• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate Wells (Lead Artist) left Naughty Dog, joined Giant Sparrow as Art Director

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Heard once that the art design process for Giant Sparrow's last game was kooky, untraditional and experimental stuff, so I have to assume there is some appeal there vs safe, don't aesthetically rock the waters AAA of Naughty Dog.

On a related note: FWIW, I believe the majority of Giant Sparrow left after Unfinished Swan wrapped?

Wozman23

This is the first loss I'm okay with. I loved The Unfinished Swan - especially for its unique art direction in the later levels - and look forward to [Edith Finch].

Jachaos

I loved Unfinished Swan, so good ! I also more-than-loved TLoU but they already have lots of people besides Nate Wells that worked on TLoU art lead.

weevles

Do you know exactly what he made in the game? Usually an art director is the cohesive glue for an art team....

It sounds like he did mostly technical direction for various scenes, sets, and such. He says the first thing he did @ND was take over The Outskirts demo and get it to completion. He also designed the Title screen with the window.

dugdug

Banned
I also have to wonder why Druckman hasn't Tweeted about this meme, if even humorously.

When he posted about the Col Rodgers thing, it looked to me like he wasn't a fan of internet shit. It spawned from being blamed for someone leaving the company he works for. Doubt he enjoys it.

When he posted about the Col Rodgers thing, it looked to me like he wasn't a fan of internet shit. It spawned from being blamed for someone leaving the company he works for. Doubt he enjoys it.

I don't see what his problem would be.

Its just sarcasm, or at least, it is now. Sure, it may have all been spawned from that dopey and erroneous IGN story. However, its become a joke now. A thing of satire. Nothing to be bitter and irate over.

Top Bottom