• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"My Weekend In America’s So-Called ‘Rape Capital’"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
This made me remember a time back in college where I had a roommate who was absolutely terrified some girl his buddy knew was going to accuse him of rape. Hooked up with her at one of our parties, got her into bed and at some point several minutes into sex she said "hold on a sec" while he was thrustin' away. At which point she got up, got her clothes back on and fucking RAN out. He never heard from that girl again, but he was scared shitless for several weeks. All it takes is for a girl to regret the decision, to tell you to stop right in the middle of the act before you can get a chance to react and stop, and your life is potentially ruined.

Is it okay to just quote the entire article? Adding a link doesn't really change the fact that it's copyright infringement. Then again, I can't claim to know Gawker's stance on reproduction of their articles, apologies if OP is better informed than I.

Is it okay to just quote the entire article? Adding a link doesn't really change the fact that it's copyright infringement. Then again, I can't claim to know Gawker's stance on reproduction of their articles, apologies if OP is better informed than I.

You are correct, you are not supposed to quote the whole article.

Al-ibn Kermit

what if you can liek totally tell she wants it even though she's playing hard to get and then she's all like 'NO WAY' but you know deep down she really means yes and you just have to be persistent and help lighten the mood a little with a beverage and then she's like 'Nooooooooooo....' and kinda trails off and you know she was about to say ok at the end before she just got a little sleepy.

?

If they say no twice, they're really saying yes. I mean why else would they do that?

And the third is that the girls in Missoula are the type who "make shit up for attention." Girls "cry rape" in Missoula, say the girls of Missoula, who are often quicker to blame "sluts" for getting themselves into sketchy situations than are guys. I'm told over and over again that, thanks to the allegations that have surfaced over the past few months, more and more girls are blaming their post-hookup shame on the guys they — in the minds of so many of the Missoulians I meet — happily and carelessly took home the night before.

marrec

Banned
This made me remember a time back in college where I had a roommate who was absolutely terrified some girl his buddy knew was going to accuse him of rape. Hooked up with her at one of our parties, got her into bed and at some point several minutes into sex she said "hold on a sec" while he was thrustin' away. At which point she got up, got her clothes back on and fucking RAN out. He never heard from that girl again, but he was scared shitless for several weeks. All it takes is for a girl to regret the decision, to tell you to stop right in the middle of the act before you can get a chance to react and stop, and your life is potentially ruined.
Would somebody please think of the Rapists?!

Not that your friend is a rapist, innocent until proven and stuff.

It may be fucked up, but if you're worried about this happening to you, your phone most likely has audio/video recording capabilities. Protect yourself.

It may be fucked up, but if you're worried about this happening to you, your phone most likely has audio/video recording capabilities. Protect yourself.
how does one record themselves being raped

"Hold on rape guy, I need to set my phone on the side table real quick so I don't lose it while you are raping me. Don't mind the shutter sound."

Nail

These girls shouldn't be getting into these situations in the first place. Why come into contact with a place where you know men are drunk?

Hell it probably wasn't rape at all. I mean in parties girls often dress promiscuously. So they were probably asking for it and now they're just lying to get attention.

I think you just gave me an aneurysm.

The police are the issue in this case. It's negligence on their part that has allowed this lax attitude to permeate the town. I'm glad the campus lowered the burden of proof. The women shouldn't be afraid to report an assault. The case of the missing pants is ridiculous.

It's sad that we would have to go this far. This is not on the victim - either the raped or the falsely accused.

theBishop

Banned

Evo4G has a kickstand. Just make sure you put it below waist-height because the camera will look about 30-degrees up. Rule of Thirds is the way to go, unless you're going for something different creatively. And of course, lighting is crucial. Best to bring an external light source, but if not, white florescent lights work in a pinch.

good luck.

Damn shameful, Missoula. I love Montana but the article makes Missoula sound like a shit hole of humanity. Also, this behavior is common throughout college town USA it says. Good luck out there people, watch out for yourselves!

"Hold on rape guy, I need to set my phone on the see table real quick so I don't lose it while you are raping me. Don't mind the shutter sound."

Referring to guys worried about being accused of rape when they bring home a girl who later regrets the tryst and calls it a rape. If you're a girl that's scared of being raped, travel in packs and never allow your friends to leave (or to go into bathrooms with Ben Rothlesberger).

Milchjon

I understood equap's picture as a plane flying away? Otherwise, wouldn't he just use the standard picture? I'm not sure I really get the ban.

Amagon

3 bans in less then 40 posts, 2 of them perma? New NeoGaf record?
They were asking for it.
M03Si.gif

marrec

Banned

"Hold on rape guy, I need to set my phone on the side table real quick so I don't lose it while you are raping me. Don't mind the shutter sound."
I am inventing a new iPhone app called Vagina Cam that senses you're being taken advantage of sexually and then turn on the camera.

Then calls you a slut.

