• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo X Gold portable console details and price announced!

Shoyz

About eleventeen/11. (yes)

I think it's safe to assume then that all of the US orders will be going out by the 18th. Perhaps all the delay news is strictly for the European/Blaze units? Ironic considering how their delay email insisted that they'd have the first units due to the direct connection with Blaze, and all that about a worldwide release..

But I guess this explains why the new video was called the 'Official Launch Trailer'.

Yes Boss!

About eleventeen/11. (yes)

I think it's safe to assume then that all of the US orders will be going out by the 18th. Perhaps all the delay news is strictly for the European/Blaze units? Ironic considering how their delay email insisted that they'd have the first units due to the direct connection with Blaze, and all that about a worldwide release..

But I guess this explains why the new video was called the 'Official Launch Trailer'.

Yep, if it is shipping at Target and what-not then amazon will be shipping next week.

I cleared up some money so I'm good to go. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the system. I'm planning on putting this through the XRGB since there are extra HDMI ports on that...so I'm thinking it should look really good. Hopefully I'll finally have a home version of Nam 1975 that looks and runs well.

Yes Boss!

Come on Amazon!

I keep checking my order every few hours to see if it has gone to "shipping" No go ;-(

I got my brother visiting for the holidays and I wanna get some two-player NAM-1975 on!

Shoyz

Tried Amazon support for the hell of it:

I checked the status of "NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition", and I've confirmed that it is scheduled for release on December 18. As much as I would like you to receive this earlier, there is nothing I can do since it was not yet released by the manufacturer to Amazon; I'm sorry. We expect to have your order delivered to you by December 19.

Probably shouldn't keep checking!

Shoyz

Paying extra for shipping when it's the last site to ship is pretty frustrating, yeah :(

But on the bright side, some user-feedback! Finally. via Facebook user:

OK, so far so good! As advertised. The hand-held is of superb quality and the Arcade stick is very similar to the original. I'm not to impressed with the docking station. It's doing the same thing the one did on the promo vids I've seen. You really have to push it down for it to stay closed. But, in reality it was all 199.00 so I'm pleased. I've only hooked it up through the HDMI port, but it seemed to work fine. The aspect ratio was 16x9, so it was stretched. I'm going to fiddle around with it to see if I can get the aspect ratio right on the tv. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Yes Boss!

Sounds good.

Docking station has been tracking as being the weakest link in the setup. I'm probably just going to leave the handheld in there full time. If I like the setup system/emulation enough, I'll get a second one for portable play.

kunonabi

Sounds good.

Docking station has been tracking as being the weakest link in the setup. I'm probably just going to leave the handheld in there full time. If I like the setup system/emulation enough, I'll get a second one for portable play.

yeah, the tv output stuff is really weak. I'll probably just get the portable only version and use VC/wii/ps2 collections for big screen time.

Do we know if this is actually coming to good ol' Yurop?
I looked on amazon.de for this and it costs 300€ for an imported one. No way in hell will I pay that much, I'd rather buy a real AES for that money :O

Agent X

yeah, the tv output stuff is really weak. I'll probably just get the portable only version and use VC/wii/ps2 collections for big screen time.

If the video output from HDMI is 16:9, and this machine is running emulation, then perhaps it's possible to send a "letterboxed" image. That is, the emulation would create a 4:3 image, attach black borders to the left and right sides, and send the whole thing to the TV as 16:9. The TV wouldn't know the difference, but the player would see a properly proportioned 4:3 picture with borders.

If this isn't something the system does now, then perhaps it could be added through a firmware update.

I hope that some NeoGAF users get their hands on this system soon. I'd love to get some first-hand impressions.

Talked to "gamers" friends with age of 24 and 27 yr respectively that I'm getting a NeoGeo and they're like "Neogeo? What's that?" How can they call themselves gamers without knowing NeoGeo?

Agent X

Talked to "gamers" friends with age of 24 and 27 yr respectively that I'm getting a NeoGeo and they're like "Neogeo? What's that?" How can they call themselves gamers without knowing NeoGeo?

They might be a bit young to truly appreciate it. Also, Neo-Geo wasn't exactly a household name like Nintendo or Sega or PlayStation. Despite the (relative) lack of name recognition, there's a good chance they've encountered Neo-Geo somewhere before, especially as an arcade machine. Even to this day, I occasionally see pizza parlors and diners with Neo-Geo arcade cabinets.

Mine shipped from Amazon!

As did mine!

In PA too so should be here quicklike since I'm in MD. Nice christmas gift to myself. Whoo! Can't wait for Cyber Lip and Nam-1975!
Oh man, you guys are lucky! I ordered this the moment it went up on Amazon so I'm hoping mine heads out soon too! I got mine sent to work but am off Thursday & Friday, so if it makes it Wednesday that would save me a trip in!

Just got a call from the EB where I pre-ordered; I can come pick up the system today!

Yay! :)

Playing Fatal Fury and Metal Slug and Samurai Showdown and Nam '75 with the NGPC-style thumbstick is something I'm really looking forward too! I was playing Gals Fighters my NeoGeo Pocket Color last night in anticipation!

I <3 NeoGeo

just got off the phone with gamestop

they said they're expecting a shipment tomorrow but they dont know what time.

i have a 12 hour shift tomorrow and it would be nice to have this before i go to work

Foxix Von

They might be a bit young to truly appreciate it. Also, Neo-Geo wasn't exactly a household name like Nintendo or Sega or PlayStation. Despite the (relative) lack of name recognition, there's a good chance they've encountered Neo-Geo somewhere before, especially as an arcade machine. Even to this day, I occasionally see pizza parlors and diners with Neo-Geo arcade cabinets.
I'm only 22 and I know what a Neo Geo is. Heck it was my favorite arcade cabinet back in the day. I loved the hell out of metal slug as a kid. I'm assuming it's got more to do with the kind of friends than the generation. Or at least I hope so.

24-27 would have been just hitting the tail end of the NeoGeo, if at all. Not surprising. It's not like the NeoGeo was super popular either. The thing was $700 it's not like you could stroll into your local KMart or Babbages and play it.

Peagles

I still have my doubts about this system. I'd love to get one but I need you good gaffers to convince me that it's more than a standard emulator in a fancy plastic case. Can't wait for your reviews!

Yes Boss!

What's the source of this poor video output claim that's been going around?

I guess folks are going by videos/youtubes. Not like there have been any serious reviews of this thing. Collectors should be getting this thing in the mail starting today, I reckon so reviews should be surfacing.

Looks like Wednesday delivery for me.

Can't wait to play Cyber-Lip!

Yes Boss!

only composite and hdmi out. Not a good look for older titles like these.

A whole generation of original AES owners used to only use composite. Could be better but it is certainly not a deal breaker. HDMI-out should look like what Neo Geo VC looks like on the Wii U.

I plan on playing this unit on a little 19" CRT so it should look pretty good. Also, going to put it through its paces and try connecting it to a Flamemeister via HDMI to see what type of results are gotten.

Gots Mine!!

8GAQR.jpg

Here it is surrounded by other stuff I picked up this month for the Dec Pick-Up thread... It's a good size, that's for sure - nearly as big as a Vita. I just love the stick - it feels great! a little stiffer than the one on my NGPC, but that may just be the difference between new and very, very used... :) The overall build quality of the unit itself is impressively solid; the textured back panel is nice, and the buttons feel good, though I'm not sure about the purpose of the shoulder buttons (they're used to switch between 16:9 and 4:3 on the left, or pause the game on the right). Nam '75 plays great on the small screen (haven't looked at anything else yet). The whole thing runs off a tiny little 5V 1.5A AC adapter jacked into the back of the docking station, but I don't want to have to have the docking station set up to charge it, so I plugged the handheld unit into the USB 2.0 port on my PC to see if it would charge off it and it seems to be working fine... not sure when I'll get around to setting up the docking station on a TV, but not before the weekend... I can understand how this is a niche product, but it looks great, is packaged great, and manages to play all the right nostalgia chords in this former AES owner. Very pleased with it...

Top Bottom