• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Top 100 Games of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: NOT IN ORDER AFTER THE FIRST 10

So I attempted my own Top 100 Games of All Time List... obviously I havn't played every game ever made and all lists are bias towards personal preferences. These are the games that just came to my head without research, I couldn't even list them numerically after the top 10 because it would require way too much time and effort. Anyway here's my Top 10 + 90 other games ever! Judge away!

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Super Metroid
3. Earthbound
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Final Fantasy 7
6. Panzer Dragoon Saga
7. Ghouls 'n Ghosts
8. Mario Kart 8
9. Metal Gear Solid 3
10. Halo The Master Chief Collection
A Link to the Past
Majora’s Mask
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Donkey Kong Country 2
Ristar
Final Fantasy 6
Power Stone 2
Shenmue
Chrono Trigger
Resident Evil 2
Bioshock
System Shock 2
Half Life
Half Life 2
Uncharted 2
Super Street Fighter 2
Streets of Rage
Contra
Phantasy Star 4
Sonic 2
Goldeneye
Yoshi’s Island
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Okami
Xenoblade
Xenogears
Super Monkey Ball
R type
The Last of Us
Crash 2
Klonoa
Mega Man 3
Mega Man X
Castlevania: Symphony of the night
Metal Gear Solid
Nights into Dreams
Metroid Prime trilogy
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Soul Silver
Radiant Historia
F Zero GX
Jet Set Radio Future
Timesplitters 2
Cave Story
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Rayman 2
Bayonetta 2
Alundra
Kid Icarus Uprising
Persona 3
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Zelda: A Link between Worlds
Donkey Kong 94
Super Mario Land 2
Shinobi 3
Saturn bomberman
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time
Secret of Mana
Kirby Super Star
Silent Hill 2
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario World
Combat
Final Fantasy 10
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Doom
Grim Fandango
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Vanquish
Mega Man 2
Castlevania 3
Outrun 2
Ms Pac Man
Tekken 3
GTA: Vice City
Super Meat Boy
Rayman Origins
Beyond Good and Evil
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Deus Ex
Golden Sun
Perfect Dark
Super Mario 3D World
Shadow of the Colossus
Portal

CTRL F SOULS
0 RESULTS :eek:

Afrocious

Persona 4 not found

1389624319222.jpg

Woffls

I'll try this later and get bored at about 40. Respect to anyone with the dedication to create a top 100, ordered or not.

What do you like about Grim Fandango? I started playing it a few months ago, but I found it to be a bit too difficult for my liking. Maybe I'm just not an adventure game kind of guy. I loved the writing, though.

Well, no Souls is a crime, but not as bad as your inclusion of Final Fantasy 10.

This is much worse than the Edge list that I'm guessing you're reacting to.

Also OoT and Super Metroid are great, but nowhere near the best games of all time, unlike Dark Souls, which rightfully sits at the top of Edge's list.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I would never be able to pick a top 100; I have trouble with top 5... Have to replay a ton of them, because nostalgia clouds my memory.

What do you like about Grim Fandango? I started playing it a few months ago, but I found it to be a bit too difficult for my liking. Maybe I'm just not an adventure game kind of guy. I loved the writing, though.

The atmosphere it creates is unparalleled, there isn't really anything quite like it. The writing as you said is superb and it's extremely rewarding on your first playthrough when you finally solve a daunting puzzle. I think it's more enjoyable on the second playthrough but due to the cryptic difficulty in some portions of the game it would be quite near the bottom of the list if I were to list them numerically.

Gbraga

DMC getting no love today.

I would never be able to pick a top 100; I have trouble with top 5... Have to replay a ton of them, because nostalgia clouds my memory.

Me neither. As I said in the Edge thread, I don't think I've played 100 good games in my life.

dealer-

Same, I don't think I've even got an outright favourite game. I pick holes in everything, so I'm never sure if I actually loved a game after completing it.

zonezeus

Rename it Top 100 Console Games of All Time With 5 Token PC Classics and I'll give it a solid 4/10.

10/10 for effort though.

Farks!

Wow! This list written by another person than me doesn't represente my tastes and opinions at all! Therefore I shall condemn it as a bad list!

Acosta

1. Ocarina of Time

zzzzzzz, no need to read more. So boring.

The time Ocarina would be "best game ever" is long passed, move on.

A Link to the Past is better

Why not? Best console shooter series of all time.

Sure, but A) isn't it still pretty broken?, and B) doing a collection like that is cheating in a 'Best Games Ever' list. Why not also include Super Mario All Stars instead of SMB3, or Zelda: Collector's Edition instead of OOT?

Sure, but A) isn't it still pretty broken?, and B) doing a collection like that is cheating in a 'Best Games Ever' list. Why not also include Super Mario All Stars instead of SMB3, or Zelda: Collector's Edition instead of OOT?

I feel it stands out as it's own game, only real way to play these games online (3 and 4 are still up and running on 360 but with dead communitys) and there's a remake of Halo 2. Super Mario All Stars is a good example as it's a similar case to Master Chief Collection, however I didn't feel All Stars surpassed the originals for some strange reason, can't really explain why.

Shadoken

OOT at #1 is sooo 2000s .... Gotta get with the times brah.

I see MvC2 and Phantasy Star 4 , thats all thats needed. 10/10.

If the Master Chief Collection is a valid choice, then there's no way that Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World isn't the greatest video game in human history now and forever.

If the Master Chief Collection is a valid choice, then there's no way that Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World isn't the greatest video game in human history now and forever.

Explained in the post above but I did have Super Mario World on the list so I have no argument.

The atmosphere it creates is unparalleled, there isn't really anything quite like it. The writing as you said is superb and it's extremely rewarding on your first playthrough when you finally solve a daunting puzzle. I think it's more enjoyable on the second playthrough but due to the cryptic difficulty in some portions of the game it would be quite near the bottom of the list if I were to list them numerically.

Shame that a lot of the game is pretty difficult, but the writing is definitely something to be praised. You don't see that very often in games. The Last of Us is probably the most recent one.

I noticed that your list is mostly console games, with a few older PC games. Have you gotten into PC gaming recently? There are a lot of games that are definitely worth your time and there are a ton of resources that can help you find games if you're interested. Browser/Flash games are pretty great, too. I'd probably put a couple on my top 100 list.

Well at least we know where this list belongs:

giphy.gif

Probably the opposite of Grim Fandango, in that the writing is utter garbage, but the game itself is quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom