• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious painful illness. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

Have you ever had a cold sore before? This sounds like what happened to me the first time I got the cold sore virus. Just completely ruined me for a few days.

Sorry guys. Can't get good enough close up pictures with my pixel :(

Update - went to dentist and he took a quick look and was like "yeah you should see a doctor and ask for a blood test" :I was able to get an appointment for 5:20 today.

Infection update. More sores but pain is managed by now. It seems to be eating away my gums near the toothline on the front and back of the bottom front teeth. I'm scared.

Still too painful to chew anything.

Have you ever had a cold sore before? This sounds like what happened to me the first time I got the cold sore virus. Just completely ruined me for a few days.

Don't think it's that. I know I have HSV-1 already.

The sores make it sound like it's from a viral infection. I had something similar when I was a kid called herpangina. Do a warm salt water rinse every few hours and see if it helps.

I had the same thing as a kid. I'm surprised the Doc didn't give OP any sort of mouth rinse.

OP. See if you can pick up some sort of special mouthwash at the drug store.

Another update. Went to my general care facility and they were much more informed. She did say it sort of resembled acute gingivitis/periodentitis. She also scheduled a full blood test and HIV test as she wants to make sure its nothing more serious.

Also got a lidocane mouthwash prescription in the meantime.

Guffers

Have you tried the Department of Diagnostics at Princeton-Plainsboro?

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom