• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

ACE 1991

Noel is a top 10 defensive big and potential 6th man, I take that value and keep it rather than dump for a junk pick that won't get me a player back of his caliber in the first place. No reason to trade him for essentially nothing.

He's about to enter RFA. I think it would be hard to lock him up to an appropriate contract (given what other teams would likely throw at him) when he'll be a career backup.

ACE 1991

"Sources: If Sixers do not receive Mavs top-18 protected pick this season, it converts to 2 2nd-round picks: Mavs 2nds in 2017 and 2018."

.... OK this was a bad fucking trade, ignore all my earlier defense of the Sixers.

Bread

Banned
Colangelo fucking up all the work Hinkie did to save that franchise in under 6 months.

Well done.
They still have all those 1st round picks, trading a guy who's about to get a max is not fucking up all of Hinkie's work.

"Sources: If Sixers do not receive Mavs top-18 protected pick this season, it converts to 2 2nd-round picks: Mavs 2nds in 2017 and 2018."

.... OK this was a bad fucking trade, ignore all my earlier defense of the Sixers.
What the fuck, he couldn't find an unprotected 1st??????

Zach LoweVerified account
‏@ZachLowe_NBA

Sources: If Sixers do not receive Mavs top-18 protected pick this season, it converts to 2 2nd-round picks: Mavs 2nds in 2017 and 2018.

Zach also says this was the best deal Philly could get because no one else wanted to give Noel a huge contract. I guess it kind of makes sense from that perspective. Who wants a rich man's Tristan Thompson?

So much true.

This drives me nuts everytime. Like, Lou Williams for a second round pick? What are the odds that this pick is, after two or three years, better than Lou?

Shit teams keep trading away good players hoping for the next Jordan in the draft and it´s the same thing over and over.

Look at the 76ers, five or six years tanking and they only have Embiid to show for, the rest of the team in complete trash. (not judging Simmons because he is yet to play).

Most of this trades are dumb, proven players for picks is usually a bad idea.

Nope.

76ers have Embiid, Noel (before BC went stupid), Simmons, Covington, TJ McConnell, and Dario Saric to show for it

Jarate

Banned
This might be the worst deal I've ever seen

That first rounder literally is fake and exists purely for headlines. If it doesn't convey (which it won't because the Mavs fucking suck) it turns into two 2nd rounders

FUCK BRYAN COLANGELO

FUCK YOU NEPOTISTIC PIECE OF SHIT

FUCK JERRY COLANGELO

FUCK ADAM SILVER

WOJ saying Jah probably staying now, despite Richaun Holmes probably being a better back-up big to Embiid and Pacers reportedly offering a 1st and Aaron Brooks for him

WOJ also saying that the Nets pick has finally entered the discussion for PG13

ACE 1991

That first rounder literally is fake and exists purely for headlines. If it doesn't convey (which it won't because the Mavs fucking suck) it turns into two 2nd rounders

FUCK BRYAN COLANGELO

FUCK JERRY COLANGELO

FUCK ADAM SILVER

Honestly I think the league just sort of dad dicked the Sixers. We had almost zero leverage.

Jarate

Banned
CUhAHPN.jpg

They got hosed on Noel, and really should have gotten something better than Anderson. Tbh, I was expecting, if Embiid could be healthy (which now eh), that Holmes became back-up while the other two were traded

ViciousDS

Banned
damn.....if boston gets PG13......god damn

Cleveland should have no chance and this will be George's revenge game when hibbert and co failed him against Lebron and teh heat

Hmmm top 3 pick or Paul George? Tough decision for the celtics. PG hasn't been playing great lately although that could be attributed to the situation he is in.

jbug617

Banned
They got hosed on Noel, and really should have gotten something better than Anderson. Tbh, I was expecting, if Embiid could be healthy (which now eh), that Holmes became back-up while the other two were traded

Saw this on twitter
Multiple sources told Liberty Ballers that the Sixers received an offer from the Boston Celtics in the offseason, centered around an exchange of Noel for Boston’s own first-round pick in 2018 or ‘19, with the former the more likely candidate to be moved.

The pick would have been lightly protected, sources say, though the specifics on the exact protections offered were unclear. This would have been designed to protect Boston against catastrophe, and the likelihood is it would have conveyed as a late first-round pick.
http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Ronin Ray

FUCK BRYAN COLANGELO

FUCK JERRY COLANGELO

FUCK ADAM SILVER

What did Adam Silver Do ?

Honestly I think the league just sort of dad dicked the Sixers. We had almost zero leverage.

Do I even want to know what this term means?

random25

Damn it Bird. I know you're buddies with your Celtics crew but not like this man.

If you're gonna trade PG13, at least include homegrown Brad Stevens in there!

Jon

I seriously am sick to my stomach. Genuinely sad. I cannot believe anyone could make a deal like this. And when the pain of losing Nerlens finally fades away, I will be reminded of it every fucking night by seeing Okafor slop it up for the Sixers.

Not to mention we currently have a pizzagate truther on our team in Bogut.

Just kill me.

Cornbread78

So Bogut is getting bought out and going to Cleveland....

So what are the Celts going to do without a Big if they get Butler or George? They need someone to rebound the ball since they are like almost last in the league. Horford certainly doesn't want to bang down low.

Is Greg Monroe worth it? What does he have left on his contract? Can he even rebound?

Jarate

Banned
What did Adam Silver Do ?

Do I even want to know what this term means?

Hinkie was the GM and NBA owners were pissed due to the Sixers tanking. (Other teams couldnt sell tickets when the Sixers played and a whole other slew of isues caused by tanking) Adam Silver essentially told the Sixers to hire Jerry Colangelo, who took over the franchise, hired his son, and left. And now his son is an incompetent idiot who now I can't trust.

If Noel has such garbage value, why don't you just wait for him to resign and trade that contract. It's not like a 23 year old center on a post rookie deal who's a defensive savant is a bad deal, and it's not like we're hurting for cap space next year

The worst part is that Okafor is once again stuck on a team he won't ever be good on. Okafor doesn't fit the system at all. So we're going to drive his value even further into the ground...

Nerlens Noel couldve easily had been gotten for a late 1st from some team. We got 2 2nd rounders and Justin Anderson who played in the D-League last year and averages 11 minutes with a horrible Mavs team. And oh yeah, Noel is younger then him...

Just fucking kill me fam, just fucking end my life. I may bandwagon any team Hinkie gets hired too tbh

I seriously am sick to my stomach. Genuinely sad. I cannot believe anyone could make a deal like this. And when the pain of losing Nerlens finally fades away, I will be reminded of it every fucking night by seeing Okafor slop it up for the Sixers.

Just kill me.

This feels like election day all over again

Cornbread78

Just kill me.

Don't worry, Bogut is going to hang out with Team Bron, so he can play against his old team in the finals.

ACE 1991

Hinkie was the GM and NBA owners were pissed due to the Sixers tanking. (Other teams couldnt sell tickets when the Sixers played and a whole other slew of isues caused by tanking) Adam Silver essentially told the Sixers to hire Jerry Colangelo, who took over the franchise, hired his son, and left. And now his son is an incompetent idiot who now I can't trust.

If Noel has such garbage value, why don't you just wait for him to resign and trade that contract. It's not like a 23 year old center on a post rookie deal who's a defensive savant is a bad deal, and it's not like we're hurting for cap space next year

The worst part is that Okafor is once again stuck on a team he won't ever be good on. Okafor doesn't fit the system at all. So we're going to drive his value even further into the ground...

Nerlens Noel couldve easily had been gotten for a late 1st from some team. We got 2 2nd rounders and Justin Anderson who played in the D-League last year and averages 11 minutes with a horrible Mavs team. And oh yeah, Noel is younger then him...

Just fucking kill me fam, just fucking end my life. I may bandwagon any team Hinkie gets hired too tbh

This feels like election day all over again

Lol when Embiid, Simmons and whatever PG they draft are on the floor and winning games like hell you will.

Just kill me.

Wth is a pizzagate truther? haha

Top Bottom