• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered: Soul Suspect - Review Thread

Y0j1mb0

Not surprised by the overall reviews here. I'll be picking this up for sure...but only at a bargain bin price point.

Sotha_Sil

IGN describes it as overly linear and filled with easy puzzles. That's two major infractions for a detective game (aka a puzzle game). Echoing most of the reviews, it's a shame because it is a cool concept for a game.

GavinUK86

'You don't agree with me, you must be young.'
Jog on mate. I don't have an opinion yet because I haven't played it. I was just clearly stating I don't think games in the 60's to 70's are necessarily bad but the younger generation seem to think only games in the 90's are worth anyone's time nowadays.

dreamfall

Well I gotta dig into the reviews.

But I got it on GMG for $28? So I'm ready to dive in. I kind of love the slow burn of strange murder mysteries!

Marjar

Banned
Was honestly expecting this, despite preordering the game lol.

Still interested in playing it. I've enjoyed quite a few games with a mediocre score average.

Averon

IGN describes it as overly linear and filled with easy puzzles. That's two major infractions for a detective game (aka a puzzle game). Echoing most of the reviews, it's a shame because it is a cool concept for a game.

Yeah. Those are two massive marks against the game if true. An overly linear detective game with easy puzzles? What's the point? If I want easy puzzle and linearity, I 'd pick up any modern day TPS or FPS.

Leb

That Kotaku review is almost unconscionably harsh. To suggest that a gamer should play Heavy Rain over ANY OTHER GAME EVER is tantamount to President Obama delivering a State of the Union address in which every single sentence ended with the word, "Belgium."

Truly, I can think of no greater insult than the one delivered by this "Yannick LeJacq" Belgium.

Felensis

Banned
I don't give a fuck about the reviews, even though I feel sad for airtight studios, because I expect low sales. Nevertheless I was ever since excited for the game. Still think the style, scenario and characters are totally unique. So I'm still all in on day one!

A niche game getting niche game reviews. Not surprising. This is basically a B-tier game so of course it isn't going to set the world on fire.

Wolff

Easy puzzles and linear are two things i really didn't expect out of this type of game. This is a bit disappointing. Gonna wait for a big price drop and check it out later then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well it was always going to be a sale game for me anyway :/

Salsa

I already predict that the interesting concept + low expectations + grabbing it cheap later on is gonna make this an underdog favorite of many

it's like Remember Me

I'm always (never) surprised by the people who come in to review threads to say they don't give a fuck about reviews.

I mean

Clearly you do. You're here because you have told yourself that you're going to stick to your initial impression no matter what and are posting to reinforce your own conviction. I don't know what other point you could possibly think you're proving other than the one that you wanted it to review well, it didn't, and now you want everyone to know what a rebel you are for reviews only mattering if they agree with you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That Heavy Rain line is just scathing. Kinda bummed, thought this game had an interesting premise and a nice first reveal but I guess theres a reason its gone dark since that point.

GavinUK86

I'm always (never) surprised by the people who come in to review threads to say they don't give a fuck about reviews.

I mean

Clearly you do. You're here because you have told yourself that you're going to stick to your initial impression no matter what and are posting to reinforce your own conviction. I don't know what other point you could possibly think you're proving other than the one that you wanted it to review well, it didn't, and now you want everyone to know what a rebel you are for reviews only mattering if they agree with you.

Lol. I couldn't agree more.

Lucent

When I first saw the trailer for this, I thought it was gonna be a digital title. Like $19.99. When I found out it was $59.99, I was immediately concerned. I'll rent it, though. But overly linear and easy puzzles sounds kind of...not fun.

Felensis

Banned

I mean

No, I don't. At least in terms of my decisions which games to buy. Of course I'm interested in how the world is judging on games or if a game is somehow totally broken, whether it be due to bugs or very poor execution.

So just no. I'm not a 'rebel' in these terms and yes, I still don't give a fuck about reviews nor do I base my purchases on them.

No, I don't. At least in terms of my decisions which games to buy. Of course I'm interested in how the world is judging on games or if a game is somehow totally broken, whether it be due to bugs or very poor execution.

So just no. I'm not a 'rebel' in these terms and yes, I still don't give a fuck about reviews nor do I base my purchases on them.

I was mostly pointing out the hypocrisy of marching in to a review thread to boldly proclaim you have no interest in the thread subject, extol the virtues of the game the reviews are about, and then insist your day-one purchase is totally still on schedule, since we were all waiting with bated breath to know.

Bishop89

Huh? This is why scoring systems like this are flawed. If all these aren't averaged to get the final score, what is the point of having a scale like this? Do some people play games that would get a 10/10 in sound but a 1/10 with gameplay?
Walking dead? 1/10 gameplay, 10/10 story?

Top Bottom