• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF turns modern games into PSOne-era classics!

RedSwirl

bioshockcosiy.jpg

bioanimated1iq1o.gif

Why don't you just create BioShock assets in the Dark engine?

vio

Wicked, but the framerate needs to be like 10fps and double-up on the jaggies. Some texture distortion would be great for authenticity.

Framerate is fine. You should check Lifeforce: Tenka or Disruptor, good framerates with better graphics than this. Texture distortion... don`t know how to render that.

Chronoexe

Are you sure that's not the mobile port of Dead Space? It looks like it. Or is that why you've got a ':p'

;_;

Did you use a screenshot of regular DS1 or of Dead Space iOS/Android for this? Imo textures and models still look too good. Could you do this again with a screenshot of Dead Space iOS/Android or Dead Space Extinction (Wii) ? I bet you'd get shittier results :D (wow, this must be the first time I want to see crappier images)

Yep it's from the mobile game, it's hard to find bad screens of this game, it looks good for a mobile game.

Raoh

I have to carefully re-read this thread.

But can I say.. WOW, so many talented people on here. Thank you.

Am I the only one who thinks a lot of these look a lot more SNES/MegaDrive than PS1? Only the ones in the OP and a few others make me genuinely think of PS1 games when I look at them. A lot of the images here are just blocky/pixel-art-ish as opposed to wobbly 3D imagery with no AF or Z buffer.

Amir0x

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks a lot of these look a lot more SNES/MegaDrive than PS1? Only the ones in the OP and a few others make me genuinely think of PS1 games when I look at them. A lot of the images here are just blocky/pixel-art-ish as opposed to wobbly 3D imagery with no AF or Z buffer.

there were many 2D games like that on PS1, although of course how people associate with the "PS1's distinctive look" were more in the vein of what you said.

however, I'm not one to police an effective topic - if people want to show their talent for SNES/MegaDrive type titles, I won't say anything. It's awesome.

there were many 2D games like that on PS1, although of course how people associate with the "PS1's distinctive look" were more in the vein of what you said.

however, I'm not one to police an effective topic - if people want to show their talent for SNES/MegaDrive type titles, I won't say anything. It's awesome.

I agree that the pixel art stuff looks nice as well, I just don't associate it with the PS1 as much.

Celegus

I think there's a reason Star Ocean 2 is my favorite PS1 game. Early 3D just looks like barf, I even thought so when it was new. Much preferred sprites!

Philippo

Oh my god you guys!
Now i want to see a parallel universe in which PSOne is stille the only console and all the recent games came out for it!

Top Bottom