• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Car list

That's not the final list as there hasn't been an official announcement from Ghost EA yet. That being said, it will likely be the final list. Missing some big names there, (350Z, Audi, Aston Martin, etc) but they will likely be a part of the expected expansions.

Given how you an only own 5 cars at a time and you'll basically be upgrading them from scratch each, 51-60 possible cars is enough for now.

BMW M3 (E46), Subaru BRZ, Skyline R34, Honda NSX and Lamborghini Murcielago are enough for me to toy around with.

Best wishes.

DrkSage

Acura RSX-S

Honda Civic Type-R

Honda NSX Type-R

Honda S2000

Mazda RX7 Spirit R

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR

NISSAN 180sx Type X

NISSAN Fairlady 240ZG

NISSAN GT-R Premium

NISSAN Silvia Spec-R

NISSAN Skyline GT-R KPGC10

NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1993

NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1999

Scion FR-S

SUBARU BRZ Premium

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI

Toyota GT86

Toyota Sprinter GT Apex

Toyota Supra SZ-R

Hmm... I might just check this game now.

MRORANGE

LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV!!!
LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV!!!
LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV!!!

The king is back baby!

DtVuWMQ.jpg

v1lla21

Why no mk6 or MK7 GTI or R? :( I like the mk1 but c'mon. the other two cars I care for are there! Focus RS and Silvia!

Pretty nice car list. One notable omission is the 350z, which they could've fit in rather than the various skylines, given that it was a noughties staple of drift culture and fronted the last driving focused F&F film.

Bandit1

Yeah it's almost as if people customise cars outside of North America.

Mind blowing I know.

Muscle cars never got huge representation in NFS games and that because Muscle cars aren't exactly popular outside of America. German and Japanese cars have enthusiasts wordwide. Massively more so than Muscle cars do anyways.

I'd expect Dlc for this game though.

I'm sorry, but I thought I made it clear that I don't have anything against Japanese and European cars, I like all types of cars, so the sarcasm is unnecessary.

I don't believe that many muscle cars were exported in the late 60s and early 70s either, so it's understandable they aren't as popular in other markets. But in the last few years I've known of quite a few people personally who have sold muscle cars and even American cars from the 50s that have been shipped to Europe.

Also the game takes place in a fictional southern California, it would be a little different if the game were set in Japan. (Which would be awesome by the way)

The car list is passable if this plays like an arcade style game but with all of the sliders for control it makes me think this will be more sim-like than I care for. For those that were in the beta, how did this game handle? Was it more like Underground, or did it handle like Shift? I really only want to get this if it handles at least like FH2 did which is about as sim-like as I go. I prefer arcade style racing overall.

It feels like the right amount of cars, given the car detail and number of body kits that will be in the game. It also seems like there is a car for everyone, old, new, japanese, euro, american muscle, hatchbacks, saloons, supercars etc.

but it's a little too much "the usual suspects". I mean going for that car count in the game will inevitably lead to people saying "why is there no Audi?", "Why no Lexus?" etc. but what's really missing are the unusual suspects: The super cars that aren't in other games or the cars that are boring and common but some professional tuners made great. I'd count like 3-4 cars into that category and the rest is "I've driven that car in GT, FM, DC, PGR and multiple previous installments of NFS, I'm kinda over it, do you not have anything else for me in that car list that feels fresh?"

Rizific

interested in a lot of those cars. but what really bugs me is how car games opt to use the older style (but same model generation) of some cars. why not use the 98 civic type r? or 05 integra and 02 nsx? its the same way in forza 6 too. also wtf at no 350/370z. awesome they included the r32 but why not the r33? and they picked the worst version of the sti =(

The car list is passable if this plays like an arcade style game but with all of the sliders for control it makes me think this will be more sim-like than I care for. For those that were in the beta, how did this game handle? Was it more like Underground, or did it handle like Shift? I really only want to get this if it handles at least like FH2 did which is about as sim-like as I go. I prefer arcade style racing overall.

It was arcade-y to me though you couldn't speed turn corners at max speed. People had issues with the fundamentals of the handling but I'm not versed in racing so I can't really say.

_machine

Aside from a severe lack of 350/370Z, that is pretty damn solid list. Just the tuning aspect of the game is enough to make me consider picking up the game at PC launch, though lots depends on how busy I'm personally then. I had a brief play session at GDC and I felt the core game was solid enough for me to not care that much about the always-online aspect (even though I still think it sucks for this particular game especially).

jesu

Have they ever mentioned being able to have actual multiplayer races or is it just challenging single players you meet online?
Rivals was awful for it PvP offerings, surely they wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Skunkers

All I needed to see the Nissan Skyline GTR and Toyota Supra.

It's an Supra SZ-R though. I wonder who the hell decided they wanted the non-turbo mk IV Supra in the game. I guess since it's a game about tuning, it's not a huge deal, but what a baffling fucking decision lmao.

B3N1

I really hope that civic is an older model. Honda shit the bed with their civic designs from like 01 onwards. Getting the classic civics in games is unheard of usually.

Solid list. GTR, Supra and classic skylines have me buying this.

It's the 6th gen hatchback (EK9). I like the EP3 design more but this is great too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I actually thought about picking this up just based on the fact that I thought I'd be able to rice out my car. But the only have the earlier model, an evo ix. Shame.

FaceTurn

Mazda MX-5 takes me back to when I played Underground and stuck with it despite it being a lot worse than others. I hope I get to put neon lights on the underside once more.

witness

Good list, lots of rare cars not seen in other games which is nice. The fact that you can extensively modify them visually, something I wish Forza would do-those wide body kits look incredible, greatly helps because there aren't hundreds of different cars. I'm actually pretty hyped for this.

ps3ud0

Still wish we could own more than 5 cars - 10 would have been perfect looking at that car list - though I guess even more grind for money to get them (though getting money in the beta wasn't too difficult with those 2minute $6k events)

ps3ud0 8)

TMC

Nevermind. Thought the beta had the C7. Disappointing that it didn't make the list. Probably DLC.

Top Bottom