• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

zsswimmer

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sunday games if people are done their family stuff? I gotta study all night but I could use a break later

zsswimmer

Man I feel like I need to relearn defense, I know what to do but nothing works anymore for me. Especially stick checking and intercepting cross creases. Used to stop that shit all day long, now one blows by my stick every game.

Man I feel like I need to relearn defense, I know what to do but nothing works anymore for me. Especially stick checking and intercepting cross creases. Used to stop that shit all day long, now one blows by my stick every game.

The new tuner update tuned those things down a bit.

I'm still horrible at anticipating a big check at the blue line and making the pass near top of the circle when controlling our attacking zone, blah. Not sure if i heard Marvie correctly, but telling me to cover my points? I try and cover my points for the most part until someone else covers it for me because I'm out of position and making a transition back or that I'm covering your position.

Marvie scoring 7 goals in a game after a near rage was the highlight of the night.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm still horrible at anticipating a big check at the blue line and making the pass near top of the circle when controlling our attacking zone, blah. Not sure if i heard Marvie correctly, but telling me to cover my points? I try and cover my points for the most part until someone else covers it for me because I'm out of position and making a transition back or that I'm covering your position.

Marvie scoring 7 goals in a game after a near rage was the highlight of the night.

No I was telling you to stay on your side. You tend to drift all over the place instead of finding open ice. Gets us way to cluttered up.

What a shit way to end that last game though. AI makes the worst pass possible and it goes the other way.

Wish I would have gotten my 8th goal that earlier game. Instead I just ended up tying goatfucker with 7 goals in one game.

1st off, ggs to swim, marv, tackle, show and legit

good times tonight for the most part

grats on the 7 goals marv

poke them until they get inside your poke range then stick lift them, that's my philosophy for 1 v 1

another key is to really play aggressively at the blue line when you have some backup. NEVER let them in free by backing up. Just by pressuring the most obvious pass recipient at the line and having an active stick can cause so many offsides and prevent a lot of potential good chances for the other team

2 on 1's you need to attack the passer as soon as possible with poke checks all while cutting off the angle for his potential pass across. Usually I surprise them by attacking so aggressively and they rarely get the pass off. Poke checking is all about managing distance, you can poke them when they get inside your reach.

if it's a 1 v 1 and you have no help make sure you have some momentum skating backwards as the guy skates towards you. You got caught standing still and reaching with a poke check in one game and they got blew by you. Start backing up just a bit so you can keep up with him if your first poke check misses.

and for defending cross creases, just position yourself in between the receiver but a little lower so he can sneak behind you. I usually wait and when the pass comes i time a poke check to break it up. You have to use LT to control the direction you are facing to make sure you are facing the puck.

you weren't too shabby tonight in the games I played with you, only really one subpar game, it will come back to you :)

Red_Man

Wish I would have gotten my 8th goal that earlier game. Instead I just ended up tying goatfucker with 7 goals in one game.

:lol

GG's aside from that last OT period, fucking computer...and yea tackle if you're more comfortable on the right wing let me know I can switch up, it doesn't make much difference to me but you were definitely floating over to the right side quite a bit.

Blinding

So, I haven't played in quite a bit, but I don't think I'll be playing NHL 12 again (unless it's requested of me to fill a spot,) and I'll get active again with NHL 13. Soooo, yeah.

Red_Man

So, I haven't played in quite a bit, but I don't think I'll be playing NHL 12 again (unless it's requested of me to fill a spot,) and I'll get active again with NHL 13. Soooo, yeah.
Missing out on short side exploits, and slapper goals from the blue line, but don't worry they'll be in NHL 13 too.

I'm liking playing wing more then Center lately, I prefer playing on the boards and setting up more plays, but I need to start shooting more too, I'm always looking for the pass first. Just one note to show if he's reading this is to try and stick right to the boards in the other teams zone, there was a few times I through it down and you were off a bit and it floated down to our end, not a big deal just a little note. Another 2 goals for show tonight I think? Pretty awesome aside from the creepy singing :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
900th game was last night, which is ~50 less than we played all of last year. We already have 35 more wins this year than we did all last year too so it's good to see we're improving.

I've played 2 more games than I did all last year but I've already scored ~120 more points than I did last year. Hooray for increased productivity!

Missing out on short side exploits, and slapper goals from the blue line, but don't worry they'll be in NHL 13 too.
Nah, they'll be sorta fixed in NHL 13. There will be a whole assortment of new exploits though.
I'm liking playing wing more then Center lately, I prefer playing on the boards and setting up more plays, but I need to start shooting more too, I'm always looking for the pass first. Just one note to show if he's reading this is to try and stick right to the boards in the other teams zone, there was a few times I through it down and you were off a bit and it floated down to our end, not a big deal just a little note. Another 2 goals for show tonight I think? Pretty awesome aside from the creepy singing :lol
Good, because I like playing center more than you love canned chicken....and you're a man that loves his canned chicken. :D

zsswimmer

1st off, ggs to swim, marv, tackle, show and legit

good times tonight for the most part

grats on the 7 goals marv

poke them until they get inside your poke range then stick lift them, that's my philosophy for 1 v 1

another key is to really play aggressively at the blue line when you have some backup. NEVER let them in free by backing up. Just by pressuring the most obvious pass recipient at the line and having an active stick can cause so many offsides and prevent a lot of potential good chances for the other team

2 on 1's you need to attack the passer as soon as possible with poke checks all while cutting off the angle for his potential pass across. Usually I surprise them by attacking so aggressively and they rarely get the pass off. Poke checking is all about managing distance, you can poke them when they get inside your reach.

if it's a 1 v 1 and you have no help make sure you have some momentum skating backwards as the guy skates towards you. You got caught standing still and reaching with a poke check in one game and they got blew by you. Start backing up just a bit so you can keep up with him if your first poke check misses.

and for defending cross creases, just position yourself in between the receiver but a little lower so he can sneak behind you. I usually wait and when the pass comes i time a poke check to break it up. You have to use LT to control the direction you are facing to make sure you are facing the puck.

you weren't too shabby tonight in the games I played with you, only really one subpar game, it will come back to you :)

Good writeup. I think I've been playing more conservatively and that's hurt my game. Letting guys come into the zone and then not be able to poke them off. I need to get back to my style that has always worked for me - goon hockey : )

Red_Man

Pretty sure I figured out my lag problems, I have this really fucking stupid useless roommate and whenever he's home I get lag spikes constantly, and he was gone for easter this weekend and I didn't have any lag in the games I played, and tonight was the first night he was back and I was getting spikes throughout the last 2 games. If I wasn't moving out in a month I'd probably have to kill him.

zsswimmer

Nothing we could do in that (or my) last game guys.. heres some stats for ya

SOG for GAF: 31
SOG for win: 10
Time on Attack GAF: 14:21
Time on Attack win: 2:23
Less penalty minutes, higher passing percentage, more powerplay opportunities, almost 4x the faceoff wins.

Looks like the outcome was already determined before the game even started =/ Rev hit the posts like crazy, and Show missed twice on two shots that would've (and should've) gone in on any other game we played

Revenant

Nothing we could do in that (or my) last game guys.. heres some stats for ya

SOG for GAF: 31
SOG for win: 10
Time on Attack GAF: 14:21
Time on Attack win: 2:23
Less penalty minutes, higher passing percentage, more powerplay opportunities, almost 4x the faceoff wins.

Looks like the outcome was already determined before the game even started =/ Rev hit the posts like crazy, and Show missed twice on two shots that would've (and should've) gone in on any other game we played

that's not the game I'm just virtual Viktor Stalberg

gg's, pretty shitty, not very fun, but good games nonetheless

our defense was pretty stout all around, but damn we didnt do shit on offense all night and managed to win most of the games, ugly stuff

that last one was tragic, the GWG looked like BS in real time but I went back and watched the replay and Show was poke checking when the guy was right up against him. Not sure if he reads this thread, but thats exactly the stuff I posted in the writeup, if you miss the 1st poke check and they are right up against you, just stick lift once and the puck is usually yours for the taking.

unfortunate that it came down to that, but it is what it is. Me and Rev threw everything at that goalie to start that OT off, we held the puck in for 80% and barraged him with shots for about 5 mins straight and couldn't get anything to go...

Red_Man

I'd be up for games if others get on, I'm not sure how much of this nucks / kings game I wanna watch

Red_Man

Had some good games tonight when I wasn't laggin, after Viz left we dealt with some cheese but w/e

Top Bottom