• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NASA's Juno Mission |OT| Now in orbit around Jupiter - New images released (9/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
pls don't tell me that's the best it can do

Calm thy tits, young one.

From the website fallout posted on the previous page:

Here's a photo that JunoCam took during the Earth flyby on October 9, 2013, to whet your appetite for the quality of images that we will eventually get from JunoCam, come August.

efb12_out_locallycolorized_reproj_deseam_stitch5_crop_whitebalanced_stretched.jpg

The photos will be spectacular.

Culex

Banned
We need a continuous high res orbiter around Europa and Titan. Saturn and Jupiter's moons always thrilled me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
We need a continuous high res orbiter around Europa and Titan. Saturn and Jupiter's moons always thrilled me.

That would be great. I think NASA mentioned that Juno passed by Europa and soon, Lo. I think the camera might be shut off at this point, but I'm hoping Juno took pictures of them.

Jedi2016

Hubble took this photo:
No it didn't.
That blue aurora on Jupiter looks like it doesn't belong there. It doesn't fit with the overall colors of the planet at all.
Because it doesn't.

The aurora was captured in the infrared, and it's the only thing visible in the photo that Hubble took. What's been going around the uneducated news sites is a poor man's Photoshop of what they think it's supposed to look like. Jupiter's auroras are visible, but they don't look anything like that shitty "photo".

Disxo

So excited, is new info coming at this very moment? I really dont care about the pictures, but they are still nice.

Is the atmosphere actually dry?

Disxo

Still nothing, gonna play some ksp in the meantime.

I thought Uruguay was a pretend country from Roald Dahl, like "Peru" from Paddington Bear.
Pretend country? That's new haha.
If it were, we wouldnt have less than 6000 dollars as minimum wage. :(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This is exciting, can't wait for more pics/footage of the voyage. Thanks for the informative thread and updates.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What is this stream going to show? When they get picture in?

Data about the onboard instruments, doubt it will be a picture though.
Correct me if I am wrong

Live stream will be of NASA's HQ. Seeing the engineers and different personnel react as Juno approaches Jupiter. As well as data on the big screen for when they find out if the mission was a success or not.

They could keep the cameras on the people and I would find it fascinating. They have waited five long years for this moment. And everything until the last moment has to go right for Juno to enter into orbit.

Live stream will be of NASA's HQ. Seeing the engineers and different personnel react as Juno approaches Jupiter. As well as data on the big screen for when they find out if the mission was a success or not.

They could keep the cameras on the people and I would find it fascinating. They have waited five long years for this moment. And everything until the last moment has to go right for Juno to enter into orbit.

As have I, can remember when the mission launched. I love the payoff from these things. The Pluto thing was epic. It launched during my first year in college. Seeing the pictures when they came out was amazing. I wish we had dozens of these missions going on at the same time. Explore, explore, explore.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
NASA's Juno Mission ‏@NASAJuno

Check your attitude. Starting to turn in preparation for main engine burn. #Jupiter

itshappening.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom