• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Has no one in her pointed out the nice move/countermove done by Lue and Kerr?

Dray has his 4 fouls, Lue does the smart decision and puts Frye at C thinking Zaza would be put in

Kerr did a smarter move and put KD there, breaking everything apart

Nice to have a 7'0 SF who can play PF or C if need be

Or you just play your best players lots of minutes which Kerr did better than Brown. He staggered KD and Curry so at least one of them was on the floor basically every minute. Brown would sit Curry and Durant at the same time for stretches because he's an idiot...Klay is a good offensive player but he's not that dude like a Curry or Durant.

I feel like this series is over. I don't want Cavs/Warrriors part 4. Wouldn't mind if Lebron retired. What more does he have to prove? He has said that over and over since winning last year. He won one for the Land. Going to another team for better odds against the Warriors would be career suicide at this point. Why keep playing for rings at the age he is at? And will sticking with the Cavs for more losses in the Finals for the next few seasons be appealing for him? He won't catch Jordan's 6 rings. He won't reach Kobe/Duncan's 5. Maybe the Cavs can make some roster adjustments and he could pull off a 4th championship in a few years and retire on that

LeBron is 32 dude.

Series is probably over. Warriors playing a good game is unstoppable. Warriors playing a mediocre game still requires a very good effort from the Cavs.

BUT, Thompson and Kyrie can't be so bad the whole series right? Maybe the home crowd pumps them up? I still don't expect a sweep unless Kyrie and Thompson have really good game 3's but the Warriors are also firing on all cylinders.

LionPride

Banned
Or you just play your best players lots of minutes which Kerr did better than Brown. He staggered KD and Curry so at least one of them was on the floor basically every minute. Brown would sit Curry and Durant at the same time for stretches because he's an idiot...Klay is a good offensive player but he's not that dude like a Curry or Durant.
Feel like you're underestimating how intelligent that decision was, a lot of coaches ain't gon do that. At all.

Tom Penny

Feel like you're underestimating how intelligent that decision was, a lot of coaches ain't gon do that. At all.

Lot's of coaches aren't smart enough to sub in a player that will shit all over the other player on both ends of the court? Lue subbed out Frye immediately so does that make him Red Auerbach for recognizing it?

J2 Cool

Which Lebron team was better?

A)2012 Heat
B)2013 Heat
C)2014 Heat
D)2016 Cavs
E)2017 Cavs?

And how would you rank them in order?

2012 Heat. Lebron was keyed in, Wade could still get to a high level, and they figured out it was Lebron's team. They took apart OKC. 2013 Heat had the streak but should have lost to the Spurs. A Manu free throw or rebound away.

Order:

2012 Heat
2016 Cavs
2013 Heat

2017 Cavs
2014 Heat
2015 Cavs

beat

There was a period in the regular season where Kerr nearly never staggered Curry and Durant's minutes. I forget the precise reasons, but I think it was justifiable. Maybe it was that the bench + Durant wasn't that productive. Anyways, it sounds dumb but trust me, Brown wasn't deviating from Kerr's rotation schemes.

Nj1yZXo.jpg

LionPride

Banned
Lot's of coaches aren't smart enough to sub in a player that will shit all over the other player on both ends of the court? Lue subbed out Frye immediately so does that make him Red Auerbach for recognizing it?
Makes him less stubborn. I was moreso speaking on how smart of a movd it was by Kerr to just subvert damn near all expectations

TTG

There was a moment yesterday with like 3 minutes left in the half when Klay was still on the bench I thought, "it was you all along!" I'd been blaming Mike Brown for butchering Klay's rotations all post season pretty much and here was Steve Kerr doing the same.

Meanwhile Mike Brown making it hard on the Warriors for game 3. What are you doing man? Lebron and Kyrie are gonna send Curry to the bench with 3 fouls like 90 seconds into the game.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
DID SOMEONE REALLY JUST SAY LEBRON SHOULD RETIRE

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING
Stupidity everywhere. Hey, Lebron actually looked human by showing his fatique and look at those Warriors! He can't beat them. Better retire when he's near his peak and gets paid millions to play the game he loves. Makes sense to me.

And to think these numbers won't even win him FMVP
If he maintains them and KD has a few normal games he very well could. Still a lot of ball to be played.

BadAss2961

Looking at the numbers, Kyrie hasn't really been terrible or anything, he's just been contained.

Keeping him from going off was always the key to this series for GS. Bron will get his, but he's not comfortable carrying the scoring load. Love took more shots than him last game, Kyrie took more shots in both.

Kyrie killed his finals run by going Super Saiyan against the Celtics
That one play that looked bad was actually bad, dunno why he kept playing after rolling his ankle, think about what was at stake.

mashoutposse

Ante Up

Kerr seasoned his bench all year long so that they can be effective when exploiting the dated strategy of shortening the bench for the playoffs.

Pit your high quality, fresh-legged minutes against their low-quality, fatigued minutes. Keep quality up by strategically deploying 'death squad' lineups instead of leaning on half-hearted staggered rotations. That's how games are ended in the third quarter.

Has no one in her pointed out the nice move/countermove done by Lue and Kerr?

Nice to have a 7'0 SF who can play PF or C if need be

To be fair, the only way KD can guard a center in the defensive end is if the other team's center is terrible with the ball. Fortunately for GS that covers half the league, easy.

I've been watching the games this posy-season. They're both defenders that typically know where they need to be, and when to be there, and both are good at securing rebounds (Love is actually great at it, in that he has a really solid understanding of where the ball is going and how he needs to position himself for the rebound)

As for JR
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/j-r-smiths-defense-is-upside-down/

It varies.

CyQc4n2_d.jpg

I'm gonna trust this dude about basketball more than you. Love is a decent to good help defender, eh on man to man, and great at rebounding.

Even Hitta had his moment of being right. Bam Bam can't claim that

Remember when someone here said Kevin Love was a good to great defender?

My initial post LITERALLY said "remember when someone said Kevin Love is a good to great defender" and that's exactly what the quoted post says. Where is the problem?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6fkep6/warriors_shot_charts_love_and_shumpert_have_been/

A quick look into Game 1 and Game 2 shot charts reveal Warriors are offensively dominant on Small Forward and Point Guard matchups, however Shooting Guard Ian Shumpert DFG% 33.3 and Power Forward Kevin Love DFG% 36.1 impose their will on their end of the court making them brick almost every shot attempted between Left elbow, corner, block and wing.

Like I fucking said.

Wanna talk more shit, Bam Bam?

EDIT: Wait, shit, Bam Bam was a step ahead of me

JR Smith is allowing 90% shooting on defense. Never forget that one post.

Reading is hard.

rambis

Banned
Looking at the numbers, Kyrie hasn't really been terrible or anything, he's just been contained.

Keeping him from going off was always the key to this series for GS. Bron will get his, but he's not comfortable carrying the scoring load. Love took more shots than him last game, Kyrie took more shots in both.
Lol don't. Box score tells you next to nothing. He's been terrible. Most of the points he does has have been when the game has been mostly decided.

wowzors

While I think the Cavs are going to lose either 4-1 or 4-2, I really cannot stand that will Cain is on tv so much right now. Guy is a complete asshat.

Ronin Ray

Wouldn't adding rookies with even less experience make the talent level even worse?

Talent level in the NBA is higher then it's been in along time. forcing kids to play collage ball for over year doesn't increase talent and isn't enough time to build fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom