• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Have the Nerlens-to-Lakers trade rumors been discussed here?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...w2p4mc2?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They may even be willing to give up Luol Deng for him. How generous of them!

There's no deal to be made short of the Sixers doing something crazy and dumb like trading Nerlens for Lou Williams. Noel would be an awesome fit in LA but they have nothing to trade, and I wouldn't want to give up any of the young guys for a player with only half a year left of team control before he requires a huge payday.

Bread

Banned
So we see Bazemore completely flop on the play and elbow Smart

Celtics get a 1 shot tech
Hawks get 2 shots on a "foul"

Gj refs

scoobs

Embiid did HHH's entrance at tonight's sixers game. Are we looking at potentially the greatest memer of all time (GMOAT)?

ACE 1991

As a born and bred Sixers fan, I can't express how deeply psyched I am to have Embiid on my team. The past three years of being unwatchable are worth for this one player alone.

Trusting the Process so hard rn

(Also I'd be fine with more losing by the Sixers now, I want Fultz)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
As a born and bred Sixers fan, I can't express how deeply psyched I am to have Embiid on my team. The past three years of being unwatchable are worth for this one player alone.

Yup wish we had embiid or a player of that caliber. I'm still iffy on embiid just in terms of durability, so well see though.

Right there with you man. Embiid has made this team so exciting.

ACE 1991

Yup wish we had embiid or a player of that caliber. I'm still iffy on embiid just in terms of durability, so well see though.

Me too, dude. I don't think they should increase the minute restriction much more this season, but I'm no doctor so who knows.

Right there with you man. Embiid has made this team so exciting.

The NBA must be loving him, players like him are what make them billions.

OldMan

Banned
Phill's getting pissy because this is his first stint not winning a championship and now New York's taking it out on their best point guard former MVP? Sheesh.

Same. It's nice to them win but part of me wants us to tank and get the best pick possible. At least Jojo looks like a star!
Thanks to the Nets, you'll have your shot!

Jarate

Banned
The good thing about the Sixers winning is we are still owed the Lakers pick and a Kings draft swap, so we're still in primo draft position for this year

scoobs

I think its a little funny that the Sixers can't actually tank because Embiid is too good to let them. Its actually bad for the franchise, but who the fuck cares at this point #TrustTheProcess

Mortemis

Banned
I think its a little funny that the Sixers can't actually tank because Embiid is too good to let them. Its actually bad for the franchise, but who the fuck cares at this point #TrustTheProcess

how is Embiid developing and winning his team games bad for the franchise?

is tanking all sixer fans think of. You guys got the lakers pick and swap with the Kings like Jarate said, Embiid's development should be more important than tanking imo

scoobs

how is Embiid developing and winning his team games bad for the franchise?

is tanking all sixer fans think of. You guys got the lakers pick and swap with the Kings like Jarate said, Embiid's development should be more important than tanking imo

This draft is loaded, getting one of the top 3 picks secures you a legitimate shot at another franchise player. Although I do agree Embiid developing is probably more important, it would be nice to get the best of both worlds.

The process is too imbedded (lol) in sixer fans.

You don't need a #1 pick to tank anyway. Good scouting and drafting players with very good work ethic will get you where you need to be. Also, smart trades and a good development staff too.

I don't know too many examples out of the league from the top of my head but GS comes to mind. Two lottery picks that weren't out the top 5. Lucked into Draymond. Boom, dynasty.

Can't really say the Spurs since they had their core for so long and they had that one year that was bad to get Duncan but years of dominance with good drafts and international scouting have them where they are now.

Oh, look at IT too.

TL;DR: Don't draft Bennetts and Darkos

Kieli

This draft is loaded, getting one of the top 3 picks secures you a legitimate shot at another franchise player. Although I do agree Embiid developing is probably more important, it would be nice to get the best of both worlds.

2015 draft, you mean?

Surfinn

The process is too imbedded (lol) in sixer fans.

You don't need a #1 pick to tank anyway. Good scouting and drafting players with very good work ethic will get you where you need to be. Also, smart trades and a good development staff too.
This is like the complete opposite of what the kings have done in the past 10 years or so.

Phill's getting pissy because this is his first stint not winning a championship and now New York's taking it out on their best point guard former MVP? Sheesh.

Chicago, Boston, New York, and maybe LA?

Never trust the hot takes and media reports and reported 'friction' you hear about from those markets. Those teams are under a microscope that will often find the stupidest things to make into a story

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Me too, dude. I don't think they should increase the minute restriction much more this season, but I'm no doctor so who knows.

The NBA must be loving him, players like him are what make them billions.

Same. It's nice to them win but part of me wants us to tank and get the best pick possible. At least Jojo looks like a star!

Thanks to the Nets, you'll have your shot!

Oh definitely! I'm hoping fultz is the one and we can get a shot at him. We've had a run of lottery picks starting with smart, now jaylen this year. The smart experiment is a frustrating one, but he's a solid player. I love Jaylen, but without a consistent 3 point shot at this point I just don't know when he'll get minutes considering that's what the team is looking for (personally I think his slashing could help mix it up for them). Guys like Embiid are generational players tbh so I don't expect somebody THAT good, however I hope we can have a legit building block soon. We'll see if Jaylen can be that guy.

It doesn't get any better than Joel Embiid's new Twitter profile picture.

TvLtgxqx.jpg

Will the 76ers finally win a ton of new titles and reclaim their throne as the fourth greatest NBA franchise of all time? I hope so.

Also, no that wasn't a backhanded compliment.

Top Bottom