• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Epcott

Am I wrong in hoping this Sports Festival ends soon so we can get into the villains schemes and Deku's mastery of All for One?

Maximo

I suspect we'll see more team based action, but I totally imagine later chapters being like The Wonderful 101.

Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

Yes YEEESSSS

Am I wrong in hoping this Sports Festival ends soon so we can get into the villains schemes and Deku's mastery of All for One?

It'll probably be over at some point in the next few issues. Bakugou vs. Todoroki is probably going to get interrupted to deal with the villain thing.

CFVQxQOWMAAQg0t.png

Todoroki looked so good in both panels when his hair is moving. It always gives him the best angles. Kind of chuckled too at how he looked when Bakugou kicked that table and his arms were still hovering in the air and he looked taken aback abit.

Their match will be so good if it can last three or four chapters and go uninteruppted. Though maybe we will get the classic type of tie breaker outcome or something. Still heavily leaning towards Todoroki, Bakugou cant go undefeated.

SalvaPot

This chapter confused me a lot, talk about anti climatic.

I gave it a reread and I think I got it.The tournament arc was more about character development than actual fighting, I think its pretty clever once I reread it, but for the people who wanted to watch an actual fight are going to be disappointed.

rrc1594

Boku no Hero Academia 43

The fight was very quick, but we half to realize this tournament arc was always around the character development of the Heroes. It wasn't about seeing who was the strongest or anything like that. IMO this arc has done a great job of it.

Izuku, Katsuki,Ochako, and Tenya all had great character development during this Arc.

Now I'm really looking forward on how they handle death in this manga . With Tenya's brother I think that's the first major death in the series. His death is really important, because it shows How stronger Stain is. Turbo Hero was a well known Hero, and it look like Stain beat him easily.

Stain's character design is badass. I look forward to this "Hero Killer"

zHSMYWSP7XsRBotwmxh-iQBU2QfNUWhEeVCI4-dT4E60XF6xqqrK4pEsXxe1nm3cuVRb0acKK_QTDlBNy_5zZQ=w426-h320-n

I'm guess that All Might will die by chapter 120. There will be so many times that villains come after him and he survives.

cntr

Banned
OK, read the good translations.

What the heck? Fallen Angels was shit this week, and Power Manga was good.

Nightbird

OK, read the good translations.

What the heck? FA was shit this week, and Power Manga was good.

maybe because they were in a hurry, so their version would end up being on the Sites?

Because they used to wait until WSJ releases the Chapter in English before they released their Version.

gosox333

This series's pacing is really quick.

This is what's so exciting about this series

Maybe because it's so young and hasn't had a chance for anime to come in and commercialize it, but it's so good and so fast right now that there's always something to get excited for.

We'll see if that continues though. I don't really expect it to, but it would be awesome if things did keep up with this pace.

Moaradin

Didn't expect the match to go by that quick. Hopefully we get some good character development for Bakugou out of this.

And wow, I'm glad I read this series on WSJ. The other translation is awful. I especially hate how overused the profanity is for Bakugou. It's practically satire level with how much he's dropping F-bombs.

Best Todoroki, but I hated the way the writer did all of this. Why did the fight last only one chapter and end with Todoroki just moping around and such. Final pages made me tear up because it seemed like he just did enough to cancel the attack but then give up.

I hope Bakugo seeks assistant from Deku to try to inspire Todoroki again and get him back on his feet. He's the best fighter and having a lost Todoroki is just saddening. Maybe we will get a Todoroki discovering himself arc?

Meffer

Best Todoroki, but I hated the way the writer did all of this. Why did the fight last only one chapter and end with Todoroki just moping around and such. Final pages made me tear up because it seemed like he just did enough to cancel the attack but then give up.

I hope Bakugo seeks assistant from Deku to try to inspire Todoroki again and get him back on his feet. He's the best fighter and having a lost Todoroki is just saddening. Maybe we will get a Todoroki discovering himself arc?
I think the fight was only one chapter so it could show how fast the fight was. It felt deliberate since there was so much energy in the panels.

Furyous

We need to see Bakugou's parents. If he's that high strung then his parents' quirks have to be god tier.

LOL at Uraraka's parents. We need to see Tokoyami's parents just to see his quirk interact with everyone.

Can someone explain to me how Bakugou isn't a villain already? He's easily the best anti-hero masquerading as hero in manga, IMHO.

Grexeno

I enjoyed the blink-and-you'll-miss-it panel with Uraraka's parents literally shoving her eyeballs back into her head.

hohoXD123

We need to see Bakugou's parents. If he's that high strung then his parents' quirks have to be god tier.

LOL at Uraraka's parents. We need to see Tokoyami's parents just to see his quirk interact with everyone.

Can someone explain to me how Bakugou isn't a villain already? He's easily the best anti-hero masquerading as hero in manga, IMHO.

It'd be interesting if his parents are largely unknown/he's an orphan, hence why he wants to be the #1 hero, to be recognised by others. Seeing every character interact with their family contrasted against him on his own does seem to suggest that, unless if there's something that I have missed.

This is what I was coming here to type. At best, he's the dude they need to keep an eye on, because he's going to fall.

I got the impression that his parents weren't anything special, which is part of what led to his intense arrogance; they kept fawning over him, calling him amazing, etc.

Also:

This is what I was coming here to type. At best, he's the dude they need to keep an eye on, because he's going to fall.

Too obvious, IMO. We'll get a fakeout arc where a villain tries to recruit him, he strings them along, then punts the fuck out of them.

Qvoth

Finally read this series, pretty good
Liking the quirks "system", I like how it's not all too cookie cutter crap

SalvaPot

Finally read this series, pretty good
Liking the quirks "system", I like how it's not all too cookie cutter crap

Welcome! Yeah, I like how varied and organic the quirks feel.

Also, new episode is up and It was a pretty chill episode, Bakugou keeps growing on me, he is just too intense in a stupid way, we are not supposed to take him seriously.

Nairume

Banned
Also, new episode is up and It was a pretty chill episode, Bakugou keeps growing on me, he is just too intense in a stupid way, we are not supposed to take him seriously.
Yeah, this chapter cements more than every that he's an endearing dope.

Also pushing me more and more into thinking/hoping that they don't do the obvious thing of having him do a heel turn.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I feel like if anyone does a "heel turn" in this manga, it'll be somewhat unexpected and not the obvious "Bad Dudes" like Todoroki and Bakugou...

I feel like if anyone does a "heel turn" in this manga, it'll be somewhat unexpected and not the obvious "Bad Dudes" like Todoroki and Bakugou...

This is going to sound strange, but reading Uraraka's story, I kind of feel she is going to get a major character development twist, especially once she figures out the ups and downs of her quirk. Her quirk is pretty damned powerful, her parents are all that she has. If something happens to them or if they're threatened... well... she'd make an awesome villain.

Edit: Or Iida!

Moaradin

Grape boy is the mastermind that hand villain has been talking to.

And I really enjoyed the little gag with Bakugou having the medal still in his mouth at school lol

Top Bottom