHGen to MHXX. Doesn't seem too bad, but I saw there is a patch to make the 3DS MHXX have english UI. It's very tempting to maybe just stay on 3DS to play with english UI or go to Switch version for HD glory.

Data transfer is possible between the two so hunt in HD and make equipment on 3DS.

blado

The audio quality on the switch compared to the 3ds is so much better. Not sure if the audio is less compressed, or if it just sounds better when not coming from 3ds speakers. I assume it's probably both.

Boogiepop

Any chance the save transfer works from English Generations to Japanese XX? Didn't get too far so it wouldn't be a huge deal if not, but it'd be nice...

I'm finding it really difficult to play Generations on the 3DS having seen so much of World and having tried XX on the Switch. So close to caving, even if it means having to start over from scratch...someone....talk me out of it. Pls.

Kinsei

Banned
I hope everyone that's imported is enjoying it. Sadly I probably won't get around to playing it for a couple of months due to other games like Yakuza Kiwami.

I'm finding it really difficult to play Generations on the 3DS having seen so much of World and having tried XX on the Switch. So close to caving, even if it means having to start over from scratch...someone....talk me out of it. Pls.

Do it.

Kyoufu

I'm glad they at least overhauled the UI in World for item shortcuts and stuff like that. This game on Switch feels like a downgrade in that department because no attempt was made to make up for the loss of the 2nd screen. It's not a huge deal but if you're used to the quick shortcuts on 3DS you'll be sad about it when playing the Switch version.

OmegaFax

From what I understand, there's a fairly complete English fan translation of the 3DS version. Coupled with the Japanese save transfer app, it's possible to transfer save data between the Japanese Switch release and the fan translated 3DS game. It could ease some of the language hurdles/help understand what you're doing if you prefer playing the game on a TV.

Meesh

I'm glad they at least overhauled the UI in World for item shortcuts and stuff like that. This game on Switch feels like a downgrade in that department because no attempt was made to make up for the loss of the 2nd screen. It's not a huge deal but if you're used to the quick shortcuts on 3DS you'll be sad about it when playing the Switch version.
I don't think this will bug me, I just adapt and enjoy the ride 😊

Top Bottom