• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf Emergency Report: Turn off your TV and Gaming devices because you are dying. SAVE YOURSELVES FROM ILLNESS RELATED DISEASES before its too late!

*sniff* everyone, our resident professional Neogaf investigator who fights for Freedom has discovered that many people in this forum, are currently is dying. There is nothing you can do to prevent this tragedy, so here's what you can do to prevent dying: First, turn off all your LCD and LED devices. Even your calculator will kill you. Some of you it is too late. You are going to go blind, be dead, become sick, wear blue hair dye, or even be a deceased. It's a big epidemic which millions of people are already dead or in a hospital near you.

What caused this tragedy???? Why none other than:

BLU RAY.

Behold the thread that revealed it all:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/why-...hey-should-ditch-it-for-alternatives.1477357/

Specifically this post:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/why-...or-alternatives.1477357/page-9#post-254071018

Let's view some of the key information that may save your wife. Because if you don't know this info, your life is short. So in order to save you and your families knifes you must be able to understand what is being understood to you:

ANOTHER BIG REASON why Bluray needs to be kicked from the PS5, is because people ARE DYING. Bluray has been dangerous for years, but because money has pushed it artificially to the frontlines for years, it's been causing damage to peoples bodies, making them blind, giving them cancer and other illness related diseases, produced radiations, and other big problems:

Yes! These damn companies like RadioShack and Sears have been pushing Blu Ray movie format to the four front with money. ignoring the fact that you can be dead in a matter of minutes due to illness related diseases. Now even they are dying right now because they are pushing a deadly disc format into the wild. Kids are opening their Blu Ray players while still plugged in and putting their head on the laser scanner, because parents aren't washing their kids, and now the kids have autism, which leads to immediate death because the Bi Polar evolution that comes from that, causes the bodys temperature to become too cold just like the polar ice caps, and they die from being overheated.

Next:

Harmful Blu-ray has extremely high energy and can penetrate the lens to the retina, causing atrophy and even death of retinal pigment epithelial cells. The death of light-sensitive cells can lead to loss of vision, which is irreversible. Blu-ray can also cause macular lesions. In human eyes, the lens absorbs part of the Blu-ray to form cataracts, and most of the Blu-ray penetrates the lens, especially in children, the lens is clearer and cannot effectively resist the Blu-ray. As a result, macular lesions and cataracts are more likely to occur.

Just looking at the Blu Ray disc will destroy your Retina and give you illness related diseases. Why do you think Apple calls their displays "retina displays"??? To fool you into using it for money. Now you are already dying while using your Blu Ray infested computer to read this post.

Further:

Blu-ray is abundant in computer display, fluorescent lamp, mobile phone, and digital product, display screen, led and so on. The Blu-ray in this wavelength can increase the amount of macular toxin in the eyes, which is a serious threat to the health of our eyes.

Blu-ray can be seen everywhere in daily life, but the harmful Blu-ray comes from led LCD screen. Now the LCD screen is using the led backlight. Because the backlight needs white light, the industry uses blue led and yellow phosphors to form white light. Because the blue led is a main hardware, the blue spectrum in this white light has a wave peak, which causes what we call harmful Blu-ray damage to the eyes.

That's right, your lamp, vacation pamphlet, Car, Radio, Digital Clock, Computer, MP3 player, MP1 player, Laser Disc player, it's all powered by the tech on those deadly discs that are pushed as harmless storage media. Sickening.

Finally:

Most people are ill-informed so don't realize the many things they use daily causing massive permanent harm to the. But the millions of people sick or deceased due to the dangers of Bluray as shown above is something that corporations should be forced to answer for. Especially Sony and Microsoft which have been pedaling the format into the electronic consumer gaming industry.

I used an electric calculator the other day and now my Wife has Diabetes immediately because of the deadly Blu Ray tech I used, despite her not even being in the same room! How can we possibly do anything about this. We can't. But we can do all we can to prevent it. But Millions have already fallen, and for some... It's TOO LATE.

Microsoft and Sony why would you do such things to people. ? Even you guys are not exempt from thew death toll. Nintendo fans are dying even faster because they hold their portable Switch screens closer to their heads, also powered by Blu Ray!

Even Stadia will kill us all because we still have to use our Blu Ray powered phones and Computers to stream Blu Ray data! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

EviLore EviLore , Mods, Admins, I knew ye well like my Ol' brother Yorik, it be true he died from Illness relates diseases just the yesterdays ago. I think. Gaf, we must stand strong and we will possibly not survive.

