• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVP Baseball 2005 (Possible?) League Thread!

hey dudes, what do you guys think about an MVP league? there are a few options we could go with:

1. Premium pass allows us to have leagues. This would be the easiest and also the most unlikely :(

2. I can create a website to keep track of w/l's. then it can go in one of a few directions:

a.) We can do the league like real mlb. There aren't "weeks", but rather just an entire schedule. For instance, I can schedule 5 games a week, and you have from sunday until saturday to play the 5 games (in whichever order you want). You could play them all on monday, or all or saturday, or spread them out, you get the point. This way we could have a longer season. The problem comes in the form of stats. If EA will allow e-mail stats (like they do with madden), you could just forward the stats to me and i could enter them on the league page. If not we could write down the basics and put them up. or we dont have to do stats at all.

b.) All of the above would be the same, except the schedule would be more like madden (i.e. there is X number of games in the season, and you play 1 game per "week")

i would probably need some help with the stats, and if anyone knows ftp or all that other crap and wants to help let me know. i will have my gf design the site and then just give you access to my space to edit whatever. i'm going to ask her if its possible that she create a mini-site not unlike the ESPN NFL/NBA/NHL league sites. but anyways, how many would be interested?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm in and I would take any option you listed above.

And I call Astros now biznatchs!

Ramirez

No one wants the Disastros...however I'll probably have to keep an eye on everyone trying to take the Tribe,I know you're all so jealous :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've never played a baseball game on this generations consoles. But if the leagues are anywhere near as fun as the Madden leagues then I'll pick up the game and play with you guys.
I need a really good team though. Have the Giants gotten anyone to play with "Captain Clear"?? I would like to have Bonds. He's a mack. :D

Fifty

Man, I love leagues...but I'm not sure I'll be able to fit another one in....Well, actually, madden season 3 will be over by March 1st probably, and I'll have that out of the way. If this happens I'll be in.

Jays, of course.

Fifty

It might actually be smarter just to do tournaments for this game. It would be a ton of work on everyone's part to write down stats manually, and tournaments would require less of a commitment. I'm just throwing it out there, but I think manual leagues would drive people, especially FMT, a bit crazy.

yeah thats true (about tournaments). well we'll see how it goes*

* that's if EA even includes tournaments this year after PROMOTING IT ON THE BOX LAST YEAR THEN NOT HAVING THEM IN THE GAME!

Mrbob

Had to trump my MVP thread, didn't you JERK?!?! :D

Anyhoo, lets get this league going. I'M DOWN WITH DAT.

I think we should start with an abbreviated league at first if EA doesn't have official leagues. Something like 20 to 30 games. That way we can get a good feel of who will actually consistently play and who won't. Then we can move onto something bigger.

team selection is all well and good, but would you dudes be more interested in a league or just tournaments? i'm cool either way, but just post your thoughts on that

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
team selection is all well and good, but would you dudes be more interested in a league or just tournaments? i'm cool either way, but just post your thoughts on that
Well, I voted for 2a, but Tournies would be cool too. It's all gravy.

Fifty

I don't know if I'd have the time for this, especially since I want to watch tons of real baseball games. It's better than 2B though. Bob's idea of starting off with 20-30 games is crazy! We play 16 games of football or basketball and it's a major ordeal....doubling that for a trial to determine how many people will stay seems far fetched.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I don't know if I'd have the time for this, especially since I want to watch tons of real baseball games. It's better than 2B though. Bob's idea of starting off with 20-30 games is crazy! We play 16 games of football or basketball and it's a major ordeal....doubling that for a trial to determine how many people will stay seems far fetched.

I agree. Fifty rox, Bob sux.

Top Bottom