• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morrigan and Captain America join Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Yeeees Morrigan, I mean it was expected but still appreciated.
Though if Darkstalkers gets more characters I hope they mix it up.

Hallowed

I love the Marvel vs Capcom series but had to skip MvC3 because the art style was just so bland to me.

This though? This looks so good, I can't wait!

Dremark

Banned
I just really like CapCom's design. Please let him be in. I would love to see his Captain SwoRDDDDOOOOOOOOOOO! In 3d FINALLY!

latest

Please everyone! Lend him your energy! Capcom needs to put him in!

I would like to see him, but I figure if they were going to put him in they'd be revealing him with Captain America.

Darkstalkers live forever, haters! Ahah

Technically you only have 1 Darkstalker.

Cepheus

Does she have a Scottish accent in this game? I couldn't quite make out the accent over the in-game sound effects and stuff. It would be nice if she did.

Also, it'd be nice if we got Talbain or some of the other Darkstalkers men in the game this time too. The roster in the DS games are pretty much a 50/50 sex split, but the men never get featured in anything for some reason.

Does she have a Scottish accent in this game? I couldn't quite make out the accent over the in-game sound effects and stuff. It would be nice if she did.

Also, it'd be nice if we got Talbain or some of the other Darkstalkers men in the game this time too. The roster in the DS games are pretty much a 50/50 sex split, but the men never get featured in anything for some reason.
If Hsien-Ko isn't coming back then I hope they take the opportunity to replace her and Felicia with new first timers to the versus series. Jedah, Phobos, Lord Raptor, BB Hood and Donovan are all great candidates. The male Darkstalkers in particular could use some love already.

If Hsien-Ko isn't coming back then I hope they take the opportunity to replace her and Felicia with new first timers to the versus series. Jedah, Phobos, Lord Raptor, BB Hood and Donovan are all great candidates. The male Darkstalkers in particular could use some love already.
Felicia will be there for sure, if only for the story mode. If there's a larger focus on story this time around I don't think they can leave out her trying to sing sometimes.

Narroo

With less animation frames on average.

Not always a bad thing for a 2D fighter. Skipping frames is a tied and true way to improve certain types of quick animations. I think one of the Skullgirls animators discussed this is a keynote once. Somewhere on youtube.

God, I'd love to have BB Hood back

Sheroking

For real. I really don't like it. The animations don't look great either. Got some weird Netherealm like jank to them.

This is going to happen in every new fighting game thread, isn't it?

Go check out the SFxT and SFV reveal footage. The visual stuff is going to change quite a bit in the upcoming months.

I dunno what people are seeing with the animations, they're the MVC3 animations for better or for worse for now and those were fine last I checked.

Chev

GG Xrd released by 2010?
Nothing Xrd did was crazy tech even by the standards of 2010, and Arcsys has less dev resources than Capcom. They just decided that no, modeling and animating those things wasn't too much work.

With less animation frames on average.
The keyframe counts are actually pretty similar. They merely don't let the engine interpolate animations.

Mista Koo

So far the cast has more in common with MvC2 and MvC1 than MvC3
Iron Man wasn't in 1, and X wasn't in 1 nor 2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm all for Morrigan but can we also get a couple of more Darkstalker characters in this game? Demitri?
This. I'd take anyone not named Felicia.

Anyway, Morrigan is to Darkstalkers as Akuma is to Street Fighter in crossover games. She's the main crossover character they use.
So more like Ryu or Chun-Li :p?

Loona

Yea, Jedah is not happening. Jon and Lord Raptor are strong bets tho.

No way Raptor's transforming chainsaw legs and basketball transformation would make it. Talbain might be less of an issue though - if they entirely skip his human transformations in his intro and victory animation.

I need this in a fighting game:

Fighting_Evolution__JEDAH_by_UdonCrew.jpg

It's called Project X Zone.

I would like to see him, but I figure if they were going to put him in they'd be revealing him with Captain America.

I could imagine them matching Captain Commando with a Rocket+Groot composite character, since the Captain also tends to bring in an entourage for a handful of moves.

Captain Marvel's mask appearing is HYPE

That thing looks ugly to me, but wouldn't it make more sense for her to put it on when blocking instead of attacking?...

Speaking of Captains, I wonder if the devs feel like introducing some confusion between Capcom's and Marvel's Falcons:

Falcon.jpg

(but seriously, just toss in Gene and Kamala)

PSqueak

Banned
Falcon armor is from X5. Fourth Armor is fro. X4.

It's a reasonable mistake, both armors appear in X5 and Fourth Armor is your default, so i can see how the mistake was made.

Speaking of Captains, I wonder if the devs feel like introducing some confusion between Capcom's and Marvel's Falcons:

Falcon.jpg

(but seriously, just toss in Gene and Kamala)

They could go the Phoenix Wright route and people would call him Edward.

That or they could go to his Japanese name "Fokker".

Piers

Not feeling that art style man. Game is still early in development so I hope visuals get much better.

KOF 14's recent patch did improve the lighting a fair bit. Maybe something similar might occur here.
But in general, visuals tend to get locked down early on. Even with various early access games, the graphics change very little over time.

Like, what you hope will be improved may unfortunately just be poor choice in art direction. Ken's hair.

Cepheus

I agree entirely. Donovan should really be in the game since he's one of the main main characters of the Darkstalkers series. And going by what happened with the re-releases, maybe if enough 'pro players' play as Darkstalkers characters in tournaments we'll get DS4.

Rlan

It's a reasonable mistake, both armors appear in X5 and Fourth Armor is your default, so i can see how the mistake was made.

They could go the Phoenix Wright route and people would call him Edward.

That or they could go to his Japanese name "Fokker".

I'd be keen to see how Power Stone Falcon would work in a 2D fighter. Does he throw chairs and items at people? Does he collect his own Power Stones to transform into his Robot version? Or are they just his Supers?

Loona

Huh? I didn't know that Project x Zone was a fighting game. The more you know.
/s

The Capcom crossover fighters usually fail to deliver on the story weight some character interactions would ideally have - PXZ1 wasn't perfect about this, but it did something with it, considering it's probably not allowed to mess with Capcom's stories too much.

What can I say, for me part of the charm of crossover fighting games is seeing interesting character interactions, not just how they match up against each other gameplay-wise,

I guess I like that the PXZ/Namco X Capcom did things with Capcom characters that Capcom never bothered with, like take a little detail from the Capcom Commando flyer and use that to justify adding Final Fight's guy to the Capcom Commando team and have him join their supers, or have teacher Hideo Shimazu from Rival Schools join Ryu and Ken for a Triple Shoryuken super.

I'd be keen to see how Power Stone Falcon would work in a 2D fighter. Does he throw chairs and items at people? Does he collect his own Power Stones to transform into his Robot version? Or are they just his Supers?

Him getting to play with Marvel's own power stones could be a fun little detail.

Chev

Every time I've seen a dev talk about Xrd they always regard it as some crazy wizard shit
The care and hard work they put into it are crazy. The tech is bog standard UE3 apart from one specific customization (non-uniform scaling, allowing for squash'n'stretch, which is nothing new either, merely wasn't supported by UE3). It's simply that all that extra stuff the likes of Capcom think is too much work to model, well, they modeled it.

Piers

And most importantly, does he do an OP dive kick?
Bonus points if the commentator suddenly yells "Oh no!!" when it connects.

Top Bottom