• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 Halloween Fatality Costs $10 and the Community Is Pushing Back

Spyxos

Gold Member
We have skins in games like leagud of legends coasting 30 bucks that's half of a fullprice game for a skin. Don't get me started on the market system of valve games which can be have skins sold in the hundreds. I absolutely despite mtx but gamers have such a weird way of selective shitstorming games.
Lol is free same with Dota 2 and Cs . Mortal Kombat is not. Nobody is expecting free skins in a f2p game.

Shit like this makes me glad my interest in fighting games peaked in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I bought SF6, first fighting game I've bought in literal generations, and was immediately turned off by the online store, especially when they had that TMNT crossover where skins were like $15 and someone had tallied all the content to cost over $100. I had considered MK1 but I remember people complaining about the aggressive store in MK11 and that killed my interest.

I suppose I've reached an old-man-shakes-fist-at-cloud point where if I really feel like playing a fighting game, I'll just boot up an old fighter from the 90s or 2000s.
Same here, it peaked for me with Tekken 3 and Soul Calibur. Did go back for Tekken 5 which was great but the genres has become like sports games at this point which I also stopped playing in the early 2000s. I have also stopped playing online shooters. I wonder if there is something linking all these genres these days......

Fabieter

Lol is free same with Dota 2 and Cs . Mortal Kombat is not. Nobody is expecting free skins in a f2p game.

I knew someone would argue with that. Ofc they have to make money somehow but their pricing should have a fucking limit.

Look those aaa fullprice games are super expensive compared to most of those f2p games but ain't allowed to make any extra money. If I buy like 2 expensive skins than I already paid as much as a fullprice games. The pricing of those f2p games are horrendous but are generally accepted.

Don't get me wrong like I said I dislike both but it's weird to not selective hate some games on those topics.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Im most definitely not paying for this shit. It's the new horse armor.

As far as skin mods, i need to find out how to install them. Hopefully i won't get banned.

Top Bottom