• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA JAM |OT| Whoomp, there it is!

Gotta have President Obama. EA better get that shit done pronto.

Also, wtf @ Al Harrington being on the Knicks! Update the damn rosters, please.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
captmcblack said:
Gotta have President Obama. EA better get that shit done pronto.
No kidding, he's in 2K11! Well, at least for cutscenes.

dgUBF.jpg

If he agreed to that, I don't see why he wouldn't also agree for Jam.

Gravijah

XiaNaphryz said:
No kidding, he's in 2K11! Well, at least for cutscenes.

dgUBF.jpg

If he agreed to that, I don't see why he wouldn't also agree for Jam.

Will Smith is in the game? Why wasn't this announced officially?

Busaiku

At first I was on the fence, then I thought not, then maybe I'd wait for the HD version, now I'll be getting it.

mj1108

Chico Terry said:

"EA Sports' new "NBA Jam" game for the Wii is about to top them all, however, as in addition to a hidden team of Beastie Boys, there is an unlockable Democrat team featuring President Obama, Joe Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore, as well as a team of Republicans that includes George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, John McCain, and Dick Cheney."

:lol Palin and Cheney

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I had some idea when the 360 version was going to be available... I want this badly. I'm tempted to double dip.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Mutagenic said:
No Benny the Bull or Hugo the Hornet? tsk tsk
No Blaze the Trail Cat either :( Blaze was such a fitting name for the Blazers' mascot in the early 2000's.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
MyFaceIsOnFire said:
No Blaze the Trail Cat either :( Blaze was such a fitting name for the Blazers' mascot in the early 2000's.
Haha as a Blazers fan, I can safely claim Blaze as one of the worst mascots out there. Benny & Hugo are synonymous with Jam though.

Been playing the review code, the game plays and looks awesome. The soundtrack playing during the matches is very funky indeed and Kitzrow's commentary is great, if not as lively as I remember the 1993 coin-op, but I probably have better memories of the coin-op than what it really was. Nice thing is that the commentary is quite specific to each mode, so in one of the Remix modes one has to destroy the backboards by dunking and the commentary keeps talking about that...good stuff.

The art direction is really superb, the game really feels like the game of old and the additions dont get in the way at all, since they are in separate modes. Of course, it's easier to come back to basics now that the series was run to the ground.

Very tough game to rate...playing against the CPU alone obviously isn't much fun in the longterm and this really seems like the rare game these days where playing it locally with three friends is the best thing to do. Of course online co-op in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions probably makes those versions the ones worth waiting.

theRizzle

Every team should have a legend, even if they player they chose isn't really a "legend" on the court.

I'm only saying that because I was really hoping I'd get to play as Oliver Miller.

mj1108

Was originally going to wait until this was $20 but might pick it up now.

Looking for impressions from anyone who's already got it today...

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I know you can use a classic controller, but what about a Gamecube controller? I have 2 classics and 2 GC and if I can combine the 4, I may bite.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
After playing this game for a bit and coming face to face with Larry Bird. I have to say that he is about to become the most hated video game villain.

The guy is ridiculous. You can flat out lose against him in 30 seconds or less. Ridiculous.

Aesthet1c

MiniDitka said:
No Gamecube controller support.

Wow really? I hate this crap. Nobody likes playing classic games on the Wii with a sideways Wiimote. And I don't own 4 classic controllers, nor do I plan to spend 60 bucks on 3 more just for NBA Jam.

pvpness

The wait for this one to hit the bargain bin is going to be looooooong.

Psyched they ended up getting the Beasties and the politicians in it!

MiniDitka

Lakers vs Celtics(BIG-HEAD) -
Knicks vs Bulls will be up soon.

Edit:Something got screwed up in the conversion process with the Lakers/Celtics vid so I'll have to do it again.

wow at all the (good) reviews!

the questions is: Will the HD versions will be rated even better and should I wait for them? i mean, they have online and all the stuff added from the Wii version, right?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
mj1108 said:
Pick an excuse:

1) It's just like the original.
2) Laziness.

I'll pick #1.
They better at least have win/loss% for initials, and hopefully additional stats beyond current game stats.

Top Bottom