• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

FFChris

Duck said:
The vehicle stuff in Banjo looks excellent, but I hope the game is, like, Banjo 3 with Vehicles and not Lego Banjo. I would like some platforming.

Hopefully there will be progression, like you start off with no vehicle parts at all, and you have to platform to get all the basic flying/driving parts.

Edit: Where is the Ninja Blade announcement?

Sykra

Gears2 and new VP look awesome but banjo doesn't, maybe it's too early to judge. Disappointing about no local co-op in Too Human.

Gowans

CPaladino said:
Out of curiosity, do you guys dig the video press releases more than the written ones?

I can nitpick all the little things that annoy me in the video (my evil/maniacle finger pyramid for example), but is the idea of a 2 minute video w/ footage more compelling than text with a cheezy intro punchline?

I can see it as a nice and worth while addition (and also for Inside Xbox) but the text works fine. When I'm browsing stuff at work I have no speakers.

Nicely done tho but we already knew all that.

just read the Penny Arcade Adventures review in this months Edge 4/10 owch!

Errr... what have they done to Banjo? :(

That trailer does not make me want the game. Blowing up Mario's head feels both arrogant and pretentious. The music is just the classic Banjo riff looping over and over, and it got annoying very fast.

It seems like they played too much of Kingdom Hearts and just stole its Gummi ship construction idea, which I don't know anyone actually enjoyed to begin with. It also looks like they basically wanted this to be a mix of Jak and Ratchet drenched in Banjo. Ugh.

Fuck you, Rare! Do not want!

witness

No 4 player online for Too Human? If thats the case then the bio engineer is just not important for getting through the game, healing must not be important like in PSO.

Banjo? Really? That horrible music in the trailer was the first problem, second was where the hell was the platforming? Seems to be a really small part of the game, the sense of speed in the vehicles looked slow as hell, and blowing up mario at the end? I'm sorry Rare but your game will never replace mario or be as amazing as mario galaxy.

DuckRacer

CPaladino said:
Out of curiosity, do you guys dig the video press releases more than the written ones?

I can nitpick all the little things that annoy me in the video (my evil/maniacle finger pyramid for example), but is the idea of a 2 minute video w/ footage more compelling than text with a cheezy intro punchline?
I personally prefer the video PR (early footage of games > no footage of games).

PhatSaqs

Banned
witness said:
No 4 player online for Too Human? If thats the case then the bio engineer is just not important for getting through the game, healing must not be important like in PSO.
WHAT!? No 4 player online?

hiryu

batbeg said:
I've lost any interest in Too Human now. I only cared if there was local co-op, and no local co-op = no sale :-\

No shit. No local co-op is annoying. This is becoming a very annoying trend. What would Shakespeare think?

GhaleonEB

artredis1980 said:
Holy shit!!

1560_0003.jpg
Holy SHIT that looks amazing. It's from the trailer, obviously, but hot damn.

Also, it looks there are PLENTY of platforming elements in Banjo as seen in that video. Bosses, building shit, etc.

How is a vehicle you build any different than a Bee Suit?

DuckRacer

beermonkey@tehbias said:
The 2008 360 exclusive lineup is so much better than 2007, load apparently not blown last year after all.
Last year had Crackdown and Mass Effect and PGR4. I disagree.

This year is almost, almost on par though, and is far better than I'd imagine it'd be.

Proelite said:
For the press, which means there will be lengthier videos of Gears 2. The same level as the trailer but uncut. :D

There going to do a live demo of one of the levels in Gears 2, be on the look out for direct feed from that.

Kildace

BenjaminBirdie said:
Disrespectful?

Really?

I don't like Mario that much but I still thought that it was a bit unnecessary and arrogant. I wouldn't have included it in my game's first trailer.

GrayFoxPL

batbeg said:

Mario got his head blown off clean!

Da bitch be trippin'!

The whole lego part made my "child sense" tingle! *

I wonder what can you build with this system...

/loses himself in imagination world

Not in pedo way, you pricks! :p

Now the Ninja stuff please.

NeXuSDK

I don't get all the Banjo hating. I understand people have different taste in game, but you can't compare THIS to Kingdom Hearts! This is so much more integrated and is essential to the game. I do feel sorry for people who just expected the old BK in HD, but while I won't go on the line saying this is better, you should see it as something else, set in the BK universe, and enjoy it for what it is...

pn18

Banned
AtomicShroom said:
Errr... what have they done to Banjo? :(

That trailer does not make me want the game. Blowing up Mario's head feels both arrogant and pretentious. The music is just the classic Banjo riff looping over and over, and it got annoying very fast.

It seems like they played too much of Kingdom Hearts and just stole its Gummi ship construction idea, which I don't know anyone actually enjoyed to begin with. It also looks like they basically wanted this to be a mix of Jak and Ratchet drenched in Banjo. Ugh.

Fuck you, Rare! Do not want!

duckroll

So, aside from incompetence, which we can hardly NOT expect from Silicon Knights, what other factors could have resulted in the removal of local co-op, and a reduction of 4 player online co-op to 2 players?

Top Bottom