• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilla

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

I don't understand.

It is the time for Microsoft to cancel their conference. There is no way they can beat all of these in Sony conference.

Tonight gonna be very fun.

RyoonZ

Banned
jXq7UCaKXhw4U.jpg

panty

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

You better show some proof to the mods or it's goodbye.

It was nice knowing you.

for real honestly, that made no sense

Companies port popular games to new platforms. Square announced a port of a popular game for a new platform in order to give it exposure. Square knows hyping up a FFVII related announcement would lead to a lot of exposure, even if it ultimately disappointed those who wanted an actual remake.

Go_Ly_Dow

I JUST GOT A EXCITEMENT JUMP SHOCK FROM THE THOUGHT OF THIS.

TIME TO GO LIFT WEIGHTS WITH EXTRA EXUBERANCE.

HNNNGGGG

Mortemis

Banned

fam...

maybe we have another ntkrnl on our hands...

Who's this guy? Lol

aly

I don't care if this is true or not. I want to just dream of a world where said possibility exists.

Well, I'll say this for the rumour: it's more believable with SE kinda cleaning up their act in 2015 than it was in 2012, or 2009.

So it's gone from a .000001% chance of being true to a .0001% chance.

I'm being generous.

Flowmoney

Doesn't this have to be like full remake? That seems like a lot of effort to change moments in story and remove all the shenanigans.

Blablurn

Even though you have a Panda as your avatar I'm not sure if I can trust you.

liquidtmd

Banned
So at this point, we've got Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian and now FFVII remake lined up for E3.

Our Pre-E3 rumblings is sadly missing Half-life 3 so poor show hype train, 5/10 would not board again

23qwerty

Companies port popular games to new platforms. Square announced a port of a popular game for a new platform in order to give it exposure. Square knows hyping up a FFVII related announcement would lead to a lot of exposure, even if it ultimately disappointed those who wanted an actual remake.
well there was no fanfare when it was released in the ps3, and why wouldn't it be out by now? surely it shouldn't take that long?

ash_ag

Real or not, do people actually want this? I feel like Square is a little too out of touch to do this successfully.

It's 100% guaranteed a number of people will be disappointed if it does happen, because there's no one FFVII remake people want.

I'm inclined to believe that those who ask so desperately for the remake are likely expecting a really grand new title that is built on FFVII's story, characters and worldview, but is quite different game design-wise. More silent supporters would prefer a remake in the vein of FFI/II/IV 'remakes' -- a recreation of the game's content in its original structure, but looking sharper and more modern.

A simple example would be the world map. I'm not sure how most people are imagining that would be in a remake that is trying to be too much.

I do hope I'm wrong though. It won't be so pleasant to watch fans argue about how this wonderful dream that was the Final Fantasy VII remake was ruined by not being whatever they expected it to be.

Donos

Bish: I got this...

Edit:
Looking back at Miruhoggu's 19 other posts, he seems to know things...

Looks like he had info about Terra Battle before it came around. That post was from about a week before the game was announced.

this is getting good. E3 time is crazy time.

Looking back at Miruhoggu's 19 other posts, he seems to know things...

Last time I heard from Mistwalker, they were working on a big mobile game, more ambitious than Party Wave and Blade Guardian. Should be announced and released this year.

Looks like he had info about Terra Battle before it came around. That post was from about a week before the game was announced.

zeioIIDX

It'll be released as the PS4's swan song lol. There's no way they can remake that entire game unless they retain prerendered backgrounds. Even then, that's a LOT of work to have to pretty up that entire 3-disc game for the PS4.

Cels

Sounds like fan fiction. Guess we shall see.

I believe you. Every word.

Legit lol'd

Welp has it begun?

bishlawn09u1t.gif

KyleCross

Hey GAF, if this actually happens way don't a group of us throw money into a pool to purchase lottery tickets and if we win we split it? Ya'know, like your co-workers do some time.

We'll all be millionaires.

u_neek

If just one of the now three big rumoured titles shows up at E3 (TLG, new Shenmue, this), that will make the show for me!

1/3 should be doable. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom