• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More clues of GTA V PC in iFruit companion app.

playing on ps3 and the game looks like shit on my new tv. it's still a technical marvel, but i've been playing Bioshock Infinite 1080p 60fps on a 50in lately. one doesn't simply go back to last gen 720p open world games.

No Love

Banned
Guys. PC GTA V going to happen. It's blindingly obvious. Why would R* go through the trouble of building that world and then limiting their vision to exist at 720p at sub 30 FPS?

They released the PS3 and 360 versions first so the console gamers and impatient PC gamers would buy them. Then everyone will double dip once the PC version comes out to enjoy the game with proper image quality, resolution, and frame rate.

Yup. And it worked. I got the PS3 version and will get the PC version day 1 too LOL.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Don't you want my money, Rockstar?
Not yet they said, not yet. They'll take your money within the next six months hopefully and mine as well.

Edit:
Kind of feels like they're trying to trick people into double dipping.
No feels, that's the reality of it. The PC version has been ready no doubt. I ain't double dipping shit, just patiently waiting. Also messed up that they didn't release PC version along with console versions.

StMeph

Hasn't this been the case with GTA IV?

A PC version is coming, but for whatever reason they don't announce it until much later. Maybe it's contractual, or something.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Not really a trick when it's in plainsight.

Yep, it's something they've always done and I knew full well when buying the PS3 version as well. I don't double dip often anyway but I gladly will for this, loving it so far :)

Every main GTA game has been released on PC, and Rockstar has never denied that they're developing for that platform. I'm not sure who they're "tricking" here.

calder

Someone was able to log in to iFruit? Impressive. /sarcasm

Fix it already R*, I want to train Chop. Alternate crack: unpacking the app on PC is the closest thing to functionality we've seen in days!

GetemMa

I would double dip.

I really like the game so far but the frame rate dropping is all too common during high action sequences.

You expected honest reviews when it comes to FPS?

I guess smooth could mean consistent framerate, even if the actual average framerate is butt.

butt it's not really an issue. my first playtrhough of gta4 was at like ~24fps on pc due to how god awful that port was.

GetemMa

I guess smooth could mean consistent framerate, even if the actual average framerate is butt.

butt it's not really an issue. my first playtrhough of gta4 was at like ~24fps on pc due to how god awful that port was.

I was just about to edit my last post to address this.

I fear that if they rush out a PC version, it will be poorly optimized and run like dog shit like GTA IV.

Kadayi

Banned
Make of that what you will, personally I think the success of RDR caught them by surprise. It doesn't help that the game was primarily develop by Rockstar San Diego which does not have a history of it's games being ported to the PC. I think it is just a case of "Rockstar not believing that for RDR on the PC would be commercially viable".

Indeed. I don't think they expected it to be that successful and a PC version was never even considered at the time. Subsequently they made a title that was optimized for 2 hardware skews only, but would be a nightmare getting optimized for the minefield of Processors, GPU & Resolutions that constitute a PC version. Given GTA IV got pretty savaged in terms of how it ran when it was released on PC they probably weighed up their options and decided it wasn't worth running the risk of shipping an other substandard port and then damning themselves to the PC crowd again. Real pity tbh, but they probably weighed up the costs as well. Plus also it would mean tying up a studio, for a few months that could be working on new projects instead.

Personally quite optimistic about GTA V ported to PC because MP3 ran like a dream tbh.

DangerStepp

Because RDR went through a hell of a development and R* were eager to finally end its production.

GTA V PC for Christmas... it would be so awesome!
You don't even know how hard I'm banking on this.

It would be the perfect Christmas holiday game.

So here's the scene: you're sitting around in your robe while on vacation, the air is crisp and cold, everyone is in bed and you're up until the wee hours of the morning sipping whiskey and wheeling around Los Santos.

Unsurprising, but why did a PC RDR never happen?

Because, from the sound of things, the game's code was barley held together by duct tape and super glue. Probably would've been too much of headache to clean up the mess and produce something that is half releasable.

Jtrizzy

yeah I'm enjoying the ps3 version, but it looks pretty rough coming from playing 1080p60 games for the last few years on PC.

iNvid02

ready to go for another dip

gtavdive1_by_xbulletz-d6mknma.gif

Grief.exe

I'm curious... why hide the PC version? Just say it's coming and it will be out later. We will still buy the goddamn game.

Get more people who will pick up the game now and then purchase it again later.

They are going to wait a couple months, once the initial sales start to flat line, and then announce the PC version.

was there seriously any doubt this was NOT coming to PC?

not sure if the young people ever did their homework, but all the major iterations of GTA made it's way to PC in about 4-6 months after console launch.

cdkee

Banned
We already knew it was coming to PC, that much is obvious.

Whether or not they'll release a PS4/XB1 version is the real question. I hope they do. The architecture is similar right? So it shouldn't be too hard to scale...if only just a little AA here and there and better FPS..R* plz I guarantee you a double dip.

pixlexic

Banned
It should be pretty clear that they are holding back the PC version for some marketing reason. Either they got paid to do so or they made manufacturing / marketing deals with the console companies.

Why announce or release a PC version during launch of the game if you know there are fools out there who will pay you twice for the same game? They are literally charging suckers out there $120 for their game.

Ploid 3.0

Come on guys, we knew since the game was announced that it would be on PC. Don't believe the console gamers that bring up RDR as reasons Rockstar wouldn't bring it to PC. They just wanted their time to shine, or whatever. Oh and some wanted to punish PC gamers for some reason.

Saty

Because we have no idea how big or small double dipping is among gamers. It's more reasonable it's a very small segment of people which would be eclipsed by people who will only buy the PC version on launch.

I'm sure they're not crying themselves to sleep over my missed sale, but I would have bought a PC/next-gen version, at launch, if there was any official information in regard to other skus. As it is, I am not-so-patiently waiting for it to arrive from gamefly. If it eventually releases on other platforms I'll probably pick it up when on sale.

Nethaniah

Do we even know if the PC version will have AA, gta 4 didn't and if I remember correctly you had to try pretty hard to inject AA into it.

Or downsample, either way we'll get that AA.

I just hope R* keeps the traffic density option, would be a shame to see it go.

scitek

Personally quite optimistic about GTA V ported to PC because MP3 ran like a dream tbh.

I don't know how anyone can really doubt GTA V's coming to PC after the extra work they put into Max Payne 3. DX11 features, optimization, etc.

Yea, though considering how much of a resource hog that game was despite its relatively small size in comparison to GTA V I wouldn't be shocked if we see an extremely demanding port.

You mean size as in scope, right? Cuz MP3 was 30GB lol

Top Bottom