• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf FGC highlights - F. Champ vs. KBR - Winter Brawl X

Hey friends, fighting games are so great. So I'd like to highlight a match every few weeks/months. This is not a thread for people to spam matches. I'd like for us to discuss this one match, and we can highlight another match for the next thread. If this takes off we can do bi-weekly threads. Feel free to pm me any matches you'd like to highlight.

--------------

So with that said;

We will again be highlighting a match between two former EVO champs. Instead of Street Fighter. This time we'll be showcasing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Marvel has been having a little resurgence latley with this years EVO showcasing a Marvel 2 invitaltional, and there will be a 10k tournament taking place for UMVC3 next week. So let's celebrate some Marvel on GAF.

AaHMaUb.jpg

On player one side we have FilipinoChamp. The villain of Marvel 3. He's extremely cocky and arrogant, but he backs it up with some of the cleanest Marvel play in the world. Using a team comprised of all top tiers: Magneto, Dr. Doom, and Phoenix.

NHbpU76.png

Kane BlueRiver will be playing on player two's side. Another infamous former EVO champ. Many people feel that KBR just exploits the game and doesn't win with solid play, instead he just steamrolls his opponents with constant 50/50s and one touch kill combos due to the synergy of his patented team of big bodies. KBR uses a very original team of Hulk, Sentinel, and Haggar.

---------

There is a little history between these two. As the night before they had a first to 15 exhibition match. Which can be found Here.

Here is the initial video that lead to these two having beef.

--------

Quotes:

"If you're the champion of your fucking game you should promote the game" - F. Champ

"I have nothing to prove" - KBR

This is control vs chaos, and it's very personal. Enjoy.

(Side note: F.Champ is on winners side and only needs to win one first to 3 set, meanwhile KBR is on losers side and will have to win two first to 3 sets.)

hzqh91c.jpg

Last edited:

chriskun

just rewatched this a few weeks ago, part of me is wondering if fchamp bet against himself or had his friends do it to make money, wouldnt put it past him.

just rewatched this a few weeks ago, part of me is wondering if fchamp bet against himself or had his friends do it to make money, wouldnt put it past him.

I was in that room. Nobody was taking bets. Even for the ft15, no one was interested in betting against F.champ.

I wouldn't be surprised if f.champ is a coke head. Great player, and even better fundamentals, but he's fucking psychotic as a person. Volatile as hell. With that being said, I'd love to see Smug get into the marvel.

Sorry for the double post, but rewatching all of this solidifies my opinion. F. Champ is a piece of shit. So glad he lost this match. Just the fact that you not only won't shake your opponents hand, but you try and talk shit after running away the first set, to get a win, is a piece of shit move. So much disrespect from an east cost player. Makes all of us look bad

Sorry for the double post, but rewatching all of this solidifies my opinion. F. Champ is a piece of shit. So glad he lost this match. Just the fact that you not only won't shake your opponents hand, but you try and talk shit after running away the first set, to get a win, is a piece of shit move. So much disrespect from an east cost player. Makes all of us look bad
I thought he was west coast.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Im surprised FChamp didn’t use Dormammu. Phoenix is only strong if you get her in her final stage because she’s a glass cannon. When I watched him play at his best, it felt like he was using Dormammu. Dormammu can easily make life hell with his 3 different techniques (eg rain fire, fire on the ground, etc) not to mention his teleport and super arts.

I thought he was west coast.

He is. That must of been a typo.

Im surprised FChamp didn’t use Dormammu. Phoenix is only strong if you get her in her final stage because she’s a glass cannon. When I watched him play at his best, it felt like he was using Dormammu. Dormammu can easily make life hell with his 3 different techniques (eg rain fire, fire on the ground, etc) not to mention his teleport and super arts.

He dismantled KBR's team the night before with his Mag/Doom. He just stopped playing like a jackass. Plus KBR won so many coin flips at the start of each match. It was basically his destiny to win this set. I don't think any character choice would have helped F.Champ.

chriskun

Im pretty sure fchamp had almost exclusively been playing pheonix at this point in his career. Man, I really hope we get some mahvel news at Evo, or some sort of vs game, sfv is so boring and 1 dimensional to watch at this point.

GymWolf

The guy on the background of the first photo kinda looks like a male version of the whale in pink with 4 boyfriend from the off topics thread...

I just stumbled upon this. Here's Champ's dorm team against kbr.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I just stumbled upon this. Here's Champ's dorm team against kbr.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. At first he didn’t even use him. Dorm was just getting torn apart. Later on he managed to use him. It’s all that pressure from KBR. Dorm is a lot better if he has some room to breath lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom