• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Album of the Year 2016 RESULTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmholtz

Pretty good list. But for me Blonde is 100% AOTY. ATCQ's album is real nice, but I can't say I've gone back to it that many times after my initial listens.
I might have to revisit Bon Iver's album... my initial impressions were not very positive.

Servbot24

Banned
Blonde and Tribe were both surprises of the year for me. I thought Channel Orange was not that good, and expected another overrated release. But it turned out to be really good, and one of my most listened albums of the year. Tribe I thought would just be some b-side material, but amazingly they did some of their very best work.

Bon Iver was really mediocre. That's the main one I would remove from the top 10.

janoDX

So thanks for using me like... 3 times on the quotes, even if they suck. Also I like the list, just got around the ATCQ album and it's remarkable.

RTJ and Gambino below Beyonce.... okay.

RTJ 3 just came out, I imagine a lot of people didn't update their list or got around to listening to it.

lol

I feel like RTJ3 could have ranked higher if it didnt have a stealth digital only release one week before the end of the year. In a weird situation like this where I waited for my physical copy to arrive, is it eligible this year too?

I count RTJ3 as a 2017 due to the album having its full release during 2017 (CD, Vinyl, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom