• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More fuel for the Diablo 3 on consoles fire (Job posting)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
but how could you play this game on consoles? i don't get it...

That's scheduled to be implemented, too.
ETA is when hell freezes over because Sony and Microsoft are tremendous assholes about this.

didn't someone from Criterion or EA mention that they wanted Burnout Paradise to be cross platform and Sony said yes, but MS said no?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Joke post?

Nope.

I'm primarily a console gamer these days but I was huge into Diablo, just don't get how the controls would work on a gamepad (even though gamepad is always my preference).

Just a question.

Phenomic

You know I think I'm going to wait and not get Diablo 3 for PC... This is probably not what Blizzard wants to hear, but honestly I don't have the time to pour a game like this I need to anymore. Save me the 700-800 dollar upgrade for a while longer and wait to see them play their hand.

As much as I want this game I'm going to try and resist building a machine around it because it does seem clear they are doing something.

Very good, and direct player control is a very pleasing fit with the genre.

I'd say it breaks down somewhat when using any kind of ranged attack; I'd call controller play functional, but not ideal.

Edit: it might be fair to say that the right approach to mapping control to a controller could resolve the issue; I could see treating movement and attack the same way that a 2d twin-stick shooter like Geometry Wars does working really well at least in theory.

StuBurns

Banned
I'd say it breaks down somewhat when using any kind of ranged attack; I'd call controller play functional, but not ideal.

It's certainly going to vary depending on play style, but I think it gives a more tactile feel, and for someone who isn't going to be playing it at any high level difficulties, I'd rather have that sense of control despite the input disadvantages.

However, I've never played Diablo, Torchlight is really my experience with the genre, and for that, I prefer the 360 version quite a bit. Although the performance was pretty assy. Not that Blizzard would ship a console game like that.

duckroll

but how could you play this game on consoles? i don't get it...

I don't see the problem. I've played a ton of the Diablo 3 beta, and it's easier than ever to port this game to consoles without much usability being lost. So many things are totally automated in the game now it's practically half way a console game!

I don't see the problem. I've played a ton of the Diablo 3 beta, and it's easier than ever to port this game to consoles without much usability being lost. So many things are totally automated in the game now it's practically half way a console game!

As a Diablo 2 vet with thousands of hours poured in, that sounds like pure trash. :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
e3 2012 - release date announcement for pc and consoles. release some time in fall 2012. including wii u.

Not too sure about Wii U. I don't think Blizzard expect that kind of audience for the console. The controller would be perfect for it, though.

Orayn

Not too sure about Wii U. I don't think Blizzard expect that kind of audience for the console. The controller would be perfect for it, though.

They could go back to the originally planned aesthetic of unicorns, cotton candy, rainbows, and happy smiling suns. That must be what Blizzard meant when they said the console version would be tailored to its platform and not just a straight port. :p

royalan

Which is why it would be so great. There would be no better way for Nintendo to send the message that they're serious about attracting hardcore gamers than by getting Blizzard's support with their biggest upcoming game. Besides, no gamer would be able to deny that the Wii U controller would make it the superior console version.

And now, I'm going to stop hoping for this...lest I have my hopes dashed...;_;

Top Bottom