• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog's vitrine showcasing PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4

Globox_82

Banned
How about now? Two sleeves, handless, a chest, a seashore, all there.

V5ns4wJ.jpg

I twitted Druckmann, let's see if he responds.

looks like tombstone to me. looks like this one

7867f_gravsten_halloween_ma.gif

https://www.google.se/search?q=tombstone+skull+wings&client=firefox-a&hs=oDX&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:eek:fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XO9TUqngA_Pb4QShtIGYCA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=575&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=nZSdxilzwhzqPM%3A%3BVyzUPYgm3AvWPM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bodega.se%252Fmedia%252Fcatalog%252Fproduct%252F7%252F8%252F7867f_gravsten_halloween_ma.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bodega.se%252Ffesthogtider%252Fhalloween%252Ftillbehor%252Fskull-with-wings-tombstone.html%3B250%3B326
halloween related?

Gamerloid

Nice collection of devkits there. I noticed the lack of a Vita devkit. I guess Naughty Dog will remain a console exclusive team.

FeiRR

Banned
looks like tombstone to me. looks like this one
[...]
halloween related? maybe tlou DLC?

You're right. It looks like a tombstone.

Wikipedia said:
Sir Francis Drake, vice admiral (c. 1540 – 27 January 1596) was an English sea captain, privateer, navigator, slaver, and politician of the Elizabethan era. Drake carried out the second circumnavigation of the world, from 1577 to 1580. Elizabeth I of England awarded Drake a knighthood in 1581. He was second-in-command of the English fleet against the Spanish Armada in 1588. He died of dysentery in January 1596 after unsuccessfully attacking San Juan, Puerto Rico. His exploits were legendary, making him a hero to the English but a pirate to the Spaniards to whom he was known as El Draque. King Philip II was said to have offered a reward of 20,000 ducats,[5] about £4 million (US$6.5M) by modern standards, for his life.

I can't think of a way to link it to TLoU. Why would they need ghost pirates in a zombie land?

I like to pride myself on having a decent vocabulary, but I have to say this is the first time in my whole life I have stumbled across the word "vitrine". Thanks OP :)

Yoday

Naughty Dog are going to laugh their asses off at this thread. It's probably just Halloween decorations.

Endo Punk

UC1: Water
UC2: Snow
UC3: Sand
UC4: ????

TLOU already did vegetation and very well I might add. So I'm curious what focus ND will take with UC4.

UC1: Water
UC2: Snow
UC3: Sand
UC4: ????

TLOU already did vegetation and very well I might add. So I'm curious what focus ND will take with UC4.

what?

Uncharted = Jungle & Ruins
Uncharted 2 = Nepal//industrial & jungle
Uncharted 3 = industrial/city/ruins/desert

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Don't you guys understand? They put the PS4 dev kit in there to show that they're not going to release any PS4 games. If they were then they'd have it out on a desk. So sad. :(

what?

Uncharted = Jungle & Ruins
Uncharted 2 = Nepal//industrial & jungle
Uncharted 3 = industrial/city/ruins/desert

He is talking about the tech each setting helped them focus on. New tech for water, snow, Sand (and fire), were created for each version. If you stop and think about it. Every element mentioned was in abundance in the respective titles.

Kydd BlaZe

I honestly think Naughty Dog is working on a new IP. If the previous generations are anything to go by:

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot
Playstation 2: Jak & Daxter
Playstation 3: Uncharted/The Last of Us
Playstation 4: ???

Then again, the Uncharted series has been very successful for them, and The Last of Us still has room for more narrative. I'm sure we'll see sequels to both at some point on the PS4. However, with each new generation it seems as if Naughty Dog likes to start fresh. We'll see...

Skunkers

The world ain't fair, I tell you. I can't pay any amount of money to have a PS4 this instant, but Naughty Dog can just throw one in a glass case for scenery.

Ploid 3.0

lol Detective gaf is scary. Found out ND had spider web and tomb stone Halloween decoration with only one picture.

Also you have to know they wouldn't have sensitive information, like what game they are working on for PS4, in a area where they would display things for others to see.

Borman

lherre says debug so it is a confirmed debug :p

hint he is a developer

You can say what you want, but the PS3 clearly says TOOL, which is the development kit, the PS3 Test is the debug kit. Im fairly certain that lherre and I have crossed paths at some point, for better or worse hah. Hint : I collect developer hardware and research unreleased games to run on the hardware. You may have seen some of my videos :D

Top Bottom