• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF’s Official Game Soundtracks of the Year 2012: Results and Archive

Nert

This article from Rock Paper Shotgun should be of interest to a lot of the people that participated in this thread, as it features Ben Prunty (FTL) and some of Hotline Miami's composers. In it, they discuss some of the benefits of composing music for smaller games and give some details on their own creative processes.

GhaleonQ

All, I'm sorry for the peculiar bump, but this is more for people viewing this topic in December 2013 as reference. I don't want to forget when this is more time-appropriate.

I can't emphasize enough how grateful developers are when they receive individual recognition for their contributions. You can see that from composers' responses to these contests.

Here's another: my birthday is July 4th, on our Independence Day, and Yasuhiro Kawasaki, who did what's localized as Dokuro and Illusion Of Gaia, just sent me a birthday present. He said I can't share what it is for legal reasons, but it is SO good.

This is to say 2 things:

1. Seriously, reach out to developers, especially the smaller ones. Each one I've encountered, from Game Arts to Lab Zero Games, has been so nice. You never know what you might receive in return!

2. http://www.sakuranotes.jp/Disc4817.html He put out an artist album of pan-Asian-influenced jazz, house, techno, et cetera songs, if you're interested. I should give something back.

Top Bottom