• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Ascheroth

I get where everyone is coming from, and that's why I am so glad Deku didn't let go. He knew how pragmatic it was and better to their long-term picture, but he didn't let go anyways. Her going with him to protect them is kind of a having your cake and eat it too on behalf of the story(I hate this expression so much btw)but I enjoyed it regardless. And we got some brief moment of Deku wearing his dumb mask for once.

Also, again, <3 the plague doctor ascetic with the yakuza and really happy we're getting more handjob action next chapter!
I'll never understand this expression.
Why wouldn't you eat your cake if you have one?

Ascheroth

it's actually supposed to mean "you can't eat your cake and still keep it", because the word "have" worked different in older English
Now that makes more sense.

OT: glad we had a little flashback to what happened before the meeting.
And I'm glad Deku didn't cave in.
The last page was disturbing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I almost feel like Horikoshi overdid it on this chapter with the art to make up for the last two weeks lol.

Oh man that bunny and cat girl on the first page

lmao at Mirio surprised Deku's Hero name was Deku.

Deku reacted in the same way All Might would have.

Veelk

Banned
Also, is Overhaul supposed to be a terrible liar? I mean, given the girl's reaction, he obviously was up to no good, but even ignoring that, the guy looks like he's 20 years old. I half expected Midoriya to reply "what, did you have her when you were 12?"

I'd also point out the improbability her being blond if she's of his genetic make up too, but given how quirks work in this setting, that's not as big a deal.

Ascheroth

Also, is Overhaul supposed to be a terrible liar? I mean, given the girl's reaction, he obviously was up to no good, but even ignoring that, the guy looks like he's 20 years old. I half expected Midoriya to reply "what, did you have her when you were 12?"

I'd also point out the improbability her being blond if she's of his genetic make up too, but given how quirks work in this setting, that's not as big a deal.
Eh, given that Araki exists he could be 50 for all we know and it wouldn't be implausible :p
Besides
2JOKiU1.png
this is a 'just piss off already or I'll fuck you up' face, I kinda doubt he cares about having a completely watertight excuse.

Btw: Mirio, Hero Name Lumillion (million in romaji is mirion).
Iseewhatyoudidthere.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, I thought about Overhaul's age too back when he first showed up. But compare his face to Naomasa's (All Might's police buddy guy), and it makes sense. They aren't too similar, but they have the same "generic middle aged dude" design, especially if you imagine him without the mask.

Which makes sense, Overhaul predates All for One's defeat, so he's about the same age as All Might and Naomasa.

cntr

Banned
he probably has the power to deconstruct and reconstruct anything he touches, also his name is literally "overhaul"

so he basically has crazy diamond + killer queen.

Who else thought the art this chapter was exceptional ?!?!

Me! I fucking love the way Chisaki and Eri looked. He looks so menacing and the art completely sells how scared Eri is. I really liked this chapter. Although i too wish they would have slowed down between arcs and stuff for some breathing room.

Oddish1

I should comment in here once in a while.

I liked this chapter because it follows up nicely with the question of whether All Might should have chosen Mirio over Deku which Deku still seems unsure about, and then shows a situation where Mirio wants to do the smarter thing and Deku wants to do the nobler thing, and is likely the reason All Might chose him in the first place.

SalvaPot

I should comment in here once in a while.

I liked this chapter because it follows up nicely with the question of whether All Might should have chosen Mirio over Deku which Deku still seems unsure about, and then shows a situation where Mirio wants to do the smarter thing and Deku wants to do the nobler thing, and is likely the reason All Might chose him in the first place.

Yeah, I felt the same way. I think Mirio and Deku will make a great team.

Deku showing us his hero side(I agree that this is why All Might probably chose him); heroes never lets someone in need of help behind even if it would be more logical to do so.

L Million is a cool name! Hoping to see some cool teamwork between Mirio and Deku.

cntr

Banned
Wait, did Viz translate it "L Million"? That'd be really freaking weird.

I hope they got "Sir Knighteye" right, at least.

cntr

Banned
Oh, fair enough. The spelling is awkward, but that justification works, I guess.

"Sir Night Eye" is a fuck up they're going to have to go back and fix, though. It's Sir Knighteye.

cntr

Banned
I'd've gone for something like L'Million, to make it a bit clearer that it's an abbreviation and not the letter.

Still kinda awkward, but less awkward.

Which would take away from the meaning of his name, since All Might is english.

I don't speak french and it looks like french to me :p
Or at least not english-y.

I guess you guys don't use L' at all so I guess I can see where you are coming from. But I can say that this doesn't look french at all from my perspective lol.

Also I really don't see what you guys find awkward about L Million. Sounds pretty cool to me.

So for Sir Night eye vs Knight eye, I asked VIZ and here is what the editor wrote back

Sir Night Eye's stamp spells his own name as in the Japanese version as NIGHT.

So I guess Sir Night eye is the good translation.

That Team Skull Ashido is all I ever wanted.

Man, there's some fantastic fan art out there. Drummer Zapboy and Momo/Todo knights are straight fire.

Top Bottom