• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon League | There are 18 badges in GAF; Gary Oak has 20

JulianImp

Oh, by the way, all challengers should note that, like I said in a previous post, 3v3 challenges to my gym will abide by the smogon rules and banlist, rather than the flat rules. Please take that into account and make any changes you might have to make before our match.

I won't be available for a little bit longer, but I'll let challengers know by PM once I'm ready to battle them.

CrimsonN0

Aggrotek, I'll challenge you after your battles with trixx if you have time.

We've already added each other.
My IGN is Crimson.

SeZMehK

Crimson had challenged me for the Nymph Badge. He put up a good fight but I was able to prevail, 2-0. I like your setup Crimson. I look forward to your next challenge. :D Good luck on other gym battles.

Here are the videos:

1st: MAPG-WWWW-WWW6-9P2J
2nd: LHKG-WWWW-WWW6-9P2R

CrimsonN0

Crimson had challenged me for the Nymph Badge. He put up a good fight but I was able to prevail, 2-0. I like your setup Crimson. I look forward to your next challenge. :D Good luck on other gym battles.

Here are the videos:

1st: MAPG-WWWW-WWW6-9P2J
2nd: LHKG-WWWW-WWW6-9P2R

I thought Togekiss would be slower so I was just trying to completely overpower your team.
I might have better luck challenging you 3vs3 Singles instead.

EDIT: Huh, was that you or me who ended up d/ced. I'm still on and your icon looks like you're still there too.

JulianImp

Alright, I'm ready!

I'm currently waiting for Nbz, who wanted to do a 6v6 battle. If he doesn't show up for ten minutes, then I'll rearrange my battle box for 3v3 battles for the rest of the challenges.

The current queue is: Nbz (6v6), UltimateIke (3v3), Daedalos42 (3v3), trixx (3v3).

Once I'm done with one of them, I'll PM the next to let them know I'm available. Also, please let me repeat that I won't be accepting 3v3 battles using the flat battle format, but rather the Smogon rules, just like in 6v6. So far, UltimateIke didn't specifiy, and Daedalos42 requested 3v3 flat, but trixx and I settled on 3v3 smogon right from the start.

Aggrotek

I thought Togekiss would be slower so I was just trying to completely overpower your team.
I might have better luck challenging you 3vs3 Singles instead.

EDIT: Huh, was that you or me who ended up d/ced. I'm still on and your icon looks like you're still there too.

Idk What happened. I don't think it was my end. I dunno how to handle it. Maybe count round 1 as a draw?

Alright, I'm ready!

I'm currently waiting for Nbz, who wanted to do a 6v6 battle. If he doesn't show up for ten minutes, then I'll rearrange my battle box for 3v3 battles for the rest of the challenges.

The current queue is: Nbz (6v6), UltimateIke (3v3), Daedalos42 (3v3), trixx (3v3).

Once I'm done with one of them, I'll PM the next to let them know I'm available. Also, please let me repeat that I won't be accepting 3v3 battles using the flat battle format, but rather the Smogon rules, just like in 6v6. So far, UltimateIke didn't specifiy, and Daedalos42 requested 3v3 flat, but trixx and I settled on 3v3 smogon right from the start.

3v3 Smogon is fine.

JulianImp

3v3 Smogon is fine.

Good games! Both of them were decided halfway through, since in the first I had already spent my sash before Talonflame arrived, and in the second I couldn't outspeed it before it left me with a single HP remaining. I could've sucker punched, but it probably wouldn't have done a thing against gyarados at 7/8 HP. :p

Good work on getting the Swarm Badge!

I'd like to offer you a random unhatched egg from my team pokémon as a prize, if you want it.

Battle videos are as follows:
35YG-WWWW-WWW6-9QWN (game 1)
X39W-WWWW-WWW6-9QWR (game 2)

Good games! Both of them were decided halfway through, since in the first I had already spent my sash before Talonflame arrived, and in the second I couldn't outspeed it before it left me with a single HP remaining. I could've sucker punched, but it probably wouldn't have done a thing against gyarados at 7/8 HP. :p

Good work on getting the Swarm Badge!

I'd like to offer you a random unhatched egg from my team pokémon as a prize, if you want it.

Thank you! I'll take a Joltik if you don't mind, or any egg if it is supposed to be a surprise, haha.

Aggrotek

HOLY SHIT CRIMSON.

I beat Crimson 2-1-1. Closest games I have ever had in my life.

Good games.

WATCH THESE IN ORDER.
THE CRIT WAS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

AJKW-WWWW-WWW6-9Q77
8LFG-WWWW-WWW6-9Q7B
ZMAW-WWWW-WWW6-9Q7D

JulianImp

Thank you! I'll take a Joltik if you don't mind, or any egg if it is supposed to be a surprise, haha.

Basically, not even I know what's inside them! I guess I could check the poké balls, but I make sure not to do that since it'd be more boring.

Alright, it's Daedalos42's turn now!

JulianImp

Good games, Daedalos42! You're now the second winner of the Swarm Badge!

I wasn't prepared for Extreme Speed Dragonite game 3, but game 2 was really weird. I expected you to bring in Charizard or Skarmory at least once.

If you decide you want your prize egg, just let me know.

Videos:
LZJW-WWWW-WWW6-9QHD (round 1)
JJVG-WWWW-WWW6-9QHP (round 2)
7L2W-WWWW-WWW6-9QY5 (round 3)

Usobuko

Banned
I think I'll do my first gym battle tonight(if of course a gym leader is online) since I'll have some free time. This is going to be fun.
So any gyms open atm? Finally have a team ready!

All you need to do is to PM the gym leader to set up a date for battle or look for any stray gym that announced they are available whenever you're free :)

Speaking of four days, was the rematch clause always four days? I swear I remember it originally being three.

I think that was just a typo. It was always going to be 4 days when we did the voting. I remember it was written on the OT to be 3 days so you're ain't wrong about it. It's just a typo.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Good games, Daedalos42! You're now the second winner of the Swarm Badge!

I wasn't prepared for Extreme Speed Dragonite game 3, but game 2 was really weird. I expected you to bring in Charizard or Skarmory at least once.

Uploads will be ready soon. Also, if you decide you want your prize egg, just let me know.

Charizard was really just there because I knew you would expect me to bring it in. It wouldn't stand a chance against your Volcarona. Your Scizor is amazing, though. It took out Gengar and Togekiss in one shot, and took my Mamoswine down to 1 HP.

Aggrotek

I beat Daedalos 2-1. Good games man! 2nd game was crazy close!

With that the Psychic Gym is closed for the day.

Good games all around everyone! I await your return.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I beat Daedalos 2-1. Good games man! 2nd game was crazy close!

Yeah, I was really scared after I accidentally selected Charizard instead of Dragonite and you killed it. Still managed to come back, though, even after that Paralysis. Your Destiny Bond Gardevoir is way too powerful. Is it scarfed?

Aggrotek

Yeah, I was really scared after I accidentally selected Charizard instead of Dragonite and you killed it. Still managed to come back, though, even after that Paralysis. Your Destiny Bond Gardevoir is way too powerful. Is it scarfed?

A magician never reveals his secrets!

spiritfox

The elusive Seismic badge is now available for battle! I'll be on for the next hour or so, so PM me or just post here if you want a match. Just state what format you want before you battle, thanks!

The elusive Seismic badge is now available for battle! I'll be on for the next hour or so, so PM me or just post here if you want a match. Just state what format you want before you battle, thanks!

Aww, I'm too late. :(

The next time you are available, I would like to try a 3v3 Flat Singles match!

spiritfox

UltimateIke wins the Seismic Badge! *coughlflinchhax*

Nah just joking around.

Here are the matches:

9APG-WWWW-WWW6-A8AX
2ETW-WWWW-WWW6-A8A8
BC2W-WWWW-WWW6A8AD

The last match was an especially close one. Good job Ike!

UltimateIke wins the Seismic Badge! *coughlflinchhax*

Nah just joking around.

Here are the matches:

9APG-WWWW-WWW6-A8AX
2ETW-WWWW-WWW6-A8A8
BC2W-WWWW-WWW6A8AD

The last match was an especially close one. Good job Ike!

Thanks for the battles and the Trapinch! I seriously lucked my way through the entire thing. My team wasn't nearly as prepared as it needed to be.

Gym is open today, PM me to schedule.

I'll post when it's closing time.

If backlot and I did a multi battle with you, who would your teammate be? I don't mind if it is someone I've already played, but there might be some leaders that still need a chance to challenge backlot.

And would there be a rule against us both having the same Pokémon on our two teams as long as only one of us brought it into the battle? Neither of us really want to burn our substitution on taking the Pokémon out just to use another substitution putting it back in later.

Wichu

Some of the Gym Leaders have expressed that they feel the current substitution rule makes it too easy for already successful challengers to steamroll Gyms even further, so we're going to trial a small change.

As of now, defeating a Gym Leader no longer allows you to make a substitution. This makes it no longer profitable to swap in dedicated counters for each Gym, and makes the substitution rule closer to the original idea of not locking people into bad teams.

You may still swap out up to two Pokémon after you lose to a Gym Leader.

This does not remove any outstanding substitutions you still have (i.e. if you had a dedicated counter for the last Gym you challenged, you should take this opportunity to swap it out).

And would there be a rule against us both having the same Pokémon on our two teams as long as only one of us brought it into the battle? Neither of us really want to burn our substitution on taking the Pokémon out just to use another substitution putting it back in later.

That's fine.

Shun

If backlot and I did a multi battle with you, who would your teammate be? I don't mind if it is someone I've already played, but there might be some leaders that still need a chance to challenge backlot.

Sorry for not replying, March Madness haha.

That's fine as long as there aren't 2 Mega Garchomps or something.
You and backlot? Lemme go find a partner.

I'm up for 6v6 or Multibattles today.

Sorry for not replying, March Madness haha.

That's fine as long as there aren't 2 Mega Garchomps or something.
You and backlot? Lemme go find a partner.

I'm up for 6v6 or Multibattles today.

I'm going to be away for a couple of hours so hopefully we can still get something together tonight. Thanks!

fek

UltimateIke gets the Volt Badge in a very exciting rematch, 2-1! As a bonus for winning this great match, I gave you a HP ice Electrike!
Edit: Here are the videos: W85W-WWWW-WWW6-AGB7, UV5G-WWWW-WWW6-AGBK, LRXW-WWWW-WWW6-AGBT

Top Bottom