• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Neoxon

Caught my little bro yet again watching MHA, this time it was the dub for the Stain fight (right when Deku & Todoroki figured out the secret behind Stain's quirk).

Who here suggested that I should gift him some of the manga? I may actually do that come December.

Meffer

Caught my little bro yet again watching MHA, this time it was the dub for the Stain fight (right when Deku & Todoroki figured out the secret behind Stain's quirk).

Who here suggested that I should gift him some of the manga? I may actually do that come December.
I did. They're up to volume 8 in English I believe. They might release the 9th one later this year I think that hopefully will have a "certain good fight".

LotusHD

Banned

You forgot to post the Spongebob meme again

Neoxon

You forgot to post the Spongebob meme again
I got you, fam.

kqFhCk0.png

Caught him yet again, this time he was re-watching the Quirk Apprehension Test (dubbed).

Chase17

27-31
This was very well done, especially the way they handled Stain. Pretty good arc that puts together Deku's training, solid character development for Iida, and a tense fight together pretty smoothly in a relatively short time frame. The arcs works very well as an extension to the spring tournament too by giving us closure with Todoroki's inner conflict. Even got to see Endeavor looking like the number two hero for a bit. I'd say my biggest issue with it is the dynamic between Shigaraki and Stain. I understand their differing ideals but find the conflict between them to be poorly realized when it could have been a lot more interesting. Their whole "team up/not team up" thing falls flat. It does end up all right though as I thing the Stain ideology working as a means of recruitment for the league of villains is explained well and makes sense. I had completely forgotten that Iida suffers long term damage from this fight. Darn Todoroki the "hand crusher". The stain fight itself was excellent. Also Gran Torino is hilarious.

Froppy is great. Pretty solid for an anime original episode.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I came in here wondering if that stuff with Froppy was an original creation for the show, for some reason the villains all having the same power (squids) tipped me off because that seemed a bit uncreative for the original author.

Selkie though is amazing. Favorite character right there, too bad I doubt he'll get much use in the main plot outside of perhaps the show giving him some more filler spotlight.

Neoxon

I came in here wondering if that stuff with Froppy was an original creation for the show, for some reason the villains all having the same power (squids) tipped me off because that seemed a bit uncreative for the original author.

Selkie though is amazing. Favorite character right there, too bad I doubt he'll get much use in the main plot outside of perhaps the show giving him some more filler spotlight.
Selkie is actually canon, but I don't recall us ever seeing much of him in the manga.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Decided to check this out based on the recent anime recommendations thread. Currently on episode 9 of season 1 and was wondering if we'll get any episodes focused on Momo because she looks cool af.

Jintor

man, they really translated this episode well.

lotta good camera angles, music lends itself well to emphasise the impact of the words, all might's va does an astounding job. (the background art is still godawful)

All Might? More like All Ass. Damn.

Interesting episode. Exposition central but I don't mind that.

Mineta continues to be trash. Kaminari can join him now too, what an idiot.

All Might? More like All Ass. Damn.

Interesting episode. Exposition central but I don't mind that.

Mineta continues to be trash. Kaminari can join him now too, what an idiot.

Kaminari has a chance of going place as a character but mineta is just annoying. Hope he ends up turning heel and leave the group. I hate myself for becoming a bigger fan of all might after every episode while hearing that he won't be around.

NSESN

The animation seemed off for the first time in the second half but well, at least the All might talk had way more impact than in the manga because of the music. Is this music from the first season or it is new?

NEO0MJ

That was oddly hype for a plot dump.

We've pretty much been left in the dark about the nature of One for All since the start so it was cool to finally know how it came to be.
But All for One sounds like such a broken ability. That scene of the owner of the end with his entire upper face being skin makes me think that All Might literally crushed it and it's now growing back.

We've pretty much been left in the dark about the nature of All for One since the start so it was col to finally know how it came to be.
But All for One sounds like such a broken ability. That scene of the owner of the end with his entire upper face being skin makes me think that All Might literally crushed it and it's now growing back.

One can only hope we get a flashback episode since it also seems all might teacher died in that same fight.

Kaminari has a chance of going place as a character but mineta is just annoying. Hope he ends up turning heel and leave the group. I hate myself for becoming a bigger fan of all might after every episode while hearing that he won't be around.
Kaminari was meh before, but his whole "serial killers are cool!" statement has instantly placed him on the shit list. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say in any circumstance, but in front of classmates that were almost murdered by said serial killer, one of which has a family member that was permanently crippled by him? What. The. HELL. (Mineta always was, and always will be, walking garbage.)

Thankfully it was followed up by Iida regaining his confidence, and Midoriya realizing that Iida is someone actually worth looking up to.

Jintor

What he meant was the dude's tenacity and belief in his own moral code was impressive. I don't think even iida or deku would deny it - they were there when the sheer force of the dude's moral convictions stopped everyone in their tracks.

He did express it really shittily but he immediately recanted too

What he meant was the dude's tenacity and belief in his own moral code was impressive. I don't think even iida or deku would deny it - they were there when the sheer force of the dude's moral convictions stopped everyone in their tracks.

He did express it really shittily but he immediately recanted too

Iida himself said that he understands why people would consider Stain to be cool
It's pure nonsense. Killers don't deserve praise because they're "super tenacious". It goes back to my initial criticism of Stain. Building him up to some sort of hallowed figure when he's just a twisted psychopath.

It's pure nonsense. Killers don't deserve praise because they're "super tenacious".

Not praise exactly, but it's totally understandable why the sheer weight of his... I don't know, convictions? would leave a hell of an impression on people. Especially in a fairly safe/staid society like MHA's.

Meffer

It's pure nonsense. Killers don't deserve praise because they're "super tenacious". It goes back to my initial criticism of Stain. Building him up to some sort of hallowed figure when he's just a twisted psychopath.
He got his message out and people took it. This happens in real life too.

Finally back to Shigaraki story stuff, do your best in 225 episodes from now :(

Where did Kaminari spend the week if people were fawning over him? I wish we got more scenes of what others were doing.

Best moment
tumblr_ouxj0c84Lf1uifby2o3_540.gif

tumblr_ouxj0c84Lf1uifby2o2_540.gif

Top Bottom