• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My blood pressure is 128/60... Heart rate is 68... Good/bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Gotta get that resting heart rate down to 60 or below. And the systolic BP to below 120.

I'm at around 110/60 and 55-60 (haven't checked it for about 4 months.. but that's been the average for the last 5 years).

Lots of exercise. Keep the heart rate up for at least an hour 4+ times per week. I average about 3 hours of exercise 4 days a week - more on weekends (like 4-6h), a little less during the week (2-2.5h). And only eat enough to allow you to keep exercising.

*My dad is a diabetic so I'm more than a little concerned about my health.

GJS

Blood pressure checks at a Doctor's appointment are too variable and sometimes useless, we need some 24 hours+ ambulatory blood pressure readings in here.

3rdman

I cheat whenever I go...

Hold my breath and slowly exhale. Works every time!

Is that cheating? I'm a bit of nervous-Ned and every time I strap on the machine, I feel my heart to start jumping. I breathe slowly just to calm down and get (what I think) is a "normal" reading.

s7evn

Is it even possible to have a systolic number lower than the diastolic number?

No, the systolic is the maximum pressure the heart achieves. The diastolic is the pressure at which the aortic valve opens.
11.07.10.03.jpg

Acidote

I've been taking my blood pressure for a couple of days now and made an appointment with the doctor next week. I checked it last tuesday afternoon because I wasn't feeling fine, and I was 176/110. So I checked it as soon as I woke up on wednesday and thursday.

Day - Systolic - Distolic - Beat rate

Wednesday 152 99 62
Thursday 144 100 71

I know what is causing it, my job and the bad situation the company is in, but I can't do a damn thing about it. I can't risk just quitting before I have something else in my hand.

Edit: And I'm 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom