• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC: SecState Tillerson was on verge of resigning in July, called Trump a "moron"

Culex

Banned
This is such a carnival that it made my day.

Sec of State is forced to hold a news conf but doesn’t actually deny what he said...amazing!

HC6OGZ7.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/915596990674849792

Edit: Posted above.

Story now confirmed true.

Surfinn

This is such a carnival that it made my day.

Sec of State is forced to hold a news conf but doesn't actually deny what he said...amazing!

This is really the best thing that happened.

"Today, I'm here to tell you that these allegations are silly"

/doesn't actually deny calling Trump a moron

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Great job silencing the reporting on this division, Donny. As ever, your media instincts are perfect.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I actually wonder if Bannon is one of the sources for this. Trying to put distance between Trump and Tillerson.

Yeah. I’m still trying to figure out what the Republican Party will look like after Trump. He has completely destroyed them from the inside. Ryan, McConnell, “the establishment” are absolutely despised by the base. The only way forward is more Trump like characters.

You're severely underestimating two things. First, party loyalty.

That (R) on the ticket is an automatic win in a lot of the country, whether they hate "the establishment" or not.

And second, it's all too easy to act like Trump. Anyone willing to be a shitbag in public can cover his talking points. The guy makes Sarah Palin look like a genius. He hasn't destroyed the GOP at all. He's made it that much easier for any fucking moron to become a viable candidate. Expect the first post-Trump primary to be 50 GOP wannabes falling over each other to out-Trump everyone else. Best case scenario, they're all trying to out-shout the others about how unfair Trump's impeachment was.

Putting Pence in the WH was a master stroke by the GOP. He's probably the only reason those outside of Trump's inner circle are willing to stick around.

Imagine if Trump got to pick his VP. Probably would have been The Mooch or someone equally incompetent.

Most of the GOP base only voted for Trump because they saw themselves essentially voting for Pence.

I actually think Pence being president will be an even bigger nightmare of setting the country back decades, as he would be competent and ruthlessly efficient in getting it done.

White evangelical nationalist are a scourge on our country. The faster they retreat to the wood works from where they came, the better.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Tillerson is not some calculating mastermind. He is extremely bad at his job because he lacks the competence for it.

For instance, a calculating individual would not call the president a fucking moron in front of the NSC staff!

that's not giving tillerson the scrutiny he deserves. He's not trump who could live of of failed businesses. Tillerson had to survive by actively being the CEO of the biggest energy company and polluter in the world. You dont get there by being incompetent. These guys are smart enough to screw us all

Steejee

The president made the secretary of state hold an emergency press conference because his feelings got hurt.

One where he didn't even deny calling Trump a moron, only that he'd never consider resigning.

This administration has the unique talent of confirming things accidentally... make that through sheer incompetence.

Korigama

Naturally, while visiting a hospital just now where victims from the Vegas shooting were being treated, Trump couldn't resist telling reporters that the Tillerson story was fake news and that NBC made it up.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Naturally, while visiting a hospital just now where victims from the Vegas shooting were being treated, Trump couldn't resist telling reporters that the Tillerson story was fake news and that NBC made it up.

Footage? I need my 2 Minutes Hate. Over and over. Every damn day. Sigh.

Top Bottom