• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon Samurai (futuristic pixel art action adventure) - Official Kickstart Trailer (F

RedC

3e00550f868c0dbab39dd675c8cc998a_original.gif
482642fc83528ee21f1d7244ed80906f_original.gif
9ceb1215928931a7880000cc118f3f5f_original.gif
782c334296844eb3797263840e0b7a9e_original.gif
878c4c6ddabe17254586f53b613a5dc1_original.gif
4041bc64f7a3b3b0eff591b226659691_original.gif
7599afb25d9fba525f8e4782045379ea_original.gif
fee381feca8be4db4f05e17eae5d4998_original.gif

I thought this indie game looked cool and it looks like it needs help getting the message out if it's going to get funded.

Last edited:

Pejo

Cool concept but the combat seems like it's doing too much at once. I don't believe that it's truly playable that way, probably just choreographed and animated. There were dodges, parries, weapons, flashy sidesteps, rolling over an enemy's back, several weapons, non-static combos. Seems suspicious.

The only way I could see that working is if they do some pseudo Arkham free flow combat system where there's a "do cool combo" button, a "dodge things in cool ways" button, and so on.

Toots

Gold Member
Cool concept but the combat seems like it's doing too much at once. I don't believe that it's truly playable that way, probably just choreographed and animated. There were dodges, parries, weapons, flashy sidesteps, rolling over an enemy's back, several weapons, non-static combos. Seems suspicious.
Seems suspicious alright but this remind me of one game was full of contextual animation all the way back in 1991 : Moonstone a hard day's knight
I don't know why (maybe the moon connexion) this game remind me of this oldie.
So my bet is, gameplay is going to be extremely hard in the sense that you'll have huge learning curve in order to be competent at it (knowing what animation plays at which distance, type of stuff), and it won't do very good because of that.

Pejo

Seems suspicious alright but this remind me of one game was full of contextual animation all the way back in 1991 : Moonstone a hard day's knight
I don't know why (maybe the moon connexion) this game remind me of this oldie.
So my bet is, gameplay is going to be extremely hard in the sense that you'll have huge learning curve in order to be competent at it (knowing what animation plays at which distance, type of stuff), and it won't do very good because of that.
I'm not against a deep combat system that takes a lot of effort to learn and master. I did play 15+ hours of Resonance of Fate before shelving it, after all. I just think this video is meant to be a "pie in the sky" type thing of cool stuff they would do with the game if it gets funded. Unfortunately I don't buy into that type of thing after getting burned several times on kickstarter and seeing people mismanage funds and sometimes the games not ever coming out because of it. It does make a cool looking trailer though.

Toots

Gold Member
I'm not against a deep combat system that takes a lot of effort to learn and master. I did play 15+ hours of Resonance of Fate before shelving it, after all. I just think this video is meant to be a "pie in the sky" type thing of cool stuff they would do with the game if it gets funded. Unfortunately I don't buy into that type of thing after getting burned several times on kickstarter and seeing people mismanage funds and sometimes the games not ever coming out because of it. It does make a cool looking trailer though.
You're right, remind me of the famous Chirac quote : "Promises only bind those who believe in them"
m8gQ9OF.jpeg

Yonyx

That trailer looks awesome! Definitely a day one purchase if it ever launches.

I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Replaced or The Last Night (haven't heard anything about them in a long time).

Unfortunately, only $7500 funded :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom