• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ |OT| Time is money

First time I launched the game, I didn't run into that Windows 10 Anniversary problem with the Xbox One drivers. Now I am and the game's unplayable.

Was briefly tempted to opt into the Insider program again, but last time I did that, they pushed me an update that BSOD'd my computer every time I let it idle.

depward

Ugh that sucks. Is that a bug fix (in which case, submit ticket here) or a W10 issue? Never encountered it as I'm using a wired 360 controller.

Having double-dipped, this feels a lot like when I was playing N+ on DS / PSP. Whereas those versions had some platform-specific levels, this doesn't. But it's kind of fun practicing a run on one version a lot, finally getting it, then loading the other and going through piece of cake.

epmode

First time I launched the game, I didn't run into that Windows 10 Anniversary problem with the Xbox One drivers. Now I am and the game's unplayable.

Was briefly tempted to opt into the Insider program again, but last time I did that, they pushed me an update that BSOD'd my computer every time I let it idle.

Try opening the Xbox Acessories app. It'll update your controller's firmware if it's out of date. I *think* it fixed the problem for me. Or it could have been a coincidence.

Try opening the Xbox Acessories app. It'll update your controller's firmware if it's out of date. I *think* it fixed the problem for me. Or it could have been a coincidence.
I'm on version 2.3.2385.0 and the problem still exists.

Not sure what version the Insider version is on.

depward

Great fun playing this again on PC. Such an incredible amount of levels and THAT SOUNDTRACK!

It really is pure platforming greatness.

Hey so I must be an idiot or something.

I have N++ on Steam. How do I go about playing local coop? I click on the coop button and the level loads but there is only one ninja.

How do I get the other to spawn? Do I need to connect another controller or can I play on the singular keyboard?

Guttertrash

Neo Member
This game is beyond amazing. Best platformer in years. The music is awesome and the graphics are amazing; some of the color schemes are unreal.

The user created levels are much too hardcore for me though! I'm still working through the normal levels. I'm about finished with the third row of both the N++ levels and the old level set.

Opa-Pa

I guess I'll ask again here since the Steam release thread died afterwards.

Is this a completely new game or a much improved version of the DS game? I'm getting this either way, just want to make sure I'm not missing any content by skipping the DS version.

Is this a completely new game or a much improved version of the DS game? I'm getting this either way, just want to make sure I'm not missing any content by skipping the DS version.

I mean, kinda... both? It's a new release, and a refined sequel to N+ with over 1000 new levels as well as an equal number taken from N/N+ and remastered for 1080p in the new engine.

It's basically the final and ultimate iteration of the N series.

Guttertrash

Neo Member

It's a new game. Theres a ton of new levels, but it has the same formula as the DS game, albeit with better graphics and music. It also includes a bunch of older levels from the past N games.

If you liked the DS version, you'll love this one.

mare

Neo Member
Hey so I must be an idiot or something.

I have N++ on Steam. How do I go about playing local coop? I click on the coop button and the level loads but there is only one ninja.

How do I get the other to spawn? Do I need to connect another controller or can I play on the singular keyboard?

hey,
you should be able to rebind player 2's controls (in the Options menu) to be whatever you want. There are some bugs with players joining/leaving atm -- IIRC you have to press F2-F4 to join P2-P4. We're fixing it, sorry about that! Let me know if you still have problems.

Dinjoralo

I'm having a weird bug where I can't unlock any options after the 360 second timer bar. That always locks itself after I exit the game, and is unlocked again when I get another option unlock. My colors are unlocking as they should. Is anyone else having this, too?

Nobody playing the Legacy levels. I'm getting third in some of the early levels and I'm not even good at this game.

Got a booster pack and crafted an emote and a wallpaper. Should've just sold the cards I think.

vermadas

The Ultimate Edition update is now out on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/NinjasPlusPlus/announcements/detail/1291814121777036163

At long last, N++ Ultimate Edition is here! Now there's even more to love about N++ :)
It's a free update for anyone who owns the game; we went back and forth on whether or not to charge for this DLC, and decided that we really wanted to encourage more people to try N++, and that this might be a great way to do it!

This update contains a ton of new content, doubling the number of levels, colour schemes, and ninja headbands.
It's like an entire second N++, for free! It really is a game that could last a lifetime.

There's also a brand new singleplayer game mode called Hardcore.
Hardcore was designed for fans and especially highscore competitions -- in contrast to the regular Solo mode, in Hardcore the clock is always ticking and every death counts.
This transforms N++ into the ultimate skill-based challenge, adding another echelon to strive for in your quest for ninja glory.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/flSoFw4-VyU

XaosWolf

I know they're working on getting the game out on the XBONE right now and according to their twitter: "Ultimate update is coming soon"

I don't see them releasing the standard edition on XB so my guess is they'll update the PS4 version at the same time they release the XB version. (Which they're aiming for Summer 2017 according to their blog)

*Splinter

I know they're working on getting the game out on the XBONE right now and according to their twitter: "Ultimate update is coming soon"

I don't see them releasing the standard edition on XB so my guess is they'll update the PS4 version at the same time they release the XB version. (Which they're aiming for Summer 2017 according to their blog)
That's what I'm hoping for, and I just found this: https://mobile.twitter.com/metanetsoftware/status/871062172025180160
thanks! :D we're hoping that the Xbox One version and the PS4 patch will arrive at around the same time.

Technically that's the same "coming soon" we've had since April, but fingers crossed anyway.

Edit: ninja'd :p

Alkuk

Neo Member
Hey hey, Ultimate Update PS4 out now! OMG, they did it! Thank you!
Btw.: Every JnR fan needs to buy this, it is fantastic!

Alkuk

Neo Member
I like this game so much, but sadly enough, it seems there is a new bug, at least for me!
Ihad 3 or 4 times this error while playing: Game crashes and next start it shows „attract mode data is corrupt. Press triangle to delete ...“
I restart the game and it works ... a couple of level/minutes/hours!?
So frustating. Was in the 4th and one time in the 5th level of some difficult episode and had to restart from lvl 1 :)

System is PS4, nick is Alkuk, version is 1.06

One other thing, even if nearly nobody seems interested in this thread/game: I am pretty sure my statistics percentage are incorrect. I now the numberwang option and the secrets etc. that count towards completion percentage. But with numberwang set to 1 and having completed around 700 solo, 120 coop and 525 race level and got 466 gold badges, it shows me
Completion: 0.294780. ++ 0.000467
So there is 300 times more content? No!

I hope the developers will still fix some issues and support this jewel of a game.

Alkuk

Neo Member
Nearly every playsession is now interrupted by a crash of the game. :-(
Btw: The version I mentioned in the above thread is incorrect. Ingame it says 1.07. It's just via "options" - "update-process" where it shows 1.06 (2 times ;-))

Top Bottom