• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Tournament #2

Firestorm

Sorry guys I`m going to have to move this along somehow. I`ll give the win to temjin since I know Crazymoogle is busy and temjin does have the higher seeding here.

Firestorm said:
Sorry guys I`m going to have to move this along somehow. I`ll give the win to temjin since I know Crazymoogle is busy and temjin does have the higher seeding here.

yeah, that's fine. temjin, we would have needed to set up some sort of morning fight for you, and I hardly have the time anyway. good luck :)

Firestorm

Try and finish this one quickly guys!

Round 2 Winner's Bracket
Deadline: Monday October 1st, 2007

Division 1
temjin
Firestorm

Kreed
LRS

Division 2
EBCubs03
Giard

Xisiqolemir
Jiggy37

Loser's Bracket

Division 1
Crazymoogle
jsrv

yeb

NeoForte

Division 2
TJ Spyke
RagnarokX

JCX9
WolfofMebu

Jiggy

In Division 1 Round 1, the winners were Player 1, Player 1, Player 2, and Player 2.
In Division 2 Round 1, the winners were Player 1, Player 1, Player 1, and Player 1.

By this precedent, Firestorm, Kreed, Giard, and I are doomed. Alas for fate. :(

Giard

Jiggy37 said:
In Division 1 Round 1, the winners were Player 1, Player 1, Player 2, and Player 2.
In Division 2 Round 1, the winners were Player 1, Player 1, Player 1, and Player 1.

By this precedent, Firestorm, Kreed, Giard, and I are doomed. Alas for fate. :(

Well aren't you being positive :lol
But yeah, I'm against EBCubs03

Giard

EBCubs03 said:
Giard, when do you wanna play? I can play right now if you want to

Aren't you supposed to be like really good
Oh well, I can play now as well...lemme get DS

EDIT: Added you, waiting in lobby

EBCubs03

Banned
EBCubs03 said:
Coming. I don't think I'm that good. Usea, yeb, jiggy, firestorm are probably all better than me.

Disconnected... wasn't me, but I'm tired so I'm just gonna give you the win. :) Good game from what we played, mostly a stalemate

Giard

EBCubs03 said:
Disconnected... wasn't me, but I'm tired so I'm just gonna give you the win. :) Good game from what we played, mostly a stalemate

Seriously? I wasn't winning at all, we should do a rematch :/
You were totally outpredicting me

temjin

Banned
Firestorm said:
Try and finish this one quickly guys!

Round 2 Winner's Bracket
Deadline: Monday October 1st, 2007

Division 1
temjin
Firestorm

Kreed
LRS

Division 2
EBCubs03
Giard

Xisiqolemir
Jiggy37

Loser's Bracket

Division 1
Crazymoogle
jsrv

yeb
NeoForte

Division 2
TJ Spyke
RagnarokX

JCX9
WolfofMebu
alrite, how does this work? loser's bracket? wha...? :lol

firestorm, you here? we'll get it over and done with... not looking forward to playing you though :p

Kreed

temjin said:
alrite, how does this work? loser's bracket? wha...? :lol

firestorm, you here? we'll get it over and done with... not looking forward to playing you though :p

It's a double elimination tournament. Everyone who loses once gets another chance to battle in the loser's bracket. Once you're beaten in the loser's bracket (second loss), you're eliminated from the tournament. The winner of the winner's bracket has to battle against the winner of the loser's bracket. The winner of the loser's bracket however has to defeat the winner of the winner's bracket twice in order the win.

Firestorm

I live in the same city as Crazymoogle so we might have issues too. I'm free tomorrow morning ( usually get up around 9 or 10 though) =( I'm not usually up at the time you posted.

Firestorm said:
I live in the same city as Crazymoogle so we might have issues too. I'm free tomorrow morning ( usually get up around 9 or 10 though) =( I'm not usually up at the time you posted.

temjin is 17hrs ahead, I think; 9am/10am for you is going to be 2am/3am for him. The easiest way to calculate is to just think of what time it was 7hrs ago.

AFAIK,

5pm PT = 10am
6pm PT = 11am
7pm PT = noon
10pm PT = 3pm
11pm PT = 4pm

...but if he can't play morning or afternoon you'll need a weekend at best.

temjin

Banned
Not sure if you're on now, Firestorm... But hope so. It's 10:00pm here right now.

I have work tomorrow at 9am til 6pm... Then I have to go out... Saturday I've got work again at 9 - 6 and going out again... Either now or Sunday will be the only time I can get a battle in.

Firestorm

Oh crap my bad. I had to go to school for a project meeting and came home and just played Super Metroid and Halo 3 for a while. Er, if we can't make it work tomorrow or something I'll just give you the win. My fault.

temjin

Banned
Aww, I'm here now... I can't battle tomorrow, I have Uni and then work. I don't want to just 'take the win' either, that would be twice I've taken a win without battling :(

Jiggy

That was certainly the best battle I've had on NeoGAF, and probably the best I've had since getting Diamond/Pearl. :D Very down to the wire, but there was never really any luck in the match or anything like that.
Also, the one Pokemon you didn't see was absolutely guaranteed to lose to your last, so if that last move had missed, you would have won...

Great game. :)

Top Bottom