• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiplayer Mod being made for Breath of The Wild

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Player 1 of course, player two gets to use the MadCatz Master Sword.
giphy.gif

Tagyhag

Between this and the Just Cause 3 MP mod, it amazes how sophisticated modders are getting.

Wait, how did I stumble to Port begging Nintendo games on fucking pc. There's limits to everything gaf

Yeah seriously, especially since the game is already fully playable on PC.

Blam

That's incredibly intriguing.

Since this is likely to use only assets already in the game, I don't see how you could legally DMCA it. (Of course, I know that companies aren't above DMCA'ing things even when they have no legal leg to stand on)

Yeah as it stands nothing is synced other than player location and what they are doing. Since it's an NPC model swap.

Nilaul

This is why my Switch with Breath of the Wild is collecting dust. All I can say is Nintendo fucked up hard by not putting this on PC, think of how much money they could've made off it. Now everyone is pirating it to play on Cemu at 4K/21:9 and now even with multiplayer. God knows what other crazy shit people will do with it once it becomes even more playable than it already is.

Edit: Not port begging. Why would I be? It's already done. I'm just addressing the reality that every Nintendo console has been emulated (and will in the future) and they can either make money off an audience that sees their hardware as nothing but an inferior nuisance or continue pretending like it doesn't exist.

Rpvldmk.jpg

First off, that's really cool and I hope they get this to work in a better state.

Second off, the shit is that Alexander fellow smoking?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pretty coo, but I don't know how they're gonna do this without it breaking pretty much everything in the game.

This is why my Switch with Breath of the Wild is collecting dust. All I can say is Nintendo fucked up hard by not putting this on PC, think of how much money they could've made off it. Now everyone is pirating it to play on Cemu at 4K/21:9 and now even with multiplayer. God knows what other crazy shit people will do with it once it becomes even more playable than it already is.

Edit: Not port begging. Why would I be? It's already done. I'm just addressing the reality that every Nintendo console has been emulated (and will in the future) and they can either make money off an audience that sees their hardware as nothing but an inferior nuisance or continue pretending like it doesn't exist.

And when the Switch is inevitably emulated, how much will they have lost on Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Metroid/Xenoblade/No More Heroes 3 sales? If I were a stockholder, I'd be angry because while the Switch has been incredibly successful... I think there's an argument to be made that it was negligent to not release their games to people who have historically and will inevitably get their hands on them anyways and profit off them. A large portion of these people who play on emulators see their hardware as nothing but a nuisance.

Honestly it looks like the average Steam user could do it. All it takes is a quad core, 8GB of memory and a $150-200 graphics card (and that's while these emulators are mid-development and fairly unoptimized).
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

How many people do you think are going out there and buying a copy just so they're morally in the right to play it on Cemu? How many of those people would've bought it if it were to pop up on Steam. Pirates will pirate, but I don't think it's fair to say everyone pirating it on PC would have done so if they could've bought it on their platform.
Something....seems off about all these responses.

trixx

Nintendo fucked up by not putting Breath of the Wild on PC? What on earth am I reading..

ehhh as ridiculous as it sounds I said last gen that is Splatoon was on PC shit would probably be as popular as overwatch, Same with Mario Kart. It is what it is though.

nynt9

I remember there was a mod like this for Oblivion back in the day. Amazing stuff, looking forward to it.

Blam

ehhh as ridiculous as it sounds I said last gen that is Splatoon was on PC shit would probably be as popular as overwatch, Same with Mario Kart. It is what it is though.

Honestly I doubt it would really take off.

I'm doubtful Mario Kart would do more on PC than a Nintendo platform but I'm also doubtful we'll ever know as there has never been any indication of Nintendo going third party outside of forum daydreams.

Top Bottom