This kind of article makes me sick inside. It really makes me wonder how many of my female friends have been sexually assaulted on some level and just haven't told me/told anyone.

I've never understood how a guy could think it's okay to take advantage of a girl sexually. Or furthermore, why police often play with kid gloves when women report this kind of stuff. A star football player is still an asshole if he tries to rape a girl. Nobody's above the law.

coldvein

Banned
Damn shameful, Missoula. I love Montana but the article makes Missoula sound like a shit hole of humanity. Also, this behavior is common throughout college town USA it says. Good luck out there people, watch out for yourselves!

that's mostly my reaction to it. calling msla rapetown usa isn't really fair. not that i expect internet journalism (??) to be fair. it's a college town. college kids get fucked up and do fucked up shit to eachother. that's a bad thing, but it is in no way specific to this town.

Gaborn

Ok, upon request I edited it down some

Referring to guys worried about being accused of rape when they bring home a girl who later regrets the tryst and calls it a rape. If you're a girl that's scared of being raped, travel in packs and never allow your friends to leave (or to go into bathrooms with Ben Rothlesberger).

So never be alone with a trusted male friend, acquaintance, colleague or boyfriend. Sounds reasonable.

Yah it honestly sounds like Pullman etc where you have semi-isolation and a large college. Stuff tends to get crazy real quick IME, just seems to be much worse here.

This kind of article makes me sick inside. It really makes me wonder how many of my female friends have been sexually assaulted on some level and just haven't told me/told anyone.

I've never understood how a guy could think it's okay to take advantage of a girl sexually. Or furthermore, why police often play with kid gloves when women report this kind of stuff. A star football player is still an asshole if he tries to rape a girl. Nobody's above the law.

We live in a world where the admin at a major university (Penn State) turned their backs on little boys being raped by a football coach. Clearly we don't all share the same priorities. The perpetrators are trash, but when the perpetrators have protection, that's just scary.

marrec

Banned
Maybe we should instead focus on girls not getting raped?

The only person I've ever known to be accused of rape was done so by a crazy person he knew who didn't live near him. I don't think false accusations are nearly as common as genuine ones.

Gaborn

Excuses right here. If someone violated me, the last thing I would worry about is getting called a name. I would want that person arrested.

Reality is never that simple. Especially if you have your lawyer telling you the defendant is going to make you look like the victim and that they might not even get that much time, it's just a he said/she said thing...

http://www.ottsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/airplane.jpg

I don't understand this airplane sunset GAF meme. Can someone explain it to me, so I don't use it in the wrong context, and get banned myself?

And girls in that area shouldn't go to those bars anymore. They could try bars in neighbouring cities, so that the bars see the girls leaving, and ramp up security for them?

Maybe we should instead focus on girls not getting raped?

Maybe don't cherry pick a response of mine that was directed to the guy who's friend was worried about a girl accusing him of rape. I imagine the experience for someone falsely accused is quite awful as well. And the article seems to indicate people thing false accusations are huge problem in that town.

mrbagdt

whenever i read these college stories it sounds as if all people do in college is drink. i liked to party in college and i did my share of drinking, but it was not a 5 days a week situation. these articles make it sound like the school is nothing but alcoholics and every morning every single person he interviews is recovering from a hangover. i have to raise an eyebrow on the whole thing because of it.

All men I haven't met yet are at some point strangers to me. Or did you forget that one.

Sure, if the only places you meet men are in bars while inhaling alcohol. Context. It's a good thing to have. Most of my friends I met at work or at school. No alcohol involved whatsoever. Real trust formed. There's a difference.

Sure, if the only places you meet men are in bars while inhaling alcohol. Context. It's a good thing to have. Most of my friends I met at work or at school. No alcohol involved whatsoever. Real trust formed. There's a difference.

The irony being that men we trust/know are more likely to rape us. So wait. What's your point again? Oh right more the onus is on the victim crap from the peanut gallery.

No I have not. If o did I rather they caught the fucker and I can live with name calling.

If the cops take you seriously. If the prosecution gives a shit. If you're not socially ostracized. If your own friends don't think less of you. If people on campus don't sneer at you for "ratting" on their friends. It's simple right?

pompidu

All men I haven't met yet are at some point strangers to me. Or did you forget that one.

Stop victim blaming.
Put words into my mouth don't you. A victim should go to the authorities and stop worrying about names they will be called. I the only one who was picked on in high school??

Put words into my mouth don't you. A victim should go to the authorities and stop worrying about names they will be called. I the only one who was picked on in high school??

Nice false equivalency now read the post above the one you just made here.

whenever i read these college stories it sounds as if all people do in college is drink. i liked to party in college and i did my share of drinking, but it was not a 5 days a week situation. these articles make it sound like the school is nothing but alcoholics and every morning every single person he interviews is recovering from a hangover. i have to raise an eyebrow on the whole thing because of it.

You've obviously never been to a party school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom