• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS: Xbox One 40x More Powerful Than 360 with the Cloud, Only 10x Without the Cloud

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Jesus Christ, what am I reading

Microsoft, keep on giving. Time till E3 will just fly by.

dalin80

Banned
I currently have my mobile phone charging from my PC, my phone has 8 gigs of ram and quad core confirmed, is 500X more powerful by MS maths.

SRTtoZ

wtf.gif

nib95

Banned
I suppose they need to PR push some BS in order to sell DRM and downplay the power gulf between the PS4 and XO. That's ignoring the fact that PS4 is also set to have cloud computing and services lol.

RobbieH

Every time Microsoft says "the cloud" in relation to Xbox One replace it with "magic". Also:

But, we’ve also taken into account that our customers will want to play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if they lose their connection.

How considerate of them.

Rocket science.

So does this mean if my internet suddenly drops out in a 60fps 1080p game, it turns into a unstable 30fps sub 720p mess?
question is as serious as this 'news'

ymmv

Banned
When Arthur C. Clarke said: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", he must have been thinking of The Cloud.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There's nothing stopping Sony from using "power of the cloud". Is it really practical for games? I don't think so.

Withnail

It's like the power of the Cell but for a new generation.

When Xbone games look bad, devs will be accused of failing to get to grips with the cloud.

scoobs

ahhhh made up numbers are so much fun. Why not infinite times more powerful since the cloud is infinite??

massoluk

Banned
LOL. This is getting fucking more stupid.
Xbone powerlevel is over 9000, but it can unleash an even more powerful Spirit Bomb by tapping the power of cloud.

I am so sick of this shit, I have been a big XBOX guy all gen but whats happening at Microsoft right now is fucking crazy. Sony's show had some decent hardware talk (like you would have with someone that knows what they are talking about) and they admitted failures in the past. Microsoft is 5 billion transistors and infinite cloud power!

its night and day between them right now.

Top Bottom