• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2014 TV Show of the Year ~Results!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Top Ten

7FbJNR3.jpg

True Detective

Niraj said:
Aside from the highlight relationship between Rust Cohle and Marty Hart, played immaculately by Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson respectively, I really appreciated how this show incorporated the setting as a big source of fear and antagonism. They made the depths of Louisiana scary. The season was full of heart-pounding moments surrounded by sometimes overwrought dialogue, but it always was entertaining and engrossing. The single-take tracking shot in episode 4 was possibly the best thing I saw on TV all year, or at the very least the most exciting.

WarrenMax007 said:
This show has it all. Amazing performances from Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, Nic Pizzolatto's precise writing full of engaging, sometimes funny dialogue, and of course Cary Fukunaga's impeccable directing with arguably the best TV cinematography achievement of 2014 - 6 minute long shot without any cuts or edits, simply breathtaking.

3maFE2i.jpg

For the fourth year in a row, Game of Thrones claims the #2 spot!

Gray Matter said:
This is one that i started watching this year after many, many recommendations. i was hesitant to start watching because it was a lot to catch on and it's a very complicated world to get into with all the characters and locations involved, i still don't know all the characters names, but its a great show nonetheless.

TripOpt55 said:
Game of Thrones is always tough to place on a list like this for me. There isn’t a show still airing that I enjoy watching more than it. Yet my familiarity with and passion for the source material leads to me being a bit more critical of it as times due to problems with the adaptation itself. That was certainly the case with Season 4 where I took particular issue with the handling of Jaime and Cersei’s relationship. Yet there was still so much to love this season. The Royal Wedding. The Battle at the Wall. Tyrion’s trial. Everything with newcomer Oberyn Martell. Based on the books, this should have easily been the best season of the show so far. While I’m not sure it was, it is still a damn good season that featured all the beautiful scenery, shocking moments, and great acting we have come to expect from HBO’s epic fantasy series and that is certainly enough for me.

rRRJwDC.jpg

Hannibal

ElectricBlanketFire said:
Beautiful in every capacity. Look. Set design. Soundtrack. The violence. The story. How quiet 90% of the show is.

Best show on TV hands down.

Monocle said:
The masterful art direction is back and more gorgeous than before. The murder-art tableaux and black humor are bolder. Hannibal's manipulation of everyone in his orbit grows more intricate and sinister.

More than ever, the second season reflects the paradox of the title character, whose capacity for empathy and cruelty, for the most exalted and depraved extremes of human nature, presents a sublime vision of evil that is disturbingly hard to square with his effortless elegance and likeable persona. We watch Hannibal as he engineers soul shattering tragedy for the least deserving, and think that it might still be nice to join him for dinner. That is the seductive power of Mads Mikkelsen's performance, which would outshine the rest of the project if the writing were less exceptional, or the rest of the cast didn't complement him so effectively. Hugh Dancy in particular deserves the highest praise for fully committing to the turbulent arc of Will Graham. His evolution in this season is powerful.

Almost every episode of Hannibal Season 2 feels like a season finale, its twists and turns pack so much punch. When the finale does arrive, it's spectacular. A truly wrenching culmination of plots within plots, whose roots stretch back to the very first episode of the series. There is no other show like Hannibal. On the surface it's a pretty decent crime procedural that takes a while to crack open and reveal a damn good drama with uncommonly lavish visuals and sound design. Look deeper, though, and you just might realize that it's the best show on television.

1LTGPUh.jpg

Fargo

Zippedpinhead said:
I knew from the moment I saw that a thematically similar TV show was being developed from the Coen Brothers seminal "Fargo" I knew it was on my watch list. The casting helped the show immensely, Billy Bob Thornton was seemingly a force of nature on a show where most of the characters are all bumbling small townspeople. Allison Tolman brought an innocence to the incredibly smart and under appreciated Deputy Molly Solverson. Martin Freeman and Colin Hanks also performed very well. Freeman can routinely be expected to do a great job, Sherlock is fantastic, but Hanks was a surprise. Mainly because his turn on Dexter was awful. Guest stars were great and used very effectively, (Key and Peele, Bob Odenkirk, Adam Goldberg, Oliver Platt and Kieth Carradine all were spectacular).

