• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nayuta No KIseki (Falcom, Action RPG, PSP) fan-translation released

Phenomic

Welcome to Nayuta.

It gets better once the game stops holding your hand, though, and it's very much worth sticking around for that. But yeah... the opening is pretty brutal.

-Tom

Finished it the other day so anyone happening to play it if you need a question answered its still fairly fresh in my head for the interim

Not my favorite Falcom action RPG, but definitely worth the run through and the 30 bucks it took to buy. Also Tom, had been meaning to to say it the other week but thanks for pretty much being honest that you guys aren't pursuing it as a project unless something happens with the game in the future. It's not exactly in your best interest necessarily to do that kind of thing, so I give thanks for that at the very least.

Shizuka

I got the game yesterday (JP PSN on my brother's account) and I still have no idea how to apply the patch. I'm starting to think I wasted my money on this one if I can't apply the patch.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I got the game yesterday (JP PSN on my brother's account) and I still have no idea how to apply the patch. I'm starting to think I wasted my money on this one if I can't apply the patch.

A physical copy would have been easier because now you're going to have to decrypt it. I've done it before to get Brave Story on my Vita, but I don't remember what you use to do it.

Merkunt

If you're using Pro B9 go to the Inferno Boot Menu (default input is [select]) and toggle your Read Mode to [ISO]. Rip the file to your computer, apply patch with exdeltaui.

edit: I thought it would work the same way as the UMD patching does, but apparently it doesn't?

Ooh, cool. I'm currently playing through the first Trails game and while i really like it, some action rpg would fill my need for something faster since i'm not the biggest turnbased fan.
But the talk about shit translation is really worrying me. I know no japanese at all so i wouldnt be able to point out flaws, but is the english itself too sub-par to even understand?

Voliko

I got this and played for ~20 minutes. You can understand what's going on (I think, so far at least) but it feels pretty off a lot of the time, with some grammatical errors. I doubt anyone will "re"translate it, but It could definitely use a good edit. The story is supposedly shit in the first place so I might just skip all the text.

Tohsaka

I played through the whole game, and yeah the translation is kinda rough but it's all completely understandable. I thought the gameplay was quite good, as was the music.

Vylash

It's a no-go for us as it stands, unfortunately. I can't see us pursuing this game at all unless it gets ported to another platform at some point in the future. It's a shame, as the game really is quite excellent, which is why I really hope Falcom does remake it at some point.

-Tom

awww

fan translation it is i guess

Ooh, cool. I'm currently playing through the first Trails game and while i really like it, some action rpg would fill my need for something faster since i'm not the biggest turnbased fan.
But the talk about shit translation is really worrying me. I know no japanese at all so i wouldnt be able to point out flaws, but is the english itself too sub-par to even understand?

You can fully understand the game. You don't need to know Japanese at all.

It's just that the game has a lot of grammatical errors (lots of women being called 'him' and vice-versa, stuff like that). And the story is whatever really, the gameplay is the good part.

Anyway, been playing this game for 25-ish hours so far and... It doesn't end. The game just keeps going. This is crazy. How many stages are there? >.> (don't answer, I want to find out alone)

I haven't started Napishtim yet because I wanted to beat this first, but fuck me I guess, I'll probably beat Napishtim first and then come back to Nayuta.

I wonder if Falcom will pull anything like this in Ys VIII. I love these kinds of things.

It's machine translated. As you'd expect, the translation is inaccurate and very awkward to read. But you should still be able to parse out what is going on. But the flaws are evident even to those who don't speak Japanese, there is a reason machine translated projects are generally looked down upon.

jb1234

Welcome to Nayuta.

It gets better once the game stops holding your hand, though, and it's very much worth sticking around for that. But yeah... the opening is pretty brutal.

-Tom

I haven't played it in a few weeks but yeah, it definitely picked up a few hours in and I've found it enjoyable. Gonna finish Demon's Souls and then I'll return to it.

jb1234

Finished the game tonight at just under 27 hours. It felt like it went on forever and was definitely far longer than it should been, although I had a great time for the first half or so. The biggest liability was its story, which was loaded with JRPG tropes. The teenage hero who refuses to ever give up? Check. The amnesiac meek girl? Check. The cutesy fairy? Check. The list goes on and on and there's never a point where these characters reach any level other than one-dimensionality. The villains in particular are guilty of questionable motivation, where they'd change their mind on a dime without any reason. They often give large, expository speeches which blatantly explain their eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil plan for the player. It's pretty bad.

