• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name one documentary that you feel people should watch and explain why

Bragr

Banned
Not sure if it qualifies as a documentary, but Tribe might be the most impressive thing I have ever seen on TV. Bruce Parry travels around and lives with various tribes, and he doesn't just stay for a weekend and leave, but he lives with them for a good while and does all the stuff they do. It's extremely eye-opening to how people live and how we lived in the past, you learn a few things about life. It's some of the most valuable footage put to film, the amount of effort he puts into all these travels is absolutely incredible.

51bjb8kquhL.jpg

bruce-parry_198231-780x405.jpeg

4770893205_64ed9e2d7f_b.jpg

article-1062721-02CEADD400000578-656_468x373.jpg

The-Effects-Of-Deforestation-On-The-Penan-Tribe-With-Bruce-Parry-BBC-1024x576.jpg

bruce_parry_tribe.jpg

Ballthyrm

maxresdefault.jpg

Jodorowsky's Dune

This is one of the most consequential movie that never got made.
You follow one man dream to make a movie with all the best people available to him at the time.

It's really a great documentary about ambition and the cost of ambition.
It shows you how difficult it it to make Art when all you have to go on is the Charisma of the director.

This movie failure gave us some of the greatest science fiction of all time by partnering some of the greatest artists together.
  • We got Alien out of it
  • Star wars got inspired from it
  • The Fifth Element
  • The Incal (Comic)
  • The Metabarons (Comic)
PS: It's a damn crime that the right are a mess because the huge Story Board book itself is a work of art.

Last edited:

Quasicat

You can also eat paper and lose weight. Still not a thing to aim for.
Exactly, but in Super Size Me, Spurlock says that eating fast food is pretty much an instant death wish. At one point, he keeps saying he thinks he’s having a heart attack after eating it for less than a week.

Anecdotally, there was a summer twenty years ago, where I did subcontracting work in college for a cable company. I worked out of state for four months, lived in a hotel, and ate fast food for every meal…and I’m still alive. Spurlock claims he would be dead in another month if he continued doing it.

Top Bottom