• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller Seeks White House Documents on Flynn

Thats another one that definately tries to play coy. Hes gonna get hit on something down the line sooner or later.

Well they are following the Watergate playbook and if they want to keep with tradition Pence would have to end up like Nixons first vice president Spiro Agnew and resign under criminal charges.

Media

This is actually starting to get really compelling. If it weren't my reality this show would be a smash hit.

Does this only effect Flynn? or does everyone get fucked because of this?

Nah it affects multiple people including the VP but they are turning the screws on him to get the others to fuck up. Btw Trump is reported to have stayed in contact with Flynn after he canned him despite his council urging him to end all contact. Trump is a very clumsy criminal because now Mueller can have those conversations subpoenaed and now Trump is part of this part of the investigation. He no doubt had been trying to create a cover story with Flynn.

Szu

Flynn would be the type they would try and flip. There are enough potentially criminal things he has done that they can hang over him to get him to squeal like a pig.

tumblr_nwqd9jWRck1uorz8zo2_500.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I knew it. A Gulenist plot to discredit Trump. Is there nothing this powerful cleric hasn't destroyed?

Saganator

Nah it affects multiple people including the VP but they are turning the screws on him to get the others to fuck up. Btw Trump is reported to have stayed in contact with Flynn after he canned him despite his council urging him to end all contact. Trump is a very clumsy criminal because now Mueller can have those conversations subpoenaed and now Trump is part of this part of the investigation. He no doubt had been trying to create a cover story with Flynn.

Would be interesting if Flynn recorded those conversations so he can try to use the tapes to obtain immunity. He requested immunity once before, so maybe he went out and got some chips to play with.

Would be interesting if Flynn recorded those conversations so he can try to use the tapes to obtain immunity. He requested immunity once before, so maybe he went out and got some chips to play with.

I wouldn't ascribe that much foresight and shrewdness to these people.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i kinda want to see a summary of all the parts moving over the past 5-6 days between kelly taking over, mcmaster getting to clean house, grand juries opening up, subpoenas rolling out ... you could almost squint and see an endgame here.

i kinda want to see a summary of all the parts moving over the past 5-6 days between kelly taking over, mcmaster getting to clean house, grand juries opening up, subpoenas rolling out ... you could almost squint and see an endgame here.

Its kind of incredible-

-How much is happening
-How fast its happening
-How much of it is self inflicted

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Considering Trump is still speed running the Nixon presidency, use that for a guideline. Mueller is applying more and more pressure with each passing day and Trump will only be on vacation for so long. I have imagine he's pretty tempted to pull a Saturday Night Massacre type event right now.

I pray for Sessions to be in those documents. Speaking of which, can Mueller indict Sessions?

I imagine Pence is definitely going to be in there in some capacity.

If he can than why wasn't he charged for the 2nd time for perjury?

Can indict =/= willing to indict. Charging the Attorney General requires an immense amount of political will. If anything, Mueller would leave that decision to Congress because Sessions lied before them. They'd deliver an impeachment, though, not an indictment.

Can indict =/= willing to indict. Charging the Attorney General requires an immense amount of political will. If anything, Mueller would leave that decision to Congress because Sessions lied before them. They'd deliver an impeachment, though, not an indictment.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Its maddening how Dems aren't pushing for that. I guess it's useless for them since they have no power.

Top Bottom