But this genre is almost never well-written (and it's possible that a professional translation could have brought these characters better to life). We're here for the gameplay and fortunately, the hack and slash madness was a lot of fun. Vaguely Ysish but perhaps slower paced and with the platforming I missed from Ys VII and Celceta. The game started out pretty manageable on Hard but later bosses turned into HP sponges (a failing also of later Ys games) and I had to lower the difficulty. Fortunately, the game is very generous with this and even lets you lower it after you've died enough times to a boss. I wouldn't say these boss battles were as memorable as the ones in Oath in Felghana (my yardstick) but I appreciated how they'd change forms and strategies with damage taken, which helped keep things fresh.

Also of great benefit are the colorful graphics (perhaps the best I've seen on the PSP) and Falcom's usual rockin' music, one of their better recent scores. I definitely want the company to keep making fun solo(ish) hack-and-slash platformers like this. They just scratch an itch that nothing else can scratch.

Oh wow, I thought the game was very easy all the way throughout (enjoyable too, and I loved the fact that it kept going forever).

Actually, less the story and more the lack of difficulty is what I disliked about this game.

But yeah, the gameplay is great, and very fun (with each Falcom game I play I get more hyped for Ys VIII) and totally worth playing.

I actually hope Falcom takes some stuff from here and apply it to Ys VIII (like the ascending attack working as launcher and then comboing into the meteor attack).

jb1234

Oh wow, I thought the game was very easy all the way throughout (enjoyable too, and I loved the fact that it kept going forever).

Actually, less the story and more the lack of difficulty is what I disliked about this game.

But yeah, the gameplay is great, and very fun (with each Falcom game I play I get more hyped for Ys VIII) and totally worth playing.

I actually hope Falcom takes some stuff from here and apply it to Ys VIII (like the ascending attack working as launcher and then comboing into the meteor attack).

You played it on Hard, I assume? That didn't start to aggravate me until the final bosses
of the first ending
, which suddenly became very difficult. It was a big difficulty spike for me. Otherwise yeah, the game's regular enemies aren't nearly as dangerous as the ones in say, Oath in Felghana.

Is it possible to access the fourth season in all the areas? Doing New Game+ implied there were extra levels...

You played it on Hard, I assume? That didn't start to aggravate me until the final bosses
of the first ending
, which suddenly became very difficult. It was a big difficulty spike for me. Otherwise yeah, the game's regular enemies aren't nearly as dangerous as the ones in say, Oath in Felghana.

Is it possible to access the fourth season in all the areas? Doing New Game+ implied there were extra levels...

Yes, Hard. and for me, the last bosses during the main story were super easy
(the elevator boss got me super hyped, just to be a very basic and lame boss fight D=)
The rest was a step above, but a step above "super easy" is just "easy", so yeah =X
I definitely liked the "semi-setpieces" that they were.
Regular enemies are also pretty easy (one or two exception, but that's it).

And I didn't do NG+ tbh, but I'm guessing yeah, that's what they unlock.

jb1234

Yes, Hard. and for me, the last bosses during the main story were super easy
(the elevator boss got me super hyped, just to be a very basic and lame boss fight D=)
The rest was a step above, but a step above "super easy" is just "easy", so yeah =X
I definitely liked the "semi-setpieces" that they were.
Regular enemies are also pretty easy (one or two exception, but that's it).

And I didn't do NG+ tbh, but I'm guessing yeah, that's what they unlock.

I dunno, dude. I'd say I suck at video games but I beat Dark Souls a few months ago so I can't be *that* bad. ;) I will say that the true final boss was embarrassingly easy on Normal. Can't imagine it was much harder on Hard.

I dunno, dude. I'd say I suck at video games but I beat Dark Souls a few months ago so I can't be *that* bad. ;) I will say that the true final boss was embarrassingly easy on Normal. Can't imagine it was much harder on Hard.

Huh. Well, I did do all the side stuff, so maybe I was overleveled then. But I just had no trouble whatsoever =X

Top Bottom