Linius said:
Well this show really caught me by surprise. As much as I loved Fargo (the film), I didn't expect the series to be this damn good. First of all Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton were absolutely brilliant. Then there's the iconic soundtrack which is very recognizable for folks who seen the movie. That opening theme sets the tone every week again. It's got a special atmosphere with it's snowy North Dakota as the backdrop. Inhabited by people with the most awesome accent in the USA probably. Man, I just love the little conversations between the locals. And of course it helps that the rest of the cast also did a great job and that they got a good script to work with. Wonderful stuff from start to end.

5r7rCIC.jpg

Mad Men

Jigorath said:
Now that Breaking Bad has come to an end this is officially the best show on television. The writing is excellent, characters are memorable, and the period is fascinating to watch.

berzeli said:
Hey AMC, give me the second half of the season you bastards... (I thought I would use this space productively in case some AMC exec happens accross this thread whilst on a cocaine binge. It doesn't need any motivation, it's Mad Men, it's great and you should watch it.)

Cornballer said:
Somewhat overlooked this year due to the truncated season, but Mad Men still operates at a level most other shows can’t touch. Sad to see it finishing up in 2015, but this is one of the greats and deserves our attention.

cvACY8h.jpg

The Flash

Kilvin said:
This show starts off at a lightning pace, no waiting for a show to get its feet wet here. Cast of characters are incredibly likeable and are so natural together. If you haven't liked previous super hero show offerings, give this one a shot as it may change your mind. The Arrow crossover a few weeks ago was amazing fan service. Grant Gustin is also an excellent actor.

Dalek said:
Pure liquified fun displayed on television. Grant Gustin is playing the most likable superhero ever, and Jesse Martin + Tom Cavanagh elevate the show to another level with their greatness as well. This is the one show on this list that I wish I could immediately watch every episode that will ever be produced of it in a row right now.

Violence Jack said:
It's refreshing to see a superhero show that's fun to watch, and not always dark and brooding. This was the best show I've watched all year.

V4p6rrW.jpg

Person of Interest

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
The best procedural on TV, cause it has evolved past being a mere procedural and being a lens through which we view surveillance, corruption, crime, evil, artificial intelligence, and all sorta of paranoia-inducing activities the human race engages in. Great action, acting, cinematography, tone, this show, everything's on point. It juggles its serial arcs, character arcs, and procedural tales like nobody's business. Watching this show from the beginning to now is some of the most rewarding TV you can check out.

Niraj said:
Person of Interest is probably the best procedural show on TV. Makes great use of its cast and guest stars, and also is great at doing long story arcs which, if they are not the focus, are still touched upon in the background in smart ways. It also has the best dog on TV, Bear.

QoH8IMB.jpg

Rectify

Empty said:
this is an extraordinary show. a really complex, dark drama exploring the logical result of how we construct our legal system with a focus on a single family and community, with tons of style as it borrows from the malick to deliver something spellbinding and often beautiful. the second season continues in the same form, with a finale that's as emotionally draining as anything, yet it packs a weaker punch than the first season as you become more used to its world, spend less time turning over in your mind what it means to be in daniel's situation and feeling sick.

Sadsic said:
Simply the best portrait of trauma I've ever seen. Pulls no punches in showing the great tragedy of life. I can't recommend it enough!

Blue Bomber said:
One of my favorites shows of last year and it’s just as good if not better this year. Mesmerizing. Charming. Sentimental. Normally, it would be strange to use such adjectives to describe a show that centers on a horrific crime that the protagonist may or may not have committed. But what makes it special is that the show is more focused on the characters and the emotional fallout rather than the grisly details of the crime itself (although that does get explored more in this season). It’s really a show about characters searching for connection with other people, with the world they lost and with the world they live in now. It's also nice for a change to have a big portion of the central cast be genuinely good and likeable people and not anti-heroes and sociopaths. (although bad people obviously exist in this world). This is a show that can bring a smile to your face one minute but can quickly bring you to tears in the next.

rQyHxQT.jpg

The Knick

ezekial45 said:
This series was the biggest surprise of the year. I was initially put off by the obnoxious TV bumps on Cinemax, but after watching the free episode on Youtube, I made a point to watch every following episode right when it premiered. Clive Owen and the rest of the cast are amazing, and Soderbergh's direction is a master class. I'm not usually partial to medical dramas, but the setting and issues of race and gender in the work place, circa 1900, makes it something much more.

Cornballer said:
Between Soderbergh’s direction, the lighting, the music, and the tremendous production, The Knick took me to a different time and place. Not sure I’d want to live there, but it sure is fascinating.

Blue Bomber said:
When I first heard that Steven Soderbergh was directing the entire first season of the Knick like a 10 hour movie, I was both excited and apprehensive because transitioning to a new medium of storytelling can be quite difficult. It turns out my fears were completely unfounded as the Knick is a fascinating and captivating show that takes place during the early inception of modern medicine in the early 1900s. I like how the story examines this period through different facets of the medical world (doctors, nurses, administrators, health inspectors, ambulances etc.) as well as touching on the social, economic and racial factors. Clive Owen does a magnificent job as Dr. John Thackery whose brilliance is only matched by his instability. In a way, Thackery is like a reflection of the time period: both equally fascinating and horrifying. (In fact, as someone who isn’t easily perturbed by horror, I found myself genuinely disturbed by some of the things that happen in this show.) But like I mentioned earlier, this is an ensemble show and the rest of the cast are just as interesting. The show also has beautiful cinematography and an eccentric soundtrack. And with a second season on the way and with Sodenbergh committed to directing the entire season again, now is a great time to catch up on this underrated show.

Aadrr4J.jpg

The Americans

LaunchpadMcQ said:
This series is what you get when you make a grounded, believable conspiracy show. The historical accuracy is [mostly] there, the characters are fleshed out, there's a growing sense of dread and tension. It really drives home what I feel to be a realistic representation of what being a spy must have been like.

Sober said:
After a fantastic first season, The Americans returned with a renewed energy and came out the gate ready with an even more stellar second season, not only ratcheting up the espionage angle, but also continued to probe the troubles of domestic life and the toll that the Cold War takes on its characters. The only arguably dull spot was the resolution to the final act of the season, but it was far enough removed from many other strong plot threads that everything else hitting its mark didn't really seem to mar the second season at all.

Linius said:
Certainly one of the surprise hits from last year, made it directly into my top 10 as the final entry on the list. And well, they improved as did their spot on my list. They managed to continue what made the first season so good and made it even better. This is one of those series that has me on the edge of my seat every week because of the tension running high constantly. The constant spy game going back and forth between the Russians and Americans is great to watch. And it's some achievement the people behind the show make me feel twisted about who to root for. And I love it how they use heavy violence only to strengthen scenes and to allow the characters having some reflection on their deeds. They don't toss around bloody scenes left and right to make it more entertaining in some way. Can't wait for the third season which is about to start soon.

11-20

A9dyZ3f.jpg

Arrow

CreeperBlocks said:
FINALLY, Superhero shows aren't crap! (Looking at you The Cape!, you piece of crap!) anyway, lets start with my favorite, Arrow, for it's third season it' starting a bit slow, but as always it kicks into high gear for mid season finales. But, this year's Crossover with The Flash was AMAZING even with the limited budget of course it still looked great. Props to you CW DC! you're making great TV!

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
While a sluggish start to Season 3 has places Arrow a a notch or two lower this year, a magnificent end to Season 2 and a fantastic Season 3 mid-season finale still make it one of my favorite shows. Amell is great as Oliver, this show has some of the most swaggerific villains on television, great action choreography, I love archery, relentless pacing, typical CW shenanigans, and crappy Olicity stuff, still places it at number 4.

oJMtCr1.jpg

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Jigorath said:
I'm not a big SNL fan so I don't have much experience with Andy Samberg but he is hilarious here. This is one of the best ensemble casts I've ever seen in a sitcom. I'd put it on the same level as Seinfeld or Arrested Development. One of the funniest sitcoms in years.

SpideySenses said:
Weak year for comedy but thankfully we have B99, which is probably more consistently laugh out loud funny than all the other comedies I watch combined.

hW7BjuI.jpg

The Good Wife

LaunchpadMcQ said:
I can't talk about this show enough, but I will keep it brief. The back half of season 5 was just phenomenal, dealing with a major occurrence and just moving with an emotional heft that is often missing from even the best dramas on any network. Season 5 was the series moving away from "the format" of procedurals, which it did marvelously and provided episodes heavily reliant on the viewer having a history with these characters. Coming into season 6, the show has topped itself yet again, delivering what I believe to be the best television episode I've seen this year and such a stupendous story arc (that seems to not have concluded, from the looks of previews). Even then, it had these meticulously crafted episodes sprinkled in between these two half seasons. Definitely the best show on television, and the one many are not watching.

TripOpt55 said:
I finally caught up on The Good Wife this year and realized what many have been saying for years: it was one of television’s best. And that was as true as ever in 2014. Even after a big shake-up towards the end of 2013, The Good Wife wasn’t afraid to further reinvent itself this year. There was the departure of a core member of the cast which the show skillfully used to drive character motivations and develop new storylines towards the end of Season 5. This Fall saw Cary go on trial. This emotional arc created some excellent material for Matt Czuchry and gave recurring guest star Mike Colter an opportunity to really flex his acting muscles as the menacing Lemond Bishop. The Good Wife also doubled down on its political side with Alicia exploring a run for State’s Attorney which allowed us a glimpse at another layer of the show’s main character. On top of all this, I continue to be astounded at the show’s attention to detail that helps fill out the space between these bigger plot points. Like the way it examined how the smallest things could play a part in the outcome of Cary’s trial or on the lighter side, the hilarious prestige drama parody Darkness at Noon. This is just some of what made The Good Wife so excellent in 2014 and my favorite show of the year.

OKk0TNL.jpg

Orange is the New Black

berzeli said:
The best show on Netflix (especially after the season HoC had) keeps playing to its strengths. One of few shows that actually manages to mix humour and drama well and it has some of the most fascinating characters on TV.

BlackFlip said:
An even better season than the first, it was so interesting getting more backstory on what might be the greatest cast of characters on television. Yael Stone as Lorna was especially incredible. The season needed more Laverne Cox though.

IIEvLPg.jpg

Louie

TheExhaustedWalrus said:
Best season of my current favorite show. I'm not even sure what this show can be classified as anymore, and I love it. So many great storylines and moments, especially the "Into The Woods" episode. Brilliant writing, directing, and acting from Louie.

Mexican Sting said:
I've said this before, but I'll type it out here; good comedians make the smartest actors, writers, directors...or even creatives in general. They are in touch with their own pain; they've dragged all of their emotions into the street and lit them on fire in front of the entire world. I have a friend who's hitting middle age soon. He's got two kids and is likely headed to divorce. His three word review of Louie's entire entertainment output? "He's a god."

lJS05HO.jpg

House of Cards

Wookieomg said:
I binged this in a single weekend, no regrets. Spacey's performance as Frank Underwood still leaves me with goosebumps. Hell of a role for the man and the he eats up the scenery like it's his second nature. So effing good.

ChefRamsay said:
I'll submit it was a bit on the far-fetched side this season, but still entertaining as hell. It's amazing that Kevin Spacey's defining role has happened so late in his career. But make no mistake, this is it.

YXwc3Z6.jpg

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hours Left said:
Biggest turnaround I've seen for a show in years. Spring boarding off the sudden leap in quality at the end of S1, SHIELD is now fresh and engaging. It provides a meaningful and exciting glimpse into what the world of the MCU can be when it stops being polite and starts getting real.

DarthOrange said:
The quality really picked up this year, and as a fan of the Marvel Universe it is great to get to revisit that world regularly through the show.

ERaE3TF.jpg

Transparent

Blue Bomber said:
A wonderful show. Though the premise may sound simple (a father of 3 children announces one day that he now identifies himself as a woman) and could easily be made for cheap laughs, the show manages to tell a believable, endearing, and thoughtful story about the Pfefferman family and how each member of the family has a tough time being honest about who they are and what they want in life. In other words, it’s a story about ‘transparency’ and how these characters struggle with not only being transparent with those around them but with themselves. It has a great cast and wonderful performances (especially Jeffrey Tambor as the aforementioned patriarch of the family). Definitely one of the most pleasant surprises of this year.

Empty said:
i'm not trans, i don't personally know anyone who is trans, so this is about experiencing something new, something outside my life experience, spending time with a family drama entirely unlike my own. this show is grounded in the terrific performance of jeffrey tambor as maura, who after an entire life living as a man decides in retirement to transition into a woman. the show follows this process of transition, as well as flashing back to how maura realizes she identified as a woman and the process that led to this decision. tambor brings a deep sadness to the performance, one where you really feel the weight on of the character of living with this for the entire life and only truly feeling themselves so late in their life and with such social consequences, but also as a comedy actor a warmth to it that comes through. it's a joy to watch. the show also follows the ripples that this has on maura's three children, whose aimless, messy and disconnected lives is contrasted with maura's strong sense of purpose and self-understanding earned over years of life experience and self-reflection. seeing these two periods of life clash between one family makes for fascinating viewing.

XEiSmsf.jpg

Last Week Tonight with John Olliver

BertramCooper said:
Last Week Tonight has pretty much perfected political comedy. It discusses critical societal issues in depth and addresses under-the-radar topics that heavy-hitters like Stewart either can't or won't.

DarthOrange said:
Absolutely blew me away. In its first year it is already way better than both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

pFICGuw.jpg

Rick & Morty

Sadsic said:
The best new comedy I've seen in a long time, a fully formed new addition to the pantheon of great adult animated comedies.

A Human Becoming said:
I've never been a fan of original Adult Swim programming asides from The Boondocks. Rick and Morty was a pleasant surprise being less crude and better animated than its predecessors. While some of the family storylines can be basic, the self aware science fiction and dialogue made this one of my favorites of the year.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Full list:

FORMAT: Rank, Name, # of points, # of votes

1. True Detective - 690 - 93
2. Game of Thrones - 605 - 94
3. Hannibal - 604 - 74
4. Fargo - 484 - 70
5. Mad Men - 268 - 44
6. The Flash - 242 - 42
7. Person of Interest - 231 - 31
8. Rectify - 228 - 27
9. The Knick - 205 - 33
10. The Americans - 179 - 29

11. Arrow - 166 - 31
12. Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 165 - 32
13. The Good Wife - 163 - 21
14. Orange is the New Black - 142 - 25
15. Louie - 134 - 22
16. House of Cards - 132 - 26
17. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 115 - 23
18. Transparent - 114 - 16
19. Last Week Tonight with John Olliver - 111 - 19
20. Rick & Morty - 109 - 22

21. The Leftovers - 92 - 13
22. Veep - 91 - 16
23. Sherlock - 88 - 19
24. 24: Live Another Day - 87 - 18
25. The Walking Dead - 77 - 16
26. The Legend of Korra - 74 - 13
27. Silicon Valley - 70 - 15
28. Penny Dreadful - 67 - 16
29. Peaky Blinders - 61 - 8
30. Broad City - 59 - 11

31. Shameless - 57 - 10
32. South Park - 55 - 11
33. Homeland - 53 - 12
34. You're the Worst - 53 - 12
35. Outlander - 50 - 12
36. The Goldbergs - 50 - 10
37. Jane the Virgin - 47 - 11
38. Review - 45 - 9
39. How to Get Away with Murder - 45 - 9
40. Gotham - 40 - 13

41. Doctor Who - 40 - 8
42. Nathan for You - 39 - 6
43. Utopia (UK) - 39 - 5
44. Boardwalk Empire - 37 - 11
45. Justified - 33 - 7
46. Halt & Catch Fire - 33 - 6
47. The Honorable Woman - 32 - 4
48. Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - 29 - 5
49. The Affair - 29 - 5
50. Vikings - 29 - 5

51. BoJack Horseman - 28 - 6
52. Banshee - 28 - 5
53. Bob's Burgers - 27 - 7
54. Kingdom - 27 - 4
55. Masters of Sex - 26 - 6
56. Orphan Black - 25 - 8
57. Over the Garden Wall - 25 - 3
58. Happy Valley - 20 - 6
59. The 100 - 20 - 4
60. Steven Universe - 20 - 3

61. The Detectorists - 20 - 3
62. Parks and Recreation - 19 - 6
63. Gomorrah - 19 - 3
64. Once Upon a Time - 19 - 3
65. Black-ish - 17 - 4
66. Community - 17 - 4
67. Olive Kitteridge - 15 - 3
68. New Girl - 14 - 3
69. Marco Polo - 14 - 3
70. The Originals - 14 - 2

71. The Colbert Report - 13 - 3
72. Scandal - 13 - 3
73. The Bridge - 13 - 2
74. Parenthood - 13 - 2
75. Hell on Wheels - 13 - 2
76. The Blacklist - 12 - 4
77. Manhattan - 12 - 3
78. The Daily Show with John Stewart - 12 - 3
79. The Strain - 12 - 3
80. Black Sails - 11 - 3

81. The Killing - 11 - 2
82. Modern Family - 10 - 3
83. Sleepy Hollow - 10 - 2
84. The Middle - 10 - 2
85. Lucha Underground - 10 - 1
86. Wentworth - 10 - 1
87. Vice - 10 - 1
88. Marumo no Okite SP - 10 - 1
89. Mike Tyson Mysteries - 9 - 2
90. Archer - 9 - 2

91. Suits - 9 - 2
92. Grey's Anatomy - 9 - 1
93. Ray Donovan - 9 - 1
94. Un village français - 9 - 1
95. A-League - 9 - 1
96. The Vampire Diaries - 9 - 1
97. The Eric Andre Show - 8 - 2
98. Babylon - 8 - 1
99. Portlandia - 8 - 1
100. Engrenages - 8 - 1

101. Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown - 8 - 1
102. The Last Ship - 8 - 1
103. Space Dandy - 7 - 2
104. Ripper Street - 7 - 1
105. Impractical Jokers - 7 - 1
106. From Dusk Till Dawn - 7 - 1
107. 19-2 - 7 - 1
108. Ainsi soient-ils - 7 - 1
109. Regular Show - 7 - 1
110. Mr. Selfridge - 7 - 1

111. Turks & Caicos/Salting the Battlefield - 7 - 1
112. Please Like Me - 6 - 2
113. Getting On - 6 - 2
114. Gravity Falls - 6 - 2
115. Comic Book Men - 6 - 1
116. 2 Broke Girls - 6 - 1
117. Longmire - 6 - 1
118. Enlisted - 6 - 1
119. Selfie - 6 - 1
120. Constantine - 5 - 3

121. Reign - 5 - 1
122. The Musketeers - 5 - 1
123. Rev - 5 - 1
124. Inside Amy Schumer - 5 - 1
125. The Red Road - 4 - 1
126. Sons of Anarchy - 4 - 1
127. Supernatural - 4 - 1
128. The Code - 4 - 1
129. Last Man Standing - 4 - 1
130. Castle - 4 - 1

131. Surviving Jack - 4 - 1
132. Whose Line is it Anyway? - 4 - 1
133. Power - 4 - 1
134. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 4 - 1
135. The League - 4 - 1
136. Adventure Time - 4 - 1
137. Kill la Kill - 4 - 1
138. The Missing - 4 - 1
139. Marvellous - 4 - 1
140. Tyrant - 3 - 1

141. The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail - 3 - 1
142. Going Deep with David Rees - 3 - 1
143. Forever - 3 - 1
144. Downton Abbey - 3 - 1
145. Masterchef Junior - 3 - 1
146. The Comeback - 2 - 1
147. Red Band Society - 2 - 1
148. Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories - 2 - 1
149. Revenge - 2 - 1
150. American Horror Story: Freak Show - 2 - 1

151. It Takes a Choir - 2 - 1
152. Prey - 1 - 1
153. Devious Maids - 1 - 1
154. Defiance - 1 - 1
155. Bates Motel - 1 - 1
156. Grimm - 1 - 1
157. Wheelers Dealers - 1 - 1
158. Cutthroat Kitchen - 1 - 1
159. Turn: Washington's Spies - 1 - 1
160. Nashville - 1 - 1

161. Comedy Underground with Dave Attell - 1 - 1
162. Girls - 1 - 1
163. Poirot - 1 - 1

Thanks for putting that together, Ratsky! It's a ton of work, and you do a great job every year. Always interesting to peruse the results.

bless up. true detective right where it belongs.

hannibal too high, knick too low. but I'm glad it made the top 10 amongst the flash and mad men.

Faustus

Banned
I call bull on Arrow not being in the Top Ten, let alone the Flash being above it, I like the flash and all but sometimes it can be painfully obvious that their appealing to younger audiences with it by being so PG compared to Arrow....also Gotham-40, holy shit, really? and then Mavel:AOS is above it, M:AOS is above anything?.....gonna go wash my eyes.

Nobility

Banned
Person of Interest slowly rising to #1.

You will all see the light eventually...

So many great TV shows on at the moment. Great time in history to be a television aficionado.

I caught the first two seasons of Hannibal after casting my SotY ballot, and then forgot to amend my ballot.

So apologies for that, fellow Hannibal fans.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You never cast a ballot btw :/

I didn't vote in GOTY this year either, was just sort of a weird period of time for me. I think almost all of my top 10 would have been in the top 20. Louie would have been my #1 again. John Oliver would have been top 5, what a breath of fresh air. The Knick would be up there as well. Bojack and Bob's Burgers are probably the only thing I'd have put in my top 10 that didn't make the top 20.

Turin

Banned
Very nice. I was hoping Hannibal would be number 1 but I'm cool with True Detective and Game of Thrones is going to be hard to beat no matter what. Fargo and the Knick got some disserved love as well as Orange is the New Black. It's been a great year for shows in their freshman and sophomore year.

Well done, Ratsky. ;)

anaron

Yay at Hannibal and Rectify

El oh el @ true detective and the comic book shows even ranking in a top 10 (even if I love flash)

(As usual Good job on the thread Ratsky!)

Turin

Banned
flash in top ten? over things like house of cards and the knick? really?

I suppose shows like Flash and Arrow are very fun if you're into comics.

I like Batman so I'm getting a kick out of Gotham even though it's pretty bad. In a utopian world, Gotham would be like Boardwalk Empire with a bit more humor.

Pryce

Flash getting more votes than The Americans.

Look I realize opinions yada yada but fucking lol GAF. My god.

Sober

Amazing job, Ratsky!

2014 was a fantastic year regardless if what you liked was in the top 10, or even the top 20. You can pretty much pick any number of the shows that were mentioned this year and you're gonna find something you'll like.

Flash getting more votes than The Americans.

Look I realize opinions yada yada but fucking lol GAF. My god.
Looking at the points/votes it's roughly volume of posts/thread for each show for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom