• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Ain't It Cool News employees resign after Harry Knowles assault allegations

I guess AICN is dead.

Nah traveler has a point. He's been dropping these nebulous "hints" for several days. If you can't say anything, then don't say anything.

Cry more.

I did say something. Two things actually. That there are more stories and that you have not heard the worst one.

I was trying to write that post as non-backseat mod-y as possible and just give a heads up, but understood. Count's reason's for not sharing seem perfectly legit to me; I just wasn't sure if the hinting would get him banned. I'll refrain from that sort of post in the future.

No worries.

In this case he's said a few times there is another story brewing; that shouldn't be surprising in situations like this. I respect that it's not his story to tell, though I'm curious if he thinks the story will be told.

At this point, I think it might not because it may not need to. Knowles is done.

Hot take, I’m a little uncomfortable with these people getting praise for quitting, meanwhile we are suppose to believe they worked for harry for years and had no idea what he was like...

Did you see S2 of Master of None? Easy for this stuff to slip under the radar if no one comes forward, but once a close friend confides in you or the floodgates open up, you'd be a fool to remain silent.

Travo

DIDnt care for Aintitcool much these days but I did enjoy certain articles like Ambush Bug’s 31 Days of Horror. Maybe Bug will publish those somewhere else.

Is it any surprise this stuff gets covered up for so long and people are so afraid to speak out? Shit the POTUS managed to become president with just as bad if not worse claims against his names and with plenty of evidence. This sort of stuff is pervasive and it's incredibly sad.

gamz

DIDnt care for Aintitcool much these days but I did enjoy certain articles like Ambush Bug’s 31 Days of Horror. Maybe Bug will publish those somewhere else.

His horror weekly wrap-ups are great. I've discovered a ton of gems from his articles.

The entourage ep at comic-con kinda hinted that Knowles was really creepy. At least thats who I thought they were going after with that character.

The SDCC Entourage episode was trying to make SDCC look like shit. It wasn't concerned in the least bit with accuracy.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
shit, maybe I should read that Blade 2 review. Someone summarize it in one line for me. I'll read it later after I'm done with my assignment.

I just read it, its not long, but it is a real challenging read. Take about three minutes and see how far you last.

Risible

shit, maybe I should read that Blade 2 review. Someone summarize it in one line for me. I'll read it later after I'm done with my assignment.

It's.....something. I wasn't prepared for that, that's for sure.

That's some heavy duty foreshadowing right there.

Another woman comes forward about her experiences at Alamo and with Harry Knowles

I've been on the fence and sick to my stomach about speaking up about the sexual scandals involving Fantastic Fest/Alamo Drafthouse, as Tim and Karrie had always been really good to me throughout my time there, 2001-2011. Although I no longer work under the Alamo umbrella, I still felt this sense of family and protection when it comes to that group and didn't want to make things worse than what they were already facing. I realize though, that by remaining silent, and internalizing, it just helps perpetuate that culture of "let it slide", and I am triggered as each new allegation/comment come out .

Fast forward to Harry Knowles, whom one night during FF at the old Highball, grabbed my arm, asked me to come closer, and then told me he was on mushrooms, and that he and his wife had been talking about wanting to see me naked, and asked me to do just that with them that night. I had never had any personal conversations with this man outside of FF/Alamo business, and honestly, I had kept my distance to brief pleasantries due to the common knowledge that he was a creepy man. I was completely disgusted, politely declined, and left.
I've had a filmmaker tell me that he wanted to "make me squeal like a stuck pig", with many other festival goers in presence, to which there was a uncomfortable silence then slight giggles. I said "no", and tried to carry on as if nothing had happened, as did everyone else.

We can't move forward to a safe, inclusive environment for everyone, unless words spoken are backed with honest actions.
I loved being in a creative environment, surrounded by interesting and intelligent people, getting the chance to see really wonderful works of art and attend ingenious events, and will greatly miss that part of the Alamo Drafthouse and Fantastic Fest. I wish them the best, and hope they will honestly address the issues, and move forward as bigger, better, and safer institutions.

Christ, people weren't kidding about that Blade 2 review:

leaving-now.gif

selfnoise

SXSW is run by pricks... this is known.

Didn't they want to have a free speech panel with Zoe Quinn's harassers or something? Can't quite remember how that went down.

Top Bottom