• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Verelios

Don't need to be a vig to do that these days, just fake claim cop.

That never works
how-to-draw-stare-dad_1_000000017403_5.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can we get a Professor Layton mafia some day?

Sawneeks

Banned
Ordinary Townie is fun every once in a while but If you get it consecutively it can get very boring.

This is why you only join role madness games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One puzzle a day. You need to solve it to use your power.

Natiko

Banned
This sounds like it could be fun. I don't typically post a lot but I lurk a ton so I easily could post more. I think I'll skim a couple previous games and see if I want to join or not.

Ordinary Townie is fun every once in a while but If you get it consecutively it can get very boring.

This is why you only join role madness games.

How about being the doctor every game? That's hurts me to my very core because I know I'm letting everyone down the second I get that PM. Soul crushing.

Swamped

Banned
This sounds like it could be fun. I don't typically post a lot but I lurk a ton so I easily could post more. I think I'll skim a couple previous games and see if I want to join or not.

I hope you do :3

Prof Layton Mafia eh? "this reminds me of a scumtell"

You all make Ordinary Town sound so fun! Maybe someday I'll get to try it.

I'm so over ordinary town. You can always tell when you're leading a lynch on scum, because no one listens.

But when you call out a town player for acting shady, suddenly everyone agrees. In fact, you don't even need to to call them out. Just quote a bunch of random unrelated people, and drop a rando vote on your target.

Gorlak

Banned
Cabit could do this easily if he played exactly like I did in Overwatch and WWE.

You're quick at forgetting Pokemon, aren't you? Prime example of how not to do it :p

Also Ouro was MVP in Overwatch, while you were just doing nothing, now you're claiming you got the win and deserve it more than the scum wrecker? How dare you? Looking forward to see you lynched D1 again :D

Apropos Nin, he easily shows his style in the very first mafia game:
first post "I'm against No Lynch"
second post "Vote: No lynch" :D love u <3 , never change

We should show these prospective NEW: <PLAYER_NAME>s what it truly means to be a part of our esteemed player roster. It's time for an exhibition!

Everyone, go back into our 6-Seasons-long games history on Off-Topic Community side, take screenshots of your favourite GAFia moment(s), and post them here

Meanwhile, I'll do nothing

roytheone

I actually do enjoy ordinary town from time to time, but I rarely have a town pr and live long enough to use it, so I want to some time :(

RetroMG

Current Signup Update

We currently have 48 players signed up, which is easily enough to run two games with a decent number of replacements.

IF we can get more people, we MIGHT even be able to run three full-sized games, but keeping with my promise from last season, we will not sacrifice replacements in order to run more full-sized games. We will try to have some smaller diversions available, though, for the people who wind up on the replacement list.

Again, if you're new to our community, you will be guaranteed a spot in a game.

Currently, it looks like Persona Mafia will almost certainly run. It's a very close race for second. Currently, Pop Mafia has the lead, but that could change any time. (And has changed several times since voting/signups began.)

Kawl_USC

If we only run two games, I'll certainly be down to host another mini/matrix mafia for any who don't make initial rosters.

So fret not peeps.

*Splinter

You're quick at forgetting Pokemon, aren't you? Prime example of how not to do it :p

Also Ouro was MVP in Overwatch, while you were just doing nothing, now you're claiming you got the win and deserve it more than the scum wrecker? How dare you? Looking forward to see you lynched D1 again :D

Apropos Nin, he easily shows his style in the very first mafia game:
first post "I'm against No Lynch"
second post "Vote: No lynch" :D love u <3 , never change
Quiet in the cheap seats. Bronx was integral to the CHAIN HOOK plan.

Which, I'll add, worked flawlessly.

roytheone

Current Signup Update

We currently have 48 players signed up, which is easily enough to run two games with a decent number of replacements.

IF we can get more people, we MIGHT even be able to run three full-sized games, but keeping with my promise from last season, we will not sacrifice replacements in order to run more full-sized games. We will try to have some smaller diversions available, though, for the people who wind up on the replacement list.

Again, if you're new to our community, you will be guaranteed a spot in a game.

Currently, it looks like Persona Mafia will almost certainly run. It's a very close race for second. Currently, Pop Mafia has the lead, but that could change any time. (And has changed several times since voting/signups began.)

As long as topo doesn't get to run his game, I will be a happy owl!

*Splinter

We should show these prospective NEW: <PLAYER_NAME>s what it truly means to be a part of our esteemed player roster. It's time for an exhibition!

Everyone, go back into our 6-Seasons-long games history on Off-Topic Community side, take screenshots of your favourite GAFia moment(s), and post them here

You aren't getting a screenshot, but the last day of Pokemon Mafia was my favourite of this season.

Can I have the honour of hammering this chump?
#Hubris

Sorian

Banned
I debated if I should PM Bronx every night to remind him of his PR but then I remembered that he was still working through his anger from pokemon so I just let it be :p

Fire and Bronx forever taking that L instead of being available to use their PR.

Sophia

This was one of my favorite GAFia moments.

Final Vote Count

Sophia (4)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot
squidyj
Kawl_USC
Gorlak
cabot
squidyj
Zippedpinhead

Zippedpinhead (2)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree
Royal_Flush
Sophia
flatearthpandas
CrimsonFist

Zippedpinhead has been removed from the party.

Praise be to the banana.

stupidfrickingbanana

Sorian

Banned
This was one of my favorite GAFia moments.

Praise be to the banana.

stupidfrickingbanana

Aside from cabot fucking everything up <3 That was probably my favorite downtime in between day end and results as a mod. Haly death and amazed living in OW was pretty good too.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I debated if I should PM Bronx every night to remind him of his PR but then I remembered that he was still working through his anger from pokemon so I just let it be :p

Fire and Bronx forever taking that L instead of being available to use their PR.

I won your game and won it my way, pal.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Sophia

Aside from cabot fucking everything up <3 That was probably my favorite downtime in between day end and results as a mod. Haly death and amazed living in OW was pretty good too.

I was so confused as to why I lived, and even more confused by "for fucks sakes Sophia. I'm tanner, nailed scum" from cabot after that. I was like "Wait, why are you telling me this? o_o"

And then three people all went "Did cabot tell you anything he shouldn't have?" >_>;

Ty4on

Please tell me I would have been able to block him successfully from the first night.
Day, uh, 3? In danganronpa was a gem as well. Whenever Tim was outed.

Note to newbies, turbo is a good idea sometimes.

D4. D1 was normal D1 except Crab was prodding everyone and we all hated Makai. D2 was a duel between Crab and kgtrep (;_;). D3 was when Tim got some heat (cough) and used his override to lynch crab.

Sawneeks

Banned
The end of Dangan Mafia was fun, right?

...right?

Hopefully you will decide to join us! It's a lot of fun once you get into the game. c:

How about being the doctor every game? That's hurts me to my very core because I know I'm letting everyone down the second I get that PM. Soul crushing.

Any role can be Ordinary if you get it enough times.

Or it's fate telling you that you should become that role.

roytheone

...right?

Hopefully you will decide to join us! It's a lot of fun once you get into the game. c:

Any role can be Ordinary if you get it enough times.

Or it's fate telling you that you should become that role.

In a game where a serial killer is a common role, I hope this doesn't happen. Ever.

Ty4on

The main season games have fairly long phases - 96/72 hours day/night - which makes it easier for less active people to keep up. The rate of posting really depends on who is playing and how many. The first days are usually the most active with the rate of posting slowing down as players (usually active ones at first) are killed. I'd recommend keeping up here and there D1-2 as there might suddenly be things happening, but day end is where the real fun is.
I will say this if you're slow at reading older games: personally I have a much harder time keeping up with a game I'm not playing in or when reading an old game. When I'm in a game though I don't need to think about keeping up.

If you get busy in real life or whatever you can also call the moderator for a replacement. It's quite rare for a Mafia game to run without at least one person being replaced. The Mafia Championship finals were played not long ago (where our Sorian placed fourth) and they had two people drop out.

You survive every D1 lynch. That's above and beyond what the average doctor manages.

I got kinda spoiled with a private town chat in most of my main season games. That's what I miss the most as ordinary.

Ourobolus

Banned
We also typically lower the time for the day and night phases as the game goes on and less people are alive and posting, so by the end it's probably like 72/48 or 48/24-hour phases.

...right?

...no

NO

NO

Seriously though, if you ever want to see a game that defines "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, read DR".

still hate you mazre makai

Although DR will always stick out to me for the reversal from S2/Star Wars. CzarTim~

Top Bottom