• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies you've seen a disturbing number of times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrizzy

I stop counting at 30, but anything over 20 is acceptable.

Ghostbusters
Guardians of the Galaxy
Caddyshack
Ironman
Star Wars original trilogy

JB1981

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Gladiator
The Matrix
Terminator
Alien
Aliens
Rocky
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones
Back to the Future
Star Trek
Terminator
Terminator 2

I'll add more later as I think of them

I used to be able to recite the entire script of the original Transformers movie (from 1986) including humming the score between dialogue. So probably that.

It's a great movie!

DARE!

Syder

I had the LOTR Trilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, the first 2 Terminator films, the Alien Quadrilogy and the Star Wars OT & PT on repeat for like 5 years of my life. We weren't wealthy so I had a fairly limited amount of games/DVDs to play & watch.

I kind of regret watching them that much because I just can't really enjoy them anymore now.

adamy

Banned
Demolition_man.jpg

05e502388c3fe2db18b3844e97ea5f38.jpg

Terminator 1 and 2
Gladiator
Predator
Independence Day
Troy
Star Wars franchise
Back to the future trilogy
The Godfather I and II
Scarface
The Goodfellas
Jurassic Park
Spiderman
The green mile
Saving Private Ryan
Home Alone I and II
Aliens
The Fast and the Furious
Grease
Hercules

All of them at least 30 times each I'm not kidding

Anung

Un Rama
The Thing, Tremors, Dawn of the Dead '78 and Die Hard.

Hundreds of times. Maybe a thousand for some of them.

Die Hard, Airplane!, and The Rock. Will never tire of this trio of greatness.

Edit: Mad Max Fury Road will approach these levels some day soon. Only at 8 viewings.

Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi (but less than the first two)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man
Toy Story
A Bug's Life (when I was a kid)
Monsters, Inc. (Kid again)
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Mugy

Back to the future (all of them)
The Dark Knight Returns (the animated two parts movie)
The damned United
Predator
Interstellar
The Avengers
Rocky (all)
Redline
The Exorcist

I destroyed my VHS of Mad Max as a kid. I've seen that opening chase scene about 200 times at least. The full movie? Maybe 10 times.

I don't really rewatch films anymore but I've seen Dredd three or four times already and I'm feeling the urge again. Such a perfect action film.

Gulz1992

Spider-Man 1 and 2, X-Men 1 - 3, and Star Wars (both trilogies). I can't count how many times I've seen those movies since I was a kid.

joe1138

Star Wars (I-VI)
Stop Making Sense
24 Hour Party People
The Dark Knight
Goodfellas

Know these films like the back of my hand and still enjoy watching them when I have some time.

Whenever any us kids are home my mum gets nostalgic and puts one of the Harry Potter's on.

I also make sure to catch Con Air whenever it's on TV.

A friend of mine that I lived with when I was a teenager loved Scarface. After the 20th time I grew to hate that movie, and hope I never see it again.

Regginator

20+??? I don't think I've seen anything that much. My all-time favourite is The Godfather, and I think I watched that "only" around 10 times.

Home Alone, too, though for a completely different reason. It's kinda a holiday tradition here at home, we watch the first one every year.

finley83

Banned
I got Naked Gun 2 1/2 on tape for my 8th birthday. I watched it over and over again and could probably wrote the whole script from memory if I tried. Watched the first one a load too but the second had the bit where Frank punches Barbara Bush in the face over and over so that got more viewings.

Also I got True Lies (again, VHS) When I was 12 and watched at least 30 times. Probably my favourite film ever even though it is hugely flawed. Finally got the uncensored DVD a few years back and it was weird seeing all the little 1-2 second bits that I never knew existed back in there.

Die Hard with a Vengeance is a funny one, because I watched the censored UK version so many times that seeing the proper version doesn't feel right now. Something about the way Harlem guy shouts "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" at McClane's sandwich board is quite endearing really.

Daffy Duck

Back To The Future trilogy
Indiana Jones trilogy
Aliens
Terminator 2
Ace Ventura
Transformers trilogy
Fast and Furious 1 and 2

Schlorgan

Star Wars trilogy and Back to the Future if we're taking about lifetime. You could throw Star Trek II and IV in there too.

In theaters I saw The Dark Knight and Star Trek Beyond six times and The Force Awakens five times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom