• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon League | There are 18 badges in GAF; Gary Oak has 20

Wow, this is a great idea!

I just got Pokémon Y through the current 3DS deal. I haven't started it yet, but would love to have a go at some of the GAF gym leaders whenever I've put enough time into it.

Such a great community. Keep it up, GAF.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, I was gonna start the challenge with Fire, but that ones not ready.
With all the different times/not ready gyms, I'm too lazy to try to find the best sequence to beat them all in.

Looking over the rules, you can switch items whenever you want, right?
Are the challenges just 1 out of 1 battles?

Natiko

Banned
Hmm, I've spent a lot of time making competitive Pokemon (something like ~35) but have almost never battled. Maybe I'll take a shot, though I have none made for doubles nor the slightest clue on good strategy so those double only gyms will kill.

Usobuko

Banned
Hmm, I was gonna start the challenge with Fire, but that ones not ready.
With all the different times/not ready gyms, I'm too lazy to try to find the best sequence to beat them all in.

Looking over the rules, you can switch items whenever you want, right?
Are the challenges just 1 out of 1 battles?

I can't say for the switching items around your team ( although I think that's fine ) but the challenges are bo1 only.

This idea is awesome. I will absolutely try to get some badges.

Who am I kidding, I'll be a jobber like Ash on the Elite 4.

I really like this idea! I haven't really played Pokemon since January, but this will give me some incentive to train some more of my favorite Pokemon to be able to compete in this challenging league.

Subscribed!

Regiruler

(as long as they could legitimately be caught/bred in Kalos)

There goes that. I only play VGC doubles and my team uses a Gen IV/V only (ATM) pokemon.
I'll just have to pray that he's in the RSEmake. That and for move tutors as another of my members needs a move from a B2W2 move tutor: not looking forward to using Gen V breeding mechanics again.

Sitting this challenge out for now, will probably subscribe to see if there is any significant updates.

Wichu

There goes that. I only play VGC doubles and my team uses a Gen IV/V only (ATM) pokemon.
I'll just have to pray that he's in the RSEmake. That and for move tutors as another of my members needs a move from a B2W2 move tutor: not looking forward to using Gen V breeding mechanics again.

Sitting this challenge out for now, will probably subscribe to see if there is any significant updates.

The allowed Pokémon for this include all VGC2014-legal Pokémon; if your team is VGC-legal it should be usable here.

Wichu

Updated the rules slightly: Gym Battles are now best of 3 to prioritise player skill over luck. You'll now have the hax the Gym Leader to death twice ;)

This is a really neat idea. When I was a kid I wanted to set something up like this with friends but when I was 7 or whatever I didn't have 30+ friends to set up a nice league with

I haven't finished X but I might just for this!

Boogiepop

Just to confirm this just means they have to be able to be Kalos bred. IE as long as that Gen IV/V pokemon is not a legendary that's fine, but a Pokemon with an old move tutor wouldn't work. (IE you have to be able to have it with that little Kalos symbol).

Aggrotek

I will be giving a child of your choice member of my team. I will make sure that it has at least 4ivs and the ability I used.

But, only if you beat me.

I read the rules about flat and single battles, but one thing is still unclear to me: will the battles be at level 50 or 100? Or each Gym Leader will be able to choose?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Note that you can still use Pokémon that could not be found in X/Y before Pokémon Transporter was released, as long as they can be bred (and are therefore easily acquirable). For example, Infernape is allowed, but Azelf is not.

Welp, I'm out.

Sorian

Banned
This is really cool guys, good work. Makes me a little sad that I dropped my Y playthrough halfway through. I should pick it up again.

Typically it will be level 50. Although there really isn't much difference.

Thanks. I only wanted to know either I should plan ahead or just train everyone. So level 50 let me get more soldiers ready, while 100 I would rather choose an elite squad and stick with it.

Aggrotek

Thanks. I only wanted to know either I should plan ahead or just train everyone. So level 50 let me get more soldiers ready, while 100 I would rather choose an elite squad and stick with it.

Some Pokemon only learn their best moves at higher levels. So if, by level 50, you have the moveset you want you can just stop.

Are any multi battle gym leaders available to battle today? None of the regular people I usually see in the IRC are around at the moment.

backlot and I want to try for some double badge wins.

Crayolan

This is an awesome idea, I regret not finishing my competitive team now. Unfortunately I'll be too busy to get back to it for a few months.

fek

trixx won the challenge against me and gets the Volt Badge. As a bonus for winning I gave him a 5IV electric pokemon. Thanks for the challenge!

spiritfox

trixx won the challenge against me and gets the Volt Badge. As a bonus for winning I gave him a 5IV electric pokemon. Thanks for the challenge!

Congrats on the first win trixx! You win the groundbreaker badge!

Note: that does not exist.

trixx

Thanks guys that was a lot of fun. Fek was a challenge.

Also is there a limit to how many times you can use a status effect?

fek

Thanks guys that was a lot of fun. Fek was a challenge.

Also is there a limit to how many times you can use a status effect?
For singles 6v6 we are following smogon rules so you can't put more than one of the opponent's pokemon to sleep at the same time. For doubles it's allowed as long as it's not Dark Void.

Top Bottom