Actually, Gaf is a website made to be viewed on computers and phones, which are powered by Blu Ray, while also encouraging us to play games on Xbox and PlayStation, two Blu Ray machines out of many.

I retract my previous statement to the site owner, and all he and his posse can go FUCK THEMSELVES BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE FROM ILLNESS RELATED DISEASES.

What kind of sick man creates a website that requires me to use a computer to see it? You and your staff can go on a train track and be run over. BY THE TRAIN! Also I hope you and your staff manage to protect your families from Blu Ray and that you all remain healthy. Wait...

Gaf, it's been a real treat working with your all this time, but now it's time for all of us to realize the great incoming perl of our impending extinction because of the Blu Ray menace. Maybe the hospitals will discover a cu-cu-cure.....

No...No NO! The hospitals use screens and LED technology... That means the Hospitals are INVADED BY BLU RAY!!! WE WON'T BE ABLE TO DEFEAT BLU RAY IF BLU RAY KILLS USE WHILE WE ARE BEING TREATED FOR BLU RAY!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Thread might have been a bit much lol. ;) But this thread still arguably makes more sense than the thread it's linking to.

nowhat

Can I at least wear my tinfoil hat or is it gonna kill me too?
Tinfoil is highly reflective - if you manage to keep the Blu-Rays outside the helmet, you should be fine, the rays just bounce off it.

But Blu-Rays are almost everywhere (remember, "Blu-ray is abundant in computer display, fluorescent lamp, mobile phone, and digital product, display screen, led and so on"), so if some of the Blu-Rays manage to make their way inside that helmet, they will just keep bouncing between your skull and the helmet. That would definitely be fatal, so I'd advice against it.

Tinfoil is highly reflective - if you manage to keep the Blu-Rays outside the helmet, you should be fine, the rays just bounce off it.

But Blu-Rays are almost everywhere (remember, "Blu-ray is abundant in computer display, fluorescent lamp, mobile phone, and digital product, display screen, led and so on"), so if some of the Blu-Rays manage to make their way inside that helmet, they will just keep bouncing between your skull and the helmet. That would definitely be fatal, so I'd advice against it.

If the Blu Ray has to check for DRM sometimes it can breach weaker brands of Tin Foil, so double wrap just to be safe!!!

Three

Holy shit, Freedom Co actually said that? Frankly at this point I think this is some campaign for spreading as much bullshit propaganda as possible and some idoit somewhere will believe it.

OMFG!!! What if we crack the bluray codec drm are we still vulnerable to disease?

200 IQ RIGHT THERE

We can't do that because we can't use the vaccines! The Vaccines themselves have their own DRM, and since computers are used to track the package, that means the delivery Truck is already been infected before it was even supposed to be optimized for the Truck itself (WHAT?!)

This means that the Truck itself is spreading illness related diseases to every single vehicle on the road that has a digital radio or digital cock. The shimmering will be your doom!

SonGoku

We can't do that because we can't use the vaccines! The Vaccines themselves have their own DRM, and since computers are used to track the package, that means the delivery Truck is already been infected before it was even supposed to be optimized for the Truck itself (WHAT?!)

This means that the Truck itself is spreading illness related diseases to every single vehicle on the road that has a digital radio or digital cock. The shimmering will be your doom!
Fook it dood hehhehehehehehe that shit is everywhere, chances are im already infected, might as well enjoy whatever life i got left and indulge in those dangerous but rewarding blurays.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic

nowhat

is this a meme
cuz it's not a research paper, it's a listicle on a blog site
I think the most ironic part is the fact that when listing all those dangerous sources of Blu-Rays in that "research paper" (in very broken English), there are links where to buy "fluorecent lamp", "mobile phone" and "digital product". You know, just in case you don't get enough of those dangerous Blu-Rays already.

It's basically their blogging site (/blogs), click around, it's sharing the same domain but it's basically isolated from the storefront.

That wasn't the point but ok...

Anyway, the article is talking about a completely different thing than what Freedom Co claims. If anything, it cements the fact he doesn't know what Blu Ray actually is, since he's getting two completely different types of Blu Ray mixed up, and thinking that Blu Ray discs are going to kill everyone. Excuse me, I mean MILLIONS ARE ALREADY DEAD.

Orenji Neko

Did you even read the article?

https://www.gearbest.com/blog/how-to/the-harm-and-source-of-blu-ray-3224

You got jokes, but this is an actual research paper on the effects of Bluray on the human body. Do you have anything to actual refute the research article?
No. It's some Chinese folks confusing blue light with Blu-Ray.

LMAO I was about to say the same thing. I was reading a bit of it and thinking "Uhhh....do they mean blue light? The source of Blu Ray being damaging is....the screen? Okay, yeah, they are talking (very poorly) about blue light".

nowhat

How do you think Blurays are made? Blue Light Lasers that enable higher storage mediums. It's called "Blue" ray for a reason.
OK. Now could explain how "computer display, fluorescent lamp, mobile phone, and digital product, display screen, led and so on" contain blue lasers? And furthermore, unless having a defective device, how a blue laser would make its way out of a Blu-Ray player of any kind?

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Did you really create a thread just to troll a specific post?
The specific post may even be a troll post itself...so you created a troll thread to a troll post or...This is turning into some dumb troll shit so I'm stopping myself

Yo WTF is the point of this thread?
Why is there no poll on it Afpoll?

How do you think Blurays are made? Blue Light Lasers that enable higher storage mediums. It's called "Blue" ray for a reason.

1*wbuvHdRwW9PdRI8g0roFbg.gif

OK. Now could explain how "computer display, fluorescent lamp, mobile phone, and digital product, display screen, led and so on" contain blue lasers? And furthermore, unless having a defective device, how a blue laser would make its way out of a Blu-Ray player of any kind?

The same as with cell towers, radiation. Over time it cumulatively stacks up. The actual laser itself would speed up the process, so that's not the current problem, the issue is having all that radiation wherever you go. Inside most of your devices. So it adds up really quickly causing as shown in the article, health related concerns.

The only things missing from this thread are:

1) a poll where all 5 options are a differently-worded choice supporting the OT's claims
2) 10x more exclamation points.

Just take that as some constructive criticism Afro Republican Afro Republican and thanks for keeping us aware of the dangers.

Don't thank me, than our brave Neogaf member Freedomgate co for finding out about this danger.

Also that you're likely going to die because you're responding on a computer which has blu ray so yeah, RIP. ;)

Whats up with this anti-Blu Ray propaganda going on here lately? its the strangest thing ever. how many alts do you have afro?

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The only things missing from this thread are:

1) a poll where all 5 options are a differently-worded choice supporting the OT's claims
2) 10x more exclamation points.

Just take that as some constructive criticism Afro Republican Afro Republican and thanks for keeping us aware of the dangers.
thank-you.jpg

You'd think this is 8chan or some dumb shit if you came upon this as your first thread on GAF.

Last edited:

nowhat

The same as with cell towers, radiation. Over time it cumulatively stacks up. The actual laser itself would speed up the process, so that's not the current problem, the issue is having all that radiation wherever you go. Inside most of your devices. So it adds up really quickly causing as shown in the article, health related concerns.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are incredibly dense instead of plain trolling.

Both radio waves and visible light are electromagnetic radiation. Some parts of the EM spectrum (like radio waves) can penetrate matter quite easily. But laser is in the visible range - and guess what, those can be quite easily blocked. Unless you're actually seeing the blue laser, it's not radiating anywhere.

Don't thank me, than our brave Neogaf member Freedomgate co for finding out about this danger.

Also that you're likely going to die because you're responding on a computer which has blu ray so yeah, RIP. ;)
No worries, I use Windows 10 and it has a night mode with a blue ray filter built in. Just another one of the reasons Microsoft is better than Sony.

Orenji Neko

Ripped the Blu Ray drive out of my PC tower, and smashed all my devices that have BR drives. Then I piled them up and burned it all. Problem is, the wind blew the fire, it hit my house, and now I'm homeless. We also need to warn about the dangers of Blu Ray fires and the wind. Don't end up like me: living longer with nowhere to live.

Last edited:
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are incredibly dense instead of plain trolling.

Both radio waves and visible light are electromagnetic radiation. Some parts of the EM spectrum (like radio waves) can penetrate matter quite easily. But laser is in the visible range - and guess what, those can be quite easily blocked. Unless you're actually seeing the blue laser, it's not radiating anywhere.

I don't get this, chemical radiation is still a real thing whether you see the source of radiation or not.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

No, that's why I only work on Macs. No disc drive to sprew the microscopic fragments of Blu Ray death into my lungs.

but i'm not staring directly into the laser
Even making slight eye contact can increase your chance of death. As well as smelling, tasting, and hearing

I’ve also talked about

THE DANGERS OF BUYING USED GAMES AND HAVING SEX WITH THEM!!!

If you buy used and have sex with the game disc, you are having sex with everyone that game disc has had sex with... but no one listened smh.

Top